🔵🔴 The Caley Vs Dundee United 🟠⚫️ - BBC Scotland friday night extravaganza

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Friday night games love a "story" so can see the Duncan Ferguson connection to both being built up to excess. 

As an aside how many Fri night TV games has Dundee Utd being involved in this season? Honestly feels like half a dozen at least 

We are box office as f**k

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Didn't watch it mate, but a cursory look back at the forum confirms it was on tele.  

Me either, I was at the game.

There must be some reason the BBC keeps showing them though, even if you didn’t watch.  

Having seen the Dundee United accounts it's clear that they cannot afford Wotherspoon so he should be returned to us immediately.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Me either, I was at the game.

There must be some reason the BBC keeps showing them though, even if you didn’t watch.  

Maybe just to annoy me? 

P.S. it doesn't as I'm in a far flung land so the joke's on them! 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Having seen the Dundee United accounts it's clear that they cannot afford Wotherspoon so he should be returned to us immediately.

If you have £100m and you make a loss of £2m you’re still very rich. 

I’m not suggesting United have a £100m, but profit/loss is not a reflection of financial strength.  Much of last year’s losses were covered by cash at the bank, according to the annual report. 

Edited by adamntg

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

If you have £100m and you make a loss of £2m you’re still very rich. 

I’m not suggesting United have a £100m, but profit/loss is not a reflection of financial strength.  Much of last year’s losses were covered by cash at the bank, according to the annual report. 

The last filed accounts were up to 28th March 2023 which I assume is the annual accounts you refer to.

The DU Chairman's statement this morning paints a different picture which we will see when the latest accounts are submitted in March this year.

When a board issues a financial concern pre accounts submission it is an admission that allis not well

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The last filed accounts were up to 28th March 2023 which I assume is the annual accounts you refer to.

The DU Chairman's statement this morning paints a different picture which we will see when the latest accounts are submitted in March this year.

When a board issues a financial concern pre accounts submission it is an admission that allis not well

The accounts to June 2023 (which are due to be filed with companies house by March 2024) were published on the club’s website today.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8206/ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS-FY23.html

3 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

The accounts to June 2023 (which are due to be filed with companies house by March 2024) were published on the club’s website today.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8206/ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS-FY23.html

This is a company annual report all above board and normal.

I referred to filed accounts at Companies House

Nowhere in the Annual report does it say that these are the company accounts due to be filed in March.

Company financial accounts are a different article from a Company's annual report, assets, Directors loans, costs and liabilities etc etc which all reflect tax liabilities and profit and loss where applicable are all found in the filed company accounts at Companies House.

All and any Companies publish Annual reports for shareholders. I could have easily written one for my company if I had loads of shareholders, but I submitted my books to the accountants who then filed for me. 

annual reports provide a comprehensive narrative of the company's journey, financial statements offer timely and specific financial data for in-depth analysis and decision-making.

Anyway who cares.

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is a company annual report all above board and normal.

I referred to filed accounts at Companies House

Nowhere in the Annual report does it say that these are the company accounts due to be filed in March.

Company financial accounts are a different article from a Company's annual report, assets, Directors loans, costs and liabilities etc etc which all reflect tax liabilities and profit and loss where applicable are all found in the filed company accounts at Companies House.

All and any Companies publish Annual reports for shareholders. I could have easily written one for my company if I had loads of shareholders, but I submitted my books to the accountants who then filed for me. 

annual reports provide a comprehensive narrative of the company's journey, financial statements offer timely and specific financial data for in-depth analysis and decision-making.

Anyway who cares.

There is a link in the bottom of that article to the audited annual accounts.  These will be filed at Companies House over the next 6 weeks or so

55 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

We had form?

We were winning, but a lot was not easy on the eye and like any club, forums know better so fans knew we would come a cropper  😉

m8 look at us at Ayr we are crap and back to square one two years ago same position and we have kelty hearts in the cup can't wait to see what happens if they beat us