Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

Putting a sub keeper up front is genuinely a better substitution than Bullen makes most weeks even if he doesn't score a 30-yard screamer.

Anyway, this will be 4-0 to the home side. The visiting manager thinks that his team only starts playing when they're 2 down, so will let that happen and then fail to fix it.

The tombola strikes again as our best player last week is dropped to the bench and Rose comes back in for some reason.

So clear that Bullen is chucking everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Reckon he'll go if we lose here 

This week’s tombola of desperation returns Rose and Syla to the starting lineup, with our best midfielder from last week dropping out.  

Who knows?  Think Ahui is maybe a wee bit hard done by too as we know McAllister is at least as pish but with less pace,

I honestly can’t see us losing this. But only because I’m not going. #terriblefan. 

On 07/01/2024 at 19:29, Chippyminton said:

Looking in from the outside - at least Arbroath can see a clear reason why they're struggling. An injury-ravaged club with a squad so paper-thin that they have a sub keeper playing outfront, can at least point to a specific cause and maybe get chance to resolve it before the season's a completely lost cause. Just look at what a mostly fit & available squad has finally done for us over recent weeks.

But Ayr? I've no idea. Last week at Cappielow, I watched us play a completely demoralised set of opponents, devoid of ideas, spirit, inspiration and seemingly lacking any will to win. Once that fighting spirit's gone and your players heads are permanently down - you're dead in the water. And as history has proved countless times - a change in management is the only realistic way to fix it. It's no magic bullet (I'm looking at you, Dunc) but something drastic has to take place at Somerset.

Just my 2p.

Piss off with your factually correct common sense balanced brilliant post pish. Nobody wants to hear it, especially Lee Bullen and David Smith. I’m not crying, you are. Also, where do we send the change for your 2p? Nugget (gid post). 

Throwing jelly at the wall aside, I do actually think that looks a better balanced team than last weeks nonsense of one up front with Paul Smith playing as a number 10.  Rose is poor, but he might do a wee bit better playing around an actual recognised forward.