Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

We have been terrible for a long time. I know Arbroath have their own issues with injuries but they seem to have a bit more about them from what I’ve seen this season. We have nothing. 

Who knows if Bullen will still be in charge by the time this rolls around so it could change my opinion but at this point it’s a home win and we will be bottom. If Bullen is still here then and we do lose it has to be the end of him

13 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

If we get 2 or 3 key players back then we might make a game of it. Right now we’re absolutely running on empty. Fringe players out of position all over the park.

You probably don’t need them if I’m honest 

Do we have to? This will be a real shame game of a contest.

I normally enjoy a trip to Arboath, the steak and black pudding pie is usually worth it on its own. However, I'll no be going this time.

Edited by Trogdor

With Ayr's current form there is some potential for this to be worse than the 4-0 scudding Hopkin (shudder) oversaw.

Our defence certainly do love to gift teams goals at the moment.

Edited by Oceanlineayr
spelling

3 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

With Ayr's current form there is some potential for this to be worse than the 4-0 scudding Hopkin (shudder) oversaw.

Our defense certainly do love to gift teams goals at the moment.

You have a defence?  Well you're one up on us already!

Looking in from the outside - at least Arbroath can see a clear reason why they're struggling. An injury-ravaged club with a squad so paper-thin that they have a sub keeper playing outfront, can at least point to a specific cause and maybe get chance to resolve it before the season's a completely lost cause. Just look at what a mostly fit & available squad has finally done for us over recent weeks.

But Ayr? I've no idea. Last week at Cappielow, I watched us play a completely demoralised set of opponents, devoid of ideas, spirit, inspiration and seemingly lacking any will to win. Once that fighting spirit's gone and your players heads are permanently down - you're dead in the water. And as history has proved countless times - a change in management is the only realistic way to fix it. It's no magic bullet (I'm looking at you, Dunc) but something drastic has to take place at Somerset.

Just my 2p.

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

Looking in from the outside - at least Arbroath can see a clear reason why they're struggling. An injury-ravaged club with a squad so paper-thin that they have a sub keeper playing outfront, can at least point to a specific cause and maybe get chance to resolve it before the season's a completely lost cause. Just look at what a mostly fit & available squad has finally done for us over recent weeks.

But Ayr? I've no idea. Last week at Cappielow, I watched us play a completely demoralised set of opponents, devoid of ideas, spirit, inspiration and seemingly lacking any will to win. Once that fighting spirit's gone and your players heads are permanently down - you're dead in the water. And as history has proved countless times - a change in management is the only realistic way to fix it. It's no magic bullet (I'm looking at you, Dunc) but something drastic has to take place at Somerset.

Just my 2p.

yeah and your manager doesn't have an assistant to help ave just went and ripped my season ticket up for Ayr enough is enough time for change