Partick Thistle vs Arbroath - 6th January 2024

19 hours ago, JagsCG said:

David Mitchell definitely won’t be back in the squad tomorrow, Doolan didn’t give a timescale on his return but said he has a back injury. Sneddon will keep his place between the sticks then. 

d7ef79163cd8d926b66ab5ff7238d475-1736568476.jpg.8e504e44c02545ffd3b766574054c68f.jpg

Not a fan of that midfield 3 against Arbroath, with Stanway out it seemed ideal to maybe bring McBeth in, in the deeper role but perhaps Doolan thinks it’s too soon. 

1 minute ago, DD11 said:

Thistle streaming this match within the UK according to posts I’ve seen. Thought no one was allowed to do this for a 3pm ko on a Saturday?

No top flight games this week in either Scotland or England.

Hate to say it but Gaston is becoming a bit of a liability. Looks unfit, immobile, overweight and is painfully slow. You could blame him for today, united’s second (possibly third?) last week and Dunfermline’s equiliser. All goalkeepers make mistakes and are punished for errors but this is happening too often.

Is it time for Adams to get a chance?

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Hate to say it but Gaston is becoming a bit of a liability. Looks unfit, immobile, overweight and is painfully slow. You could blame him for today, united’s second (possibly third?) last week and Dunfermline’s equiliser. All goalkeepers make mistakes and are punished for errors but this is happening too often.

Is it time for Adams to get a chance?

You got a new favourite now Little is injured.

I think Gaston is suffering for not being behind a settled defence, makes his job much harder.  That being said, he has made mistakes this season that I wouldn't expect him to make.  I wouldn't drop him though, not while our defence is in such flux.

8 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

You got a new favourite now Little is injured.

What? Come on, I’m only saying what many are thinking?

Gaston (and Little for that matter) have been two of our best servants, and two of my favourite players in my time watching Arbroath. Doesn’t mean I can’t comment on a drop in form. Every player goes through it. Gaston looks to me lol he’s possibly carrying some kind of knock so a rest would do him good.

Seriously what’s wrong in saying that?

Where’s you condemnation of Lichie23 for blaming Gaston for the goal?

Edited by Tattie36

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Gaston (and Little for that matter) have been two of our best servants, and two of my favourite players in my time watching Arbroath. Doesn’t mean I can’t comment on a drop in form. Every player goes through it. Gaston looks to me lol he’s possibly carrying some kind of knock so a rest would do him good.

Nothing wrong with saying that and i tend to agree with you, he has been dodgy the last few games. Doubt he is carrying a knock with a decent Adams to cover him.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Where’s you condemnation of Lichie23 for blaming Gaston for the goal?

He was clearly at fault for the goal. I said that myself with the comment about last week. 

Gaston has made mistakes....... but who hasnt the past 18 months.

Chop and change defence has not helped but by f**k in that time more often than not he has single handedly kept us in games so I have no issue with him being in goal.