Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

What a win, can’t believe how poor rovers were, was really expecting a peppering 2nd half but can’t remember Rae having a save to make. Sure this will give the boys plenty confidence for next week and the semi at starks next month. Another win for the apprentice over the master 😎

Well that was absolutely abysmal and completely Murrays fault.

Every game this season we've played Airdrie we've been bossed and nothing changed. No change In tactics, formations nothing. 

Our front line without Hamilton is dreadful, offered nothing. 

You could go on and on about it. 

Well played Airdrie, made us look like a lower end of the league team. 

Scraping games isn't going to last forever. 

Great win for us today and thoroughly deserved too. The better team throughout the game and even when Raith were on top we never lost our shape or panicked. It felt like McCabe was in control of the full game with Murray helpless to change it. 

I thought Raith’s best spell was the first 15 minutes of the second half. They never looked like scoring but they moved the ball well and had us pinned back a bit. Murray then deciding to make four subs (three unenforced) was a bit strange and that, combined with Euan Murray bizarrely taking about 10 years to get off the pitch killed their momentum. It was a bit like the first game at Airdrie where Murray made a load of attacking subs but without any real plan. We’ve made Easton, Mullin, Vaughan, Connolly etc look very ordinary across the three games so far. Stanton was the standout in the other games and I thought Raith really missed his drive and energy today.

Millen being sent off at the end was a good laugh. Just stupidity and as someone else said, it’s exactly the kind of thing he does to other players every week.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Millen just been red carded in the tunnel after behaving like an absolute clown after the final whistle.

That’s a blow, no two ways about it.

I missed the last half hour cause I had to pick my daughter up. I hoped when the subs came on for us we’d make a better fist of it and get a goal. Obviously wasn’t to be. Injuries and suspensions looking to be de-railing our season.

Ah well. Can't win them all. If we'd went 14 games without a win rather than 14 unbeaten, then I'd be concerned. Every team has a blip or a bad result. Players are only human after all.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say you were beaten by the better team. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. I'm just disappointed that Utd have faltered and we've not taken advantage again.  

Posting before catching up. Thought we deserved the win again and achieved through team efforts all over the pitch

The first goal is always crucial and I can't remember Rae having any difficulties

Expected Raith to mount some sort of comeback but they missed Stanton in the middle as an attacking/driving force. Airdrie's full backs negated any width and Todorov was a nuisance all day with the bonus of a goal again. 

That's Murray surpassed his three sub tactic from the first game and maybe the first time I've ever seen that.

Last four games have been excellent. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap

11 minutes ago, Toddy said:

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say you were beaten by the better team. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. I'm just disappointed that Utd have faltered and we've not taken advantage again.  

Great goal from you today.

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Millen just been red carded in the tunnel after behaving like an absolute clown after the final whistle.

To be pedantic he was still on the pitch but it was bizarrely funny if you're an Airdrie supporter.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Spelling

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Wardy mate, you're top of the league and we're no. Go and have couple of drinks and calm doon! 

Just a banter my dudes. Season we won the First division last time Clydebank were a bit of a bogie team, and you then obviously what happened with you guys. You know. Just a bit of light heartedness. 🤣