Queens v Alloa

We never do well against Alloa .

We will have at least 5  players out for this. Reilly will be a huge miss our main goal threat .

Maybe Marv will add quality to the squad this week highly unlikely as his recruitment has been very poor so far.

4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Lose this and Bartley must go. 

just my opinion 😀

Should be gone for that interview. Fucking shameful he's content with a defeat. 

I expect he's here until his contract ends, sadly. 

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

We will have at least 5  players out for this. Reilly will be a huge miss our main goal threat .

Who are the other 4? Reilly loves a goal, or penalty, against us. 

27 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Who are the other 4? Reilly loves a goal, or penalty, against us. 

Mimnaugh, Church, Cochrane, Brydon and Houston.  That's before they even begin this week's training, so it would be no surprise if another couple are crocked by next weekend.

Bit surprised Bartley's still in a job considering how vocal the fans were at the game at the Recs.

We've had games recently where we've played well and not got the results to show for it and against Edinburgh played poorly but ended up with 3 points. 

Hopefully we can sneak another win down at Palmerston.

A fixture in which we never seem to do well.  Hopefully we can add some quality over the week.  However given his poor recruitment this seems unlikely.

Following yesterdays turgid watch I can't see anything other than 3 points for Alloa.  Bartley should be punted now following his latest car crash of an interview.

40 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Unfortunately Queens no 18 is out for the season and no 2 & 3 won’t feature for a while. Queens no 6 & 35 aren’t far away but Queens no 9 will miss another 2/3 weeks with his hand injury. 

I’d settle for 1-0 Alloa. Take the point and move on.

Bartley's surely got some dirt on Queen of the South's board that they don't want out, no?

Been a running joke in the press box about his survivability after every abject result. The man's bulletproof.

Although that said if we were to go 5 points clear of QoS with two games in hand that'd be a pretty hard benchmark to recover from.

Edited by LeodhasXD

38 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Bartley's surely got some dirt on Queen of the South's board that they don't want out, no?

Been a running joke in the press box about his survivability after every abject result. The man's bulletproof.

Although that said if we were to go 5 points clear of QoS with two games in hand that'd be a pretty hard benchmark to recover from.

I think its a financial issue with our board - he's on a two year contract and it will cost them to sack him, and this board appears to be extremely financially prudent even if its to the detriment of on-field performance ... which at the end of the day will eventually come back and hit them financially anyway as the fan base stays away in ever greater numbers.  Can't figure them out.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

I think its a financial issue with our board - he's on a two year contract and it will cost them to sack him, and this board appears to be extremely financially prudent even if its to the detriment of on-field performance ... which at the end of the day will eventually come back and hit them financially anyway as the fan base stays away in ever greater numbers.  Can't figure them out.

It also costs them less money if we lose games.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It also costs them less money if we lose games.

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hoping that maybe after a year in the job the cost to get rid is significantly less, lose this week and maybe we will find out! 

My guess ... their (the BODs) preference would be to wait until half way through next season before hitting the eject button so that the cost of removal is substantially reduced.  They possibly think that this would be acceptable as long as he somehow avoids relegation to L2 this season - which I feel the BOD thinks is now going to be achieved.  If there is no improvement by mid Q2 next season then they'll act.  All ifs, buts and maybes but that's my guess.  I no longer expect any action this season and just wish the season would end tomorrow as its clearly in the bin now.

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hoping that maybe after a year in the job the cost to get rid is significantly less, lose this week and maybe we will find out! 

This weekend could be weird, I've never gone to a game hoping for us to lose!

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

10 minutes ago, bod said:

This weekend could be weird, I've never gone to a game hoping for us to lose!

In all seriousness do you really believe he'll be sacked if we fail to beat Alloa? I'm resigned to the fact he's not going anywhere. I don't think we're in any serious danger of going down so I think that will buy him another season unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In all seriousness do you really believe he'll be sacked if we fail to beat Alloa? I'm resigned to the fact he's not going anywhere. I don't think we're in any serious danger of going down so I think that will buy him another season unfortunately. 

Well I can live in hope. Let's be honest we're not going to go down but if we lose 1 of the next couple of league games against the team's we're fighting against our season's basically over. What will the crowds be like for the remainder of the home games?

We have numbers guys on the board, let them do the maths.

19 hours ago, bod said:

Well I can live in hope. Let's be honest we're not going to go down but if we lose 1 of the next couple of league games against the team's we're fighting against our season's basically over. What will the crowds be like for the remainder of the home games?

We have numbers guys on the board, let them do the maths.

I kind of agree with what you are saying.  I think the time for getting rid is overdue.  Abject performances and a couple car crash interviews should have seen to that.  The few weeks prior to last Saturday (while little more than papering over cracks) have however bought him a little time.  I now don't see our board acting anytime soon, even if we lose farcically on Saturday.

Queens supporters going to a game wanting their team to lose? No matter who the manager is/was, or who is/was on the Board, and I've lived through the Harkness era, I've NEVER wanted a Queens team to lose...even a bounce game.