Airdrieonians v Rovers - 6th January

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

You deserved your win (again), but that's a low blow.

Falkirk are obviously more hideous as a group of fans and club in general, but we need our annual whipping boys and we've had them for the last 3/4 years. Time to upgrade.

Just now, SerieA said:

Airdrie ok…Raith awful.

Minor point!Airdrie allowed unacceptable amount of time to take every set piece. Still wouldn’t have made a difference.

Verge of tears/tear stained/ u ok m8 etc etc

Really poor stuff from us. Airdrie completely have our number and that has to be a concern how well they’ve worked us out and that the rest of the league are also starting to take note.

For us, we’re not playing well right now. Easy to criticise and look at what we should do better (and there’s a lot of things) but if we’re honest, we were never as good as our points total suggests. That’s not to say we’ve not been good, of course we have but when you keep winning games by 1 goal, eventually those fine margins go the other way. Not that today was one of those ‘fine margin’ days we were comfortably beaten.

We can cheer ourselves up looking at the Dundee United score but we’re kidding ourselves on if we think we’ll be league winners the way we’re playing. I think the gap to Partick is far more relevant to us in the long run.

Considering the amount of late goals we’ve scored I thought the last 15-20 minutes was dreadful. Totally ran out of ideas and had zero creativity.

All credit to Airdrie, thoroughly deserved winners and definitely one of the best teams we’ve faced this season. McCabe is doing an excellent job, such a well drilled team in every aspect and Megwa was the outstanding player on the pitch. You wouldn’t believe there were 17 points between the sides based on the games against each other so far (well maybe you would but not in our favour!).

Murray said after the last Airdrie defeat he felt like it has been coming for a few weeks and it sometimes isn’t the worst thing to give you a chance to reset. I imagine he will feel the same here. We absolutely need a similar response this time because our recent performances have suggested the loss of form could be quite dramatic unless we get a big reaction from here.

Edited by R.R.FC

I thought we looked pretty comfortable. Played somE nice footie and suddenly looking up. Raith have got great depth so will either be first or second. Seems we are their bogey team. Hope it continues for the cup game

9 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Millen falling the sort of stuff he does to wind other players up and getting himself sent off after the game.

On second thoughts, I blame the parents. Now he was a complete dick!

Really poor today and Airdrie fully deserved the win. Could have played for another 90 and we still wouldn't have had a proper shot on goal far less actually scoring a goal. Players need to take this as a proper wake up call and forget the hype as this result has been coming the way we've been playing recently. 

As for Millen, for me that's an automatic fine. Unacceptable and puts us in a difficult position now next week.

9 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Minor point!Airdrie allowed unacceptable amount of time to take every set piece. 

We have been absolutely expert at such things all season, never more so than at Tannadice three weeks ago.

Deservedly beat by a better team today. Unfortunately, I think we're now seeing what Stanton brings to the team.

Straight red , Hancock done a Millen at the end , Stupid red card and he should know better not to react , I think Rae made one save first half off an Easton shot . To many players yet again to far off it ,Rovers have been superb until after the United game but still shouldnt escape criticism, Missed opportunity however we got away with one thanks to Morton come on Rovers reset and we start again 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

16 games left to go, I doubt we can be caught for 3rd but this form has to be halted somehow

We can be easily caught especially if we keep losing a few more and Partick keep scoring like today. Just look at how QP imploded up to the last game of last season then losing the title to Dundee in the final game.

3 minutes ago, embow said:

We can be easily caught especially if we keep losing a few more and Partick keep scoring like today. Just look at how QP imploded up to the last game of last season then losing the title to Dundee in the final game.

Aye there is that right enough, guess I'm being optimistic 

It’s been coming for a few weeks really hasn’t it. Set up wrong from the start. Hamilton had a slight knock and that’s why he didn’t start. 

McNeil done well in goals, didn’t have too much to do but his kicking is much better than big kev. 

Hopefully we give ourselves a good shake after today and onwards and upwards