Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

Bought my tickets for this today.  Look out for the parent and child ticket if you're taking an under 12 with you.  Not too bad at £25.

Looking for an improvement in form in general but against Airdrie in particular.  We've won 9 away games in a row in all competitions since losing in Airdrie the last time and I'm confident we can make that 10.

United have a tough game at home to an in-form Morton so we need to be able to take advantage if they slip up.

Easton is unlikely to have 2 quiet games in a row and I think he'll return to haunt his old team on Saturday.

Hopefully Kev is 100% for this as Murray suggested in his interview yesterday.

The tough games keep on rolling.

We’ve a poor recent record against Airdrie and revisit the ground of our last defeat. They’re now up to 4th and the table starting to look like that’ll be the only play-off spot up for grabs.

Im hoping for a switched on and disciplined performance with us edging out a win.

Was impressed with Airdrie in their last visit to Starks…thought they’d play some real tidy football so no surprise to see them doing well. 

A funny one this. On paper it's a RR win, but we've raised our game considerably in the last couple of matches with a pair of well deserved  wins, scoring goals again in the process. I'd be more than happy with a point truth told.

Edited by cb_diamond

Feels like our form has improved just in time for this fixture but Raith will understandably still be favourites. 

The only thing that gives me hope is Murray’s ability to errmm shit his pants when things start getting serious although you could say he’s shaken that hoodoo off recently with the Dundee United win.

Would happily take a point to maintain our unbeaten record against the league champions (IMO).

Bought my ticket the other day. I can't say I'm eagerly awaiting this game. The Diamonds have had our mark in both games and Id say have been the better team in both. 

If Dabrowski isn't fit, don't play him. Airdrie will take shots unlike Dunfermline. 

I do believe this requires a 5 man midfield and I doubt Murray would start with 3-5-2 so maybe a 4-5-1 with somebody else in midfield McGill, Connolly? I'd say Matthews but not sure he's fit enough yet to start, with Hamilton up front. 

I'm also not sure how Brown is? He definitely picked up a knock on Saturday so who knows if he'll be fit to start? 

Watson can't be too far from returning as well?

Team selection will be interesting in this one. 

If we get it right, 2-0 Rovers. 

Hello Kirkcaldy folk 🖐️

What a f*ckin season you boys are having eh! Sadly this will be one of the rarer games I won't be attending as it's Mrs A's birthday so a day out beckons! Should be a good game, confidence higher in both camps, actually I'll be very surprised if this is dull at all. I'd take a point here tbh and I won't be greedy, Dundee Utd to drop points aswell and we can all move on?

The only team in the league we haven’t yet beaten, and the only team to beat us this season. 

Says it all about how difficult this will be. 
I’m not sure if McCabe knows exactly how to counter us or if Murray doesn’t know how to overcome Airdrie but I will be bloody ecstatic if we sneak a 1-0 here. 

I'm going for a draw and both games have been good adverts for good football. Thought Airdrie caught Raith a bit cold in your only defeat and deserved to win. The second one could have gone either way and it was one of our better performances.

We've had a stutter but seen to have passed through it so I look forward to a good match.

Hope it's not a repeat of that famous match where Raith won it in the last few minutes having been behind! 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Hope it's not a repeat of that famous match where Raith won it in the last few minutes having been behind! 

Come from behind and win late on you say. I think some Dundee Untied fans will start having strokes if we keep that up.

12 hours ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Would be surprised if you didn't beat the townies for 4th spot when it's all said and done.

Down with this sort of positive shit. We’ll stutter into 8th place and that absolutely is our objective this season. Stop trying to raise everyone’s expectations!

Missing this one as I’m at work but hopefully we can continue to have Ian Murray’s number. He’s always due at least one “shit-the-bed” moment when on a good run, and Raith’s season so far is reminiscent to our 21-22 season where we went toe-to-toe with Cove all season… so I’ll predict a 2-1 Airdrie win with Frizzell battering one in from 30 yards in the 102nd minute, and Callum Fordyce to header everything that comes within an atmosphere of him for the full match.

38 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

See DTV are doing a stream for £15 for those like me unable to attend. Is the coverage good? Seen some of their YouTube coverage and it seems to be.

I don't want to be too bias, but its generally decent.  Commentator isn't as much of a walloper as some others (hi @AndyDD) and the visual quality is pretty good also. 

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Down with this sort of positive shit. We’ll stutter into 8th place and that absolutely is our objective this season. Stop trying to raise everyone’s expectations!

Missing this one as I’m at work but hopefully we can continue to have Ian Murray’s number. He’s always due at least one “shit-the-bed” moment when on a good run, and Raith’s season so far is reminiscent to our 21-22 season where we went toe-to-toe with Cove all season… so I’ll predict a 2-1 Airdrie win with Frizzell battering one in from 30 yards in the 102nd minute, and Callum Fordyce to header everything that comes within an atmosphere of him for the full match.

I'd say that's a slight misreading of history there. We started that season terribly with 5 points from the first 5 games, Cove started to motor ahead and we never got near them again until about March time. At the current stage in that 2021/2022 season we were on 35 points with Cove on 43 and it stayed like that until March where it got as low as 5, which was the smallest gap between us in the entire season. It took an incredible run of form to even stay within 8 points, but I don't think many people ever thought there was a realistic title race until about February/March time, and even then it was an outside bet, the points tally was about 5 or 6 different then but the fact they were winning every week meant them dropping enough points was so unlikely. Cove also beat us twice and drew with us twice, so they were clearly a better team. I'm not sure what the 'shit the bed' moment was in that run of form, especially given we had nothing to lose for the whole season as we were never expected to win it, did we not go 22 unbeaten too until the end of the season? The play-offs could be argued was a bottle job but really I think that was just QP with a fit Simon Murray, if he'd been injured like he was for half the season we'd have won. Their form last season also showed they weren't a bad side.

The only similarity which I think you're getting at is that there were 2 teams clearly better than the rest, which is true. But this season has been close from the first few games and is almost neck and neck now. That was never the case with us and Cove.

49 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I don't want to be too bias, but its generally decent.  Commentator isn't as much of a walloper as some others (hi @AndyDD) and the visual quality is pretty good also. 

Cheers Ammo. Think I've used DTV before and it was good. We are a bit spoiled by Raith TV and as long as its not Arbroath Fermer level I'll be happy!

23 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I'd say that's a slight misreading of history there. We started that season terribly with 5 points from the first 5 games, Cove started to motor ahead and we never got near them again until about March time. At the current stage in that 2021/2022 season we were on 35 points with Cove on 43 and it stayed like that until March where it got as low as 5, which was the smallest gap between us in the entire season. It took an incredible run of form to even stay within 8 points, but I don't think many people ever thought there was a realistic title race until about February/March time, and even then it was an outside bet, the points tally was about 5 or 6 different then but the fact they were winning every week meant them dropping enough points was so unlikely. Cove also beat us twice and drew with us twice, so they were clearly a better team. I'm not sure what the 'shit the bed' moment was in that run of form, especially given we had nothing to lose for the whole season as we were never expected to win it, did we not go 22 unbeaten too until the end of the season? The play-offs could be argued was a bottle job but really I think that was just QP with a fit Simon Murray, if he'd been injured like he was for half the season we'd have won. Their form last season also showed they weren't a bad side.

The only similarity which I think you're getting at is that there were 2 teams clearly better than the rest, which is true. But this season has been close from the first few games and is almost neck and neck now. That was never the case with us and Cove.

With Murray’s Airdrie teams it was more tiredness and just falling short rather than shitting the bed in a title race, with a habit of peaking in play-off semi-finals. A brilliant Kyle Turner led run during the COVID season culminating in that extra time win over Cove, only to have a load of injures and play Sean Crighton at right back in the final. Same thing the following year, brilliant run as mentioned above and then the most ridiculous comeback I’ve ever seen against Montrose, only to look jaded and out of ideas in the final. His Airdrie teams didn’t pull of as many big moments during the season as this Raith team, it was generally routine wins against lesser opposition and then struggling against the title winners, but it’ll be interesting to see if Raith can avoid the same fate should they end up 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

Cheers Ammo. Think I've used DTV before and it was good. We are a bit spoiled by Raith TV and as long as its not Arbroath Fermer level I'll be happy!

How many Raith fans making the trip,  your travelling support has looked decent,  what do you think 800..