Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

Not getting to this one unfortunately.  Will be tough.  Airdrie play some nice football.  We have been a bit stuttery of late against apparent lower ranked opposition, so hard to judge where this one will end.

6-5 to the Rovers after being 5-4 down with 3 minutes to go.  98th minute winner.

Hard to say how many we'll take for this.  7 of our last 10 games have been away from home so fans have been spending a fair bit recently.  It's easily our best season for a long long time though so I would still expect a decent away support.  If we can take over 500 to Arbroath on a Wednesday night I would imagine 800+ shouldn't be out of the question for a similar distance on a Saturday afternoon.

17 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Come from behind and win late on you say. I think some Dundee Untied fans will start having strokes if we keep that up.

Much as I don't care who wins the title, it would be good to see United fail to even go up, and a newish face for the hidebound Premier league. That's after of course you don't leave Airdrie with three points. 

20 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Cheers Ammo. Think I've used DTV before and it was good. We are a bit spoiled by Raith TV and as long as its not Arbroath Fermer level I'll be happy!

At least you can chuckle at ArbroathTV, either with them or at them. I had to watch Pars TV on Tuesday and it is, by far, the worst I've seen (pics not quite so bad, I suppose) or heard (DEFINITELY the worst).

On 05/01/2024 at 11:31, Rael Rover said:

See DTV are doing a stream for £15 for those like me unable to attend. Is the coverage good? Seen some of their YouTube coverage and it seems to be.

Good call. That’s my afternoon sorted.

20 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Hard to say how many we'll take for this.  7 of our last 10 games have been away from home so fans have been spending a fair bit recently.  It's easily our best season for a long long time though so I would still expect a decent away support.  If we can take over 500 to Arbroath on a Wednesday night I would imagine 800+ shouldn't be out of the question for a similar distance on a Saturday afternoon.

Aye it’s difficult to say. But I‘m not too sure mate on the 800odd. Money really bites in Jan. 6 in our usual group, 3 made Arbroath, just me today! Also not an attractive ‘away day’ for pubs etc. 

Hopefully still a good 5-600 though and a noisy support. 

Big game today, come on min!

2 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

No Kev today. Big step up for McNeil but will hopefully face less shots than he's became accustom to at Edinburgh City. Can only assume that Thomson isn't match fit himself.

Word from those seeing EC matches was that he did well to keep the scores somewhat down. Does indeed ask the question about Thomson. Honestly happy to see them resting Big Kev, we need him healthy.

Edit: Looks a 4-2-3-1, good. The question will be is it Vaughan or Smith up top…I hope Smith, as Vaughan seems much better lying that little bit deeper behind the striker.

Edited by TxRover

On 05/01/2024 at 11:31, Rael Rover said:

See DTV are doing a stream for £15 for those like me unable to attend. Is the coverage good? Seen some of their YouTube coverage and it seems to be.

Presume that's just for international subscribers?

15 minutes ago, renton said:

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Available worldwide today according to their post about it. 

It would have to be since it’s in the blackout window. RaithTV also streaming (to their international subscribers), thank you Airdrie!

Edited: Doh, forgot about the shutdown! Good call.

Edited by TxRover

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Article 48 only applies when 50% or more teams from the top two divisions are playing or national cup competitions are on. As the Premiership aren't playing today, domestic streaming will be permitted. 

Edited by Ex Machina

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Available worldwide today according to their post about it. 

Further proof that Kirkcaldy is in the World 🌍. I am watching.