⚫️⚪️ Pars v Diamonds 🟣🟣

26 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

You’ll be down there with buckets!! 

On a more serious note, although it’s not a stipulation at this level, the Pars could go up in which case the USH could be massively helpful keeping some very big games on over the festive period. Cash flow is always going to be an issue for football clubs and rearranged fixtures are likely to reduce the crowd.

In short USH could be a big asset for a club. Obviously there needs to some sums done as to whether it costs more to run the system than what you would lose if the fixture changes to a midweek. If you have all that cost and the system fails anyway then it really feels like you should just switch the thing off and only consider a new one if you make it to the Premiership in future.

1. No chance we are going up

2. You get like £700k before the season starts in the top flight compared to £70k in this league so if the system is fucked then we could easily afford a repair.

I look forward to the SPFL investigation into "cold weather causes pipe to burst" the ITV drama department will be looking at this as the next big injustice.

1 minute ago, DiamomdsD said:

Pathetic. No need to even turn on any under soil heating given temperatures.

if Dunfermline can’t field a team it should be 3-0 and 3 points to the diamonds.

There's water in the pipes at all times. It's like a huge radiator. The system doesn't have to be on for it to leak. We would have to go to massive lengths to sabotage the pipes.

Just a huge coincidence with our injury problems. I get your frustration though. Was a massive chance for Airdrie picking up 3 points.

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

To be fair, on twitter, there's a lot of folk absolutely furious demanding investigations and tagging Spfl, SFA or whoever 😂.

On the subject of the call off, it is what it is, I think there may be one or two heads gone on here though .

Mainly wee guys and folk that require the instructions for shampoo, may I add

1 minute ago, A Diamond For Me said:

See if dinosaur clubs would just get with the programme and instal artificial surfaces like adults...

We had one years ago and clubs cried about it and made the league make us replace it (Dundee United were the main, tearful, offenders).

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I look forward to the SPFL investigation into "cold weather causes pipe to burst" the ITV drama department will be looking at this as the next big injustice.

I want casting suggestions.

That Northern Irish lad who's popular just now could play McPake. Bradley Cooper could play Joe Chalmers.

Just got in from walking the dog and watching fog rolling in over the west of the town , I had been jokingly wondering if the fog could have the game postponed! 

Got in the house to find that there has been flooding a couple of miles away.🤔

Meh, it's annoying - of course you want to play the teams around you when they're at their weakest, but this is winter in northern Europe.  Games just get called off sometimes.

We're obviously in nothing like the situation Dunfermline are in for players being out, but if by the time is fixture is played we have Megwa and/or Ballantyne back, maybe even Aiken available again as well, that won't be too bad for us.

1 minute ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Folk that greet about plastic pitches are about the most tedious people in football.

Duncan Ferguson the most recent offender. After we beat them at home he said that 3G pitches were a massive ‘unfair advantage’ and his players couldn’t deal with ‘the speed of the surface’

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

There's water in the pipes at all times. It's like a huge radiator. The system doesn't have to be on for it to leak. We would have to go to massive lengths to sabotage the pipes.

Just a huge coincidence with our injury problems. I get your frustration though. Was a massive chance for Airdrie picking up 3 points.

I think we can all agree that DAFC haven’t deliberately damaged an Under Soil Heating system to get today’s game off.

Alternatively, you could just have flooded a bit of the pitch with a hose, call it a “suspected failure” and it all turns out to have been a bit of a mystery a few days later…. Just saying 😂