⚫️⚪️ Pars v Diamonds 🟣🟣

1 minute ago, CapitalDiamond said:

A burst pipe in Under Soil Heating might, but That probably needs your pitch to be dug up to find and repair it and sounds expensive unless you,ve got good insurance in place.

I hope there is foul play, would be a good Nutmeg article in a few years time! 

No requirement for undersoil heating at this level, so we can just not turn it on and save a lot of money. As I say, I’m not sure why we even had it on for this one in the first place.

Also don’t think anyone outside of Airdrie fans would be remotely interested in your conspiracy theories about a Dunfermline v Airdrie game being postponed.

Our USH is obviously very dated and not fit for purpose, it’s failure has caused a few games to be off in recent years (including Falkirk at New Year last year). Think it’s time to either give up on it, or invest in a new one.

Just waiting for the pitch to pass the inspection after all this…

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

On a serious note, if your USH has failed is that a pitch dig up job? 

Eh if we want to repair it, but it's not a stipulation to have it, or use it at this level. You'd just isolate the water going to it and forget about it till the off season. 

Edited by HoBNob

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If this was done on purpose then there's no way to prove it. Any talk of an investigation is silly.

What's the KY11 equivalent of Mar-a-lago? Someone's got the proof...

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yep. I’ll be raging and demanding an investigation.

You’ll be down there with buckets!! 

On a more serious note, although it’s not a stipulation at this level, the Pars could go up in which case the USH could be massively helpful keeping some very big games on over the festive period. Cash flow is always going to be an issue for football clubs and rearranged fixtures are likely to reduce the crowd.

In short USH could be a big asset for a club. Obviously there needs to some sums done as to whether it costs more to run the system than what you would lose if the fixture changes to a midweek. If you have all that cost and the system fails anyway then it really feels like you should just switch the thing off and only consider a new one if you make it to the Premiership in future.

44 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We’ve done it. We’ve found a way to make the pitch unplayable, so we have time to get guys back from injury. Well done to all involved.

IMG_7361.jpeg

Here’s a picture of “a failure in the under soil heating system”

BF25093A-3DBB-4B24-B336-5179433AF988.thumb.jpeg.07e382e6e525c74d3d4e937fba3ca642.jpeg

I parked my car for 3 hours at 5pm last night and had to defrost it at 8pm. It was frosty here last night and the USH won't have been on for some time. 

Expensive to fix again and so likely will be decommissioned until close season at the least.

Maybe our fortunes are turning 

If it’s off, I would be interested to know how much water there is, and why there’s an assumption it won’t drain in the 5 hours between the inspection and kick off. Forecast is good and we haven’t had issues with our drainage, as far as I’m aware.

Not too fussed either way though, if I’m honest. 

Just now, cb_diamond said:

What's the KY11 equivalent of Mar-a-lago? Someone's got the proof...

We’re KY12. 

1 minute ago, CapitalDiamond said:

You’ll be down there with buckets!! 

On a more serious note, although it’s not a stipulation at this level, the Pars could go up in which case the USH could be massively helpful keeping some very big games on over the festive period. Cash flow is always going to be an issue for football clubs and rearranged fixtures are likely to reduce the crowd.

In short USH could be a big asset for a club. Obviously there needs to some sums done as to whether it costs more to run the system than what you would lose if the fixture changes to a midweek. If you have all that cost and the system fails anyway then it really feels like you should just switch the thing off and only consider a new one if you make it to the Premiership in future.

It’s a requirement in the top flight, I believe, so we’d need to fix it if we went up anyway. Wouldn’t be a choice. I’m sure our previous board were on record saying it was a 5 figure cost per match to use the system, because it is so dated. Think it uses oil or something, which has soared in cost since it was installed.