Dumbarton V East Fife 6/1/2024

Dumbarton V East Fife  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As soon as you seen the team selection the outcome was just so predictable.

A weakened midfield, 2 physical presences left on the bench & nothing down the wings.

So fucking obvious Farrell, you absolute clownshoe.

Well, that was quite something. Farrell got it wrong before the match, Blair shouldn't be anywhere near our team, the goalkeeper debate this week was absolutely justified and it shows that, again, Farrell has got it wrong.

Shite.

A real, unadultarated, classic Stevie Farrell disasterclass from start to finish today. Quite what he was thinking with that lineup is beyond me. I heard it mentioned that he may have been resting players with an eye on the Peterhead game which is ludicrous if true. Worry about winning your home games and get our best players on the park instead of flinging out a ramshackle lineup with players out of position all over the park. FAO Stevie Farrell - Finlay Gray and James Hilton are not wingers and one of them certainly shouldn’t be starting over our top goalscorer. It was clear as day it wasn’t working and any manager worth their salt would have made the relevant adjustments at half time. 

If people weren’t concerned about the goalkeeping situation after last weekend and the signing of Paddy O’Neil then they certainly will be now. Another complete disaster from Harry Broun for the first East Fife goal and with each passing minute the poor lad is looking like he is absolutely miles out of his depth at this level. 

I genuinely think we’ll struggle to make the playoffs at this rate. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

A very rare win for the Fife in post code Dumbarton but very much needed with Clyde and Elgin winning. A good bounce back picking up 4 points in last 2 away games after our horror show against Bonnyrigg. The next trick is to try and find some kind of consistency and pull ourselves away from the relegation threat. Big game next week at home to Clyde victory would move us 11 points clear of them. 

Just now, fifer67 said:

A very rare win for the Fife in post code Dumbarton but very much needed with Clyde and Elgin winning. A good bounce back picking up 4 points in last 2 away games after our horror show against Bonnyrigg. The next trick is to try and find some kind of consistency and pull ourselves away from the relegation threat. Big game next week at home to Clyde victory would move us 11 points clear of them. 

My biggest concern/disappointment was that you guys didn't have to show anything and you've walked away with 3 points. As the match went on (until our double sub) you were growing in confidence but didn't have to do anything because we were so bad and gifted both goals to you.

I'd still be concerned about the rest of the season though, as I expect Clyde to kick on from here and it looks like you may be very vulnerable with the team/squad you have.

Side note for the ref, who I thought was hopeless today. Didn't cost us any goals/points as such, but he was very inconsistent and stopped the game from flowing a lot of the time.

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

My biggest concern/disappointment was that you guys didn't have to show anything and you've walked away with 3 points. As the match went on (until our double sub) you were growing in confidence but didn't have to do anything because we were so bad and gifted both goals to you.

I'd still be concerned about the rest of the season though, as I expect Clyde to kick on from here and it looks like you may be very vulnerable with the team/squad you have.

Side note for the ref, who I thought was hopeless today. Didn't cost us any goals/points as such, but he was very inconsistent and stopped the game from flowing a lot of the time.

I'd very much like to see Mikey Ruth's penalty claim again. It looked a stonewaller at the time.

13 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Anyone who has watched back. As bad as broun was at first goal , did lynas not have a chance to clear rather than pass straight out ??

He does manage to put right at the East Fife player it has to be said. View of it on the video isn't the best but I think he could've put it somewhere else rather than pretty much dead centre 10 yards out 

We were absolutely chronic today. Team selection was all wrong and in the first half the players looked like they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing. We only started to play from around midway through the second half. Tony Wallace was a bright spark when he came on with plenty of good forward passes and he injected some life into Shiels and the strikers, but it was too little, too late. Defensively we were all over the shop and Broun is a clear weak link, he is not ready for this level at the moment and throwing him in at the deep end may stunt his development as well as costing us goals. A poor game for large parts generally, but we were particularly poor. You can't wait until 70 minutes and trailing to try and get started.