⚫️⚪️ Pars v Diamonds 🟣🟣

Really liked big Todorov and wanted to keep him.

Got chatting to him a wee bit as our kids went to the same toddlers football class on Saturday morning at Carneige so I'd usually get a wee blether with him before the game. The day we beat Falkirk at TFS in November, I asked him if he was ready and he replied in the most bond villain type voice "Always ready" 🤣.

I'd say zero change he gets a bad reception, in fact he will probably get a good reception, I think most were quite fond of him. However, over the years we've always had ex players coming back now playing for the opposition, and even if they left on good terms, there's always some idiot that boos. Especially if we're a goal down or something, some people's brains go to mush. Big man will score tomorrow.

Can't see him being booed. He and O'Hara were at the St Pauli game after they'd left and joined new clubs and were introduced to the crowd pre-match and got a decent reception so unless he scores (possible) or injures one of our players (probable) then he'll be fine!

44 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Got chatting to him a wee bit as our kids went to the same toddlers football class on Saturday morning at Carneige so I'd usually get a wee blether with him before the game. The day we beat Falkirk at TFS in November, I asked him if he was ready and he replied in the most bond villain type voice "Always ready" 🤣.

I'd say zero change he gets a bad reception, in fact he will probably get a good reception, I think most were quite fond of him. However, over the years we've always had ex players coming back now playing for the opposition, and even if they left on good terms, there's always some idiot that boos. Especially if we're a goal down or something, some people's brains go to mush. Big man will score tomorrow.

Craig Brewster got a few boos when he played against us for Ross County, absolutely wild. 

Don't mind the pantomime boos for players that left because they wanted to but I think Todorov wanted to stay and just seems like a lovely big bloke. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Can't see him being booed. He and O'Hara were at the St Pauli game after they'd left and joined new clubs and were introduced to the crowd pre-match and got a decent reception so unless he scores (possible) or injures one of our players (probable) then he'll be fine!

That's just because the selik fans had no idea who they were.

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Fair chilly oot side, it'd be awful if the pitch froze... 

Clouds to roll in and keep the temperature above freezing so should be on, unless the ground man have been out with their hoses 😅

8 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I love when foreign players atart to pick up a Scottish accent. Toddy is half Sofia and half Saltcoats these days. Definitely a touch of the Bond villain about him and I’d be delighted if he’s the villain of the piece (from your perspective) tomorrow with the Pars Shaken and the Airdrie support Stirred

Diamonds are Forever etc. etc.

Todorov will score, it's a certainty. 

I feel like he isn't effective unless he comes off the bench, though. Can't remember too many games last season where he started and made any sort of impression. 

25 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Todorov will score, it's a certainty. 

I feel like he isn't effective unless he comes off the bench, though. Can't remember too many games last season where he started and made any sort of impression. 

3 goals in his last 3 starts so hopefully that continues. Ironically, for us he never does anything coming off the bench. Every time he’s scored, he’s been in from the start.

Get more banning orders ready for any wee dick that tries to boo Todorov tomorrow.

He was well liked at EEP and I think a significant percentage of Pars supporters would have been happy to see him still in a Pars shirt.

I do remember Brewster scoring against us for Ross County and getting clapped but I don’t expect the fans to go quite that far again…

We’ve done it. We’ve found a way to make the pitch unplayable, so we have time to get guys back from injury. Well done to all involved.

IMG_7361.jpeg

Edited by CallumPar

17 hours ago, 101 said:

Clouds to roll in and keep the temperature above freezing so should be on, unless the ground man have been out with their hoses 😅

Did you have inside info!? Pitch inspection at 10 due to “a large amount of water sitting on the pitch”