Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

Just watched the highlights back and if I was a rovers fan I would dishing out the pelters to Josh Mullin with his half hearted aerial change which led to Hancock's cross. In other words, he shit his pants.

No real interest in dissecting the performance. Airdrie by far the better side and no qualms with the result at all, nor the celebrations. They’ve just beaten the top team in the league at home. We’ve celebrated a lot of games in a similar fashion recently. Time to take our medicine. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Pars fans gloating from 21 (twenty one) points behind 🤣🤣🤣.

Millen seemed to react to one of the Bankies diddies waving and smiling at the away support, to the bemusement of most of us. 

As has already been said, he dishes it out plenty, so needs to be able to take it back without costing the team with another suspension. 

It's not like we was robbed, we looked clueless for the whole game.

Murray again beaten by his man for a headed goal. Interesting to see how we line up on Saturday, assuming he's out anyway.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No real interest in dissecting the performance. Airdrie by far the better side and no qualms with the result at all, nor the celebrations. They’ve just beaten the top team in the league at home. We’ve celebrated a lot of games in a similar fashion recently. Time to take our medicine. 

Aye, agree with that.  I've personally given it big licks, especially when leaving grounds a fair few times this season.  No issue there.

Again, thought Airdrie were superb and laid the blueprint down for how to play against this Rovers side.  Taking Easton, Mullin and Vaughan off in the same go pretty much killed any chance of getting back into the game, mind. 

3 hours ago, Craigus said:

Murray again beaten by his man for a headed goal. Interesting to see how we line up on Saturday, assuming he's out anyway.

It's a bit of a stretch to blame Murray for the goal when there's no danger when the initial ball comes in. Millen knocks it over his own head and Mullen must have had his eyes shut when he went up as he totally misses the ball. When i played many many moons ago, i was always taught if in doubt, put it out. Millen should take most of the blame as he could have put it out for a corner or throw in instead of a half hearted over head kick when he doesn't know who's behind him.

47 minutes ago, Toddy said:

It's a bit of a stretch to blame Murray for the goal when there's no danger when the initial ball comes in. Millen knocks it over his own head and Mullen must have had his eyes shut when he went up as he totally misses the ball. When i played many many moons ago, i was always taught if in doubt, put it out. Millen should take most of the blame as he could have put it out for a corner or throw in instead of a half hearted over head kick when he doesn't know who's behind him.

I don't disagree, it was a mess. Don't entirely blame Murray, but goals where he gets beaten to a header when he seems to be in position feel like they're happening often. 

35 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Taking it well, I see. Happy Sunday!

Absolutely no issue with the result, Airdrie by far the better side, more not sure why Millen reacted so badly to some random giving the fans a wave. Anyway, onwards and... Still top - happy Sunday indeed.

15 hours ago, BigDi@mond said:

Watched the highlights back and think Dan O’Reilly was very, very lucky to stay on the pitch after that high foot against McGill! 

RaithTV was saying as much at the time. The entire side was off form, that’s for sure. We never tactically adjusted.

On 06/01/2024 at 16:58, SerieA said:

Airdrie ok…Raith awful.

Minor point!Airdrie allowed unacceptable amount of time to take every set piece. Still wouldn’t have made a difference.

Once again a team that takes the ballboys in at home when going 1 up can have no justified complaints on gamesmanship.

18 hours ago, Craigus said:

Absolutely no issue with the result, Airdrie by far the better side, more not sure why Millen reacted so badly to some random giving the fans a wave. Anyway, onwards and... Still top - happy Sunday indeed.

Especially when he seems to revel in exactly the same shithousery. 

Can dish it out but not take it back and all that jazz.... 

Last away game I thought both teams were pretty poor but Airdrie were still the deserved winners as they took their chance well while we didn’t. This time around I thought Airdrie were the better side and played us perfectly.  We really struggled to get in the game and Airdrie played to their strengths by making us play a lot of balls on the air. Thought the man of the match was Airdrieonians Right Back (is it Megwa?) had a cracking game and dealt with everything we threw at him down that side. Said on the half way thread I’ve been surprised at how well Airdrie have done but fair play you’re where you are on merit. I think we’re hoping you’re not in the playoffs as we can’t seem to beat you. 

15 hours ago, Diamond Sab said:

It was Dunfermline who forgot to send the ball boys out for the second half against Airdrie at East End Park a few years ago

Raith did it up at Starks after Smith scored until we equalised

8 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Raith did it up at Starks after Smith scored until we equalised

Looking at the RaithTV highlights from that game that is simply not true.