Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

I think this is a game primed for  Connolly and Hamilton a bit later to offer something against their centre half's. 

Think Gullan is due a goal too. 

Thought we improved towards the end of the half. Decent wee 10 minutes spell but still much improvement needed. Airdrie definitely seem to have our number this season.

At least we have the options off the bench to change things. Can’t imagine it’ll be too long before we see the likes of Hamilton and Connolly.

Shout out to DiamondsTV, good coverage so far. One man commentary must be an absolute nightmare but the guy has done it very well and I’ve enjoyed it.

Just now, TxRover said:

Matthews in for Vaughan, Connolly for Mullin, Gullan for Easton and Hamilton for Smith…just do it.

Some horrendous shouts in there. If we're going to keep playing long then Hamilton does need on though. 

1 minute ago, Craigus said:

We have been dung and absolutely bullied here... but my god where did this ref come from. Getting very excited and involving himself with every single minor incident. Mullen booked for I assume not giving the linesman a motivational boost at our corner after he'd clearly been taken down. 

League One mostly. This is his third Championship match this season, not covering himself in glory.

1 minute ago, Craigus said:

We have been dung and absolutely bullied here... but my god where did this ref come from. Getting very excited and involving himself with every single minor incident. Mullen booked for I assume not giving the linesman a motivational boost at our corner after he'd clearly been taken down. 

Also baffling that he didn’t give a foul for it, but decided to book todorov anyway

Airdrie deservedly ahead. They've won the lion's share of the individual battles and also look better as a unit.

Big call for Murray now - up to him to utilise all these attacking options we think we have on the bench.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Matthews in for Vaughan, Connolly for Mullin, Gullan for Easton and Hamilton for Smith…just do it.

Agreed. Went long diagonal to small players..needs Hamilton on the pitch and us to up the tempo. 
Fair fucks Airdrie, pulling us apart at times but we’re making it easy. HAS to get better in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Thought we improved towards the end of the half. Decent wee 10 minutes spell but still much improvement needed. Airdrie definitely seem to have our number this season.

At least we have the options off the bench to change things. Can’t imagine it’ll be too long before we see the likes of Hamilton and Connolly.

Shout out to DiamondsTV, good coverage so far. One man commentary must be an absolute nightmare but the guy has done it very well and I’ve enjoyed it.

Yeah think the coverage has been very good so far. Once the sun fucked off behind the stand it got better as well 

Just now, Diamonds02 said:

Also baffling that he didn’t give a foul for it, but decided to book todorov anyway

Toderov got it for the shove after, I believe. I think Mullin was booked for dissent with the Lino.

1 minute ago, Diamonds02 said:

Looked like it was for having a go at Mullen after he got up. Who knows though, probably absolutely nothing in it 

Just now, Craigus said:

Looked like it was for having a go at Mullen after he got up. Who knows though, probably absolutely nothing in it 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Toderov got it for the shove after, I believe. I think Mullin was booked for dissent with the Lino.

Mullin shoved todorov right back and got nothing. Not sure how you can book one and not the other.

That being said, there wasn’t really anything in it and neither deserved a booking.

We’ve improved and had the better of most of the second half but still feels very much like Airdrie are holding us at arms length. We’ve not created anything clear cut to bother Rae in goals.

Last 5 minutes very much feels like Airdrie have seen out the earlier pressure and are starting to play their own game again and we’ve kind of ran out of ideas.

Megwa has been excellent for Airdrie. Bossed that side defensively against everyone he has faced.