Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

Both teams in the gutters. One with a horrific injury crisis and the other one seemingly just plain shite.

Will be our first week where the manager can get players training together and not having to play midweek. also a chance for players to rest up and heal. But another week where we can hopefully bring in a player or too and maybe 1 or 2 back from injury.

Ayr have it in them to up their game so I am expecting a tough game for both sides..... But can also see one team completely folding and all hell breaking loose on the forum.

prediction.   2-1 home win. (if we manage to bolster our squad)

Arbroath win all day long. Arbroath have the fortitude to bring on a reserve keeper outfield and get a result. 

We could play both keepers in goal at the same time and still concede 2 goals. 

Ayr to put in the usual disorganised, shite bag performance.

Arbroath 3 Ayr United 0

There will be enough in the effort the Ayr players put in to chasing shadows to convince him that he is right to think we will come through this sticky( a year and counting) spell.  

10 hours ago, mugen_power said:

At this point, definitely "NOT"

Question is, which "OR" do we go with

I thought it was just True/False.  

I mean I'd rate it if he turned up with a mad moustache and every time Calum asked him something he was twiddling it saying true or false.  Would be an improvement on what we currently get. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Arbroath win all day long. Arbroath have the fortitude to bring on a reserve keeper outfield and get a result. 

We could play both keepers in goal at the same time and still concede 2 goals. 

Ayr to put in the usual disorganised, shite bag performance.

Arbroath 3 Ayr United 0

There will be enough in the effort the Ayr players put in to chasing shadows to convince him that he is right to think we will come through this sticky( a year and counting) spell.  

I said a few times over the last year or two that you guys give Bullen too tough a time of it but from the outside looking in it seems like he’s totally lost whatever it was he had.

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I said a few times over the last year or two that you guys give Bullen too tough a time of it but from the outside looking in it seems like he’s totally lost whatever it was he had.

Dipo Akinyemi 

Hate how much Ayr fans think we will win. Exactly the type of game Ayr will end up winning and even more hysteria from our fans to follow 🙈😂

im slightly confident of a win but all totally depends for us if we want to defend properly or not at all as has happen a few times this season 

51 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Hate how much Ayr fans think we will win. Exactly the type of game Ayr will end up winning and even more hysteria from our fans to follow 🙈😂

im slightly confident of a win but all totally depends for us if we want to defend properly or not at all as has happen a few times this season 

If we can get a couple of New signings in this week and 2-3 back from the treatment table and get folk back in there preferred positions I will also be confident of a home win 🇱🇻⚽🔥💪

There's  an awful lot of doomscrolling here, so lets join in!  

We are the walking wounded, I can't recall seeing anything like it, and the injuries have meant that we've had to play not fully fit players, resulting in those players picking up more serious injuries and joining the injury list.  The end result was Ali Adams outfield, and two absolute thumpings.  It can't be overstated just how poor we were on Saturday either.  It was properly dismal.  On that basis, its lunacy to think that Ayr are anything other than strong favourites.

However, we will have had a full week to rest and to try and build fitness and tactics, and hopefully we can get one or two players back.  At the very least, we will be able to get our new players integrated into the group.  That's the key thing we need right now, we need fit players playing in proper positions.  If we can get a couple more players fit, we might stand a chance.  However, I think this is realistically going to be one more week of ordeal before we start seeing some improvement.

There is some hope, because there is a good, well organised team there.  We just need to patch everyone up.  The worrying thing for me is that while this isnt a "must win" game (we won none of our must wins last season!), this is the sort of game we really could do with picking up points if we want to be safe...

Tldr: Doom.

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We are the walking wounded, I can't recall seeing anything like it, and the injuries have meant that we've had to play not fully fit players, resulting in those players picking up more serious injuries and joining the injury list.  The end result was Ali Adams outfield, and two absolute thumpings.  It can't be overstated just how poor we were on Saturday either.  It was properly dismal.  On that basis, its lunacy to think that Ayr are anything other than strong favourites.

However, we will have had a full week to rest and to try and build fitness and tactics, and hopefully we can get one or two players back.  At the very least, we will be able to get our new players integrated into the group.  That's the key thing we need right now, we need fit players playing in proper positions.  If we can get a couple more players fit, we might stand a chance.  However, I think this is realistically going to be one more week of ordeal before we start seeing some improvement.

There is some hope, because there is a good, well organised team there.  We just need to patch everyone up.  The worrying thing for me is that while this isnt a "must win" game (we won none of our must wins last season!), this is the sort of game we really could do with picking up points if we want to be safe...

There definitely isn’t a basis for an Ayr team with one win in ten to be strong favourites. At absolute best you could maybe say slight favourites given the Arbroath injuries, but that is a push too! 

Do you think you will have new players in on time? 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There definitely isn’t a basis for an Ayr team with one win in ten to be strong favourites. At absolute best you could maybe say slight favourites given the Arbroath injuries, but that is a push too! 

Do you think you will have new players in on time? 

If I've counted correctly, we have 1 win in 13.  Looks like we've got ourselves a good ol' fashioned shite off!

As for new signings, well so far we've signed two.  A winger who hadn't played since November and ran himself lame in his first game, and a full back who hadn't played since November and got dropped into the team without so much as a training session, and looked exactly like a player who got dropped into the team without so much as a training session.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

+ a sprinkling on Adeloye in the first season? Or had his form dipped by the time Bullen arrived anyway? 

Bullen dropped him after signing Sam Ashford, Dropped O'Conner, our only winger and put a forward out wide right. we lost most games. He reintroduced them both in the last 3 games and we should have beat Dunfermline, Adeloye was head and shoulders above everyone, we drew with QOTS to relegate them and then beat Thistle on the last day to avoid the play-offs. 

58 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Ayr play better when the other team go for it and leave gaps at the back. With your injury crisis it doesn't sound like you are there. Likewise a team up for a scrap tends to end up causing us problems. Never an easy venue to visit for a number of reasons and i expect that to continue this weekend