⚫️⚪️ Pars v Diamonds 🟣🟣

Don’t think there’s a thread yet

I know Airdrie are on good form, I know Dunfermline are on rotten form and I know Dunfermline have barely a starting line up worth of fit players…… but we never seem to win this game, not even when we’re 3 nil up at home and the Pars’ young team has stormed out to the car park in the huff!!!! 

Big game for both sides if either really wants to make a run for 4th place.

Hoping to break the hoodoo. 

Could go one of two ways here. As it stands, I’d put the house on an away win. However, taking away out injuries which is playing a huge part, the team was still pretty poor against Raith on 2nd Jan and then against Queens Park on Friday. Friday was the first time McPake hasn’t really credited them for their effort and I reckon a few words were had which might have a positive impact.

Option 1) - Airdrie rock up full of confidence, Pars still without a large number of regular starters and Airdrie take the points.

Option 2) - the boys have a rocket fitted firmly up their arse, we get a couple of signings in this week, one or two return from injury and we go out and get a very much needed win.

Until I see some movement I think option 1 is most likely.

No idea the seriousness of Comrie or Jakubiak’s injuries that forced them off on Friday. I think we’ll know more about the results of Bene, Breen and Todd’s scans this week. Fisher, KRH, Tod will definitely miss out.

FWIW I think Todd could be out for the majority of the remainder of the season if rumblings are true. Bene sounded positive when doing the BBC half time stuff on Friday but again we’ll need to get his scan results. Breen is always getting injured anyway so if he’s back well enjoy the 45-60 minutes until he’s off again.

Hopefully Otoo able to come back and I think McPake expected Lewis McCann to make the squad for this one.

Summers & Wighton both looked done on Friday but hopefully they will be okay.

Looking forward to it!

Edited by The Toun Clock

9 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Dunfermline could have a full youth team out and I still wouldn’t be confident.

Surely this time

Yeah, we couldn’t beat them when 3-0 up and when they had nine men so not confident for Saturday. They could play a back three of Jim Leishman, James McPake and Sammy the Tammy and I’d still have the fear!

Edited by Mr November

Grateful that I have other plans and will not have to endure watching us this weekend.

Airdrie have the worst away record in the division and we’ve had an excellent record against them under McPake. Will that be enough to overcome our injury nightmare and current poor form?

Lose this and we’re seven adrift of the Top 4 and really starting to look over our shoulders with increasing concern.

Tough call on this one, on paper we should be confident but feel Dunfermline always have a bit of an edge at home and they may be motivated by thought of losing grip on the top half if they lose.  Earlier poster said it best, wait until the end of the week to see what’s happening with the Pars squad.   I’d take a solid point, all 3 and I’ll be buzzing no matter how many reserves they have to field to get a starting 11.  I’m just hoping I don’t get ma heid kicked in after the game 😋

I'd be happy risking three points here by continuing to blood academy players if it means some of the injured senior players get recovery time. Cannot continue to ask players to play if not fit or if injured. 

Me and the daughter heading through to Dunfermline for the second time this season (its confirmed as her 2nd favourite away stadium, so wear that badge of honour Pars!) hoping for a better result this time obviously.

Dunfermlines injury worries concern me, we've seen it loads of times over the years, teams rock up, half crocked and conjure up a result that eases a bit of pressure on recent results. Fingers crossed anyway and as long as its dry.

I'll be parking on Garvock Hill if anyone fancies 'aving it.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

its confirmed as her 2nd favourite away stadium, so wear that badge of honour Pars!

Excellent!

Just adds to The Telegraph naming Dunfermline as the best city in the UK...

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Me and the daughter heading through to Dunfermline for the second time this season (its confirmed as her 2nd favourite away stadium, so wear that badge of honour Pars!) hoping for a better result this time obviously.

Dunfermlines injury worries concern me, we've seen it loads of times over the years, teams rock up, half crocked and conjure up a result that eases a bit of pressure on recent results. Fingers crossed anyway and as long as its dry.

I'll be parking on Garvock Hill if anyone fancies 'aving it.

Take my normal parking spot and you’ll be getting it.

Hope your daughter enjoys her day apart from the result, although I firmly believe she’ll be enjoying that too.  We’re rotten right now.  

Going to clear out the bookies with an away win firmly on the cards. 

Strange how these things change, for years we never seemed to beat Airdrie and now it's turned on its head  

Genuinely hope this gets called off. Don't think it is to be too bad come Friday/Saturday, however. Assuming Comrie and the others are still crocked, we'll only really have Hamilton, who is a midfielder, that can play centre half. If Comrie and Otto can come back in it at least gives us some hope, but you are then relying on dummies like Wighton and MOH actually performing. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Genuinely hope this gets called off. Don't think it is to be too bad come Friday/Saturday, however. Assuming Comrie and the others are still crocked, we'll only really have Hamilton, who is a midfielder, that can play centre half. If Comrie and Otto can come back in it at least gives us some hope, but you are then relying on dummies like Wighton and MOH actually performing. 

I certainly wouldn’t be expecting the club to be turning on undersoil heating.  If the next two home games are postponed it’s not exactly a disaster let’s be honest.

In other news rumours are our first transfer window signing will be the Dundee groundsman….