Motherwell FC v Aloha

7 minutes ago, well again said:

Is it play to a finish today or a possible replay?

Replays from the 4th round onwards were scrapped last season and I haven't seen anything saying they've brought them back so we'll play to a finish.

3 minutes ago, AdamMFC said:

Replays from the 4th round onwards were scrapped last season and I haven't seen anything saying they've brought them back so we'll play to a finish.

Been scrapped for a few years now in all rounds, can’t remember the last time there were replays in the Scottish Cup from 4th round onwards. Maybe like 2018/19?

10 minutes ago, AdamMFC said:

Cheers for that, sfa website is as much use as a chocolate fire guard . (No surprise)

Edited by well again

There was some cracking goals today.

Alloa were well organised and quite comfy on the ball but didn’t create anything of note.

We looked like we hadn’t played in a few weeks. Montgomery looks like he’ll do and it was great to see Lennon Miller playing again.

Job done and on to the next one. 

Nightmare start from the Wasps but a decent effort thereafter. We struggled to get on the ball and knit much together but the work rate and organisation was excellent. Sammon was a big call given he hasn't played much of late but what a goal from the big man, great header initially then link up with Steven before a beautiful finish. Would have been interesting had the Coulson header gone in early in the second half too. 

Dissapointing that the second and free kick for the third came from daft mistakes when the ball should just have been cleared. Wee lack of composure at times there. But it was a spirited effort and a good day out with a friendly welcome. Obviously big concern is loss through the game of two huge players in Hetherington and Taggart. Can only hope those aren't bad injuries as would seriously effect our prospects for the rest of the season. 

Good luck to Motherwell in the next round. 

Edited by Waspie

Thought Alloa looked very reasonable in the first half but in the end we ran out comfortable winners...had the penalty gone in I suspect we'd have got another one or two on top.

We made heavy weather of it for sure but so did everyone other than Killie so no real complaints.

57 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Nightmare start from the Wasps but a decent effort thereafter. We struggled to get on the ball and knit much together but the work rate and organisation was excellent. Sammon was a big call given he hasn't played much of late but what a goal from the big man, great header initially then link up with Steven before a beautiful finish. Would have been interesting had the Coulson header gone in early in the second half too. 

Dissapointing that the second and free kick for the third came from daft mistakes when the ball should just have been cleared. Wee lack of composure at times there. But it was a spirited effort and a good day out with a friendly welcome. Obviously big concern is loss through the game of two huge players in Hetherington and Taggart. Can only hope those aren't bad injuries as would seriously effect our prospects for the rest of the season. 

Good luck to Motherwell in the next round. 

Indeed. Let's hope they are both OK. I felt Stevie going off swung the game in 'Well's favour, he'd had an excellent first half. We didn't keep the ball as well when he went off and, of course, we lost that ball winning ability.

I felt everyone did their job today and, first half especially, it was a good team performance, but special mention to several players; PJ for his penalty save, a couple of other very good stops and coming for then catching the right balls, Morgyn Neill looked like player I thought we'd signed in the summer, Kurtis Roberts - where does he get that energy., and finally Sammo - big call to start him, but it proved the correct one, he caused their defence problems and took his goal really well.

Have to say I really enjoyed the game and the great backing from our fans. Motherwell were OK, but I probably expected more. Three top class finishes from them though.

Dissapointing if only to see taggs getting injured and Stevie H too , credit to Well who got the job done 

we have played better and worse  so no complaints really  cracking goals as well so no shame 

186 alloa fans  ?  aye right ,there were more than that 

Enjoyed the first half, especially Sammon's equaliser.

Well thoroughly deserved the win in the end, there was only one team in it throughout the 2nd half. It was a shame that the goals conceded were self inflicted, all excellent finishes mind you.

Can't complain with the effort put in from the team today, a decent day out.

Edited by Sixtyten

Hopefully this doesn’t come across as patronising but I thought the Motherwell 4 did really well, PJ Morrison saving a penalty at Fir Park, Neill was solid at the back, Hetherington was stroking the ball about in the first half (I assume he was injured) and Sammon’s goal was excellent (from your point of view).  A shame Devine wasn’t on show.

We we’re integrating folk into the team and letting the Stum Graz scout have a look at the return of Lennon Miller so happy to get through.

Edited by ropy

2 hours ago, printer said:

Indeed. Let's hope they are both OK. I felt Stevie going off swung the game in 'Well's favour, he'd had an excellent first half. We didn't keep the ball as well when he went off and, of course, we lost that ball winning ability.

I felt everyone did their job today and, first half especially, it was a good team performance, but special mention to several players; PJ for his penalty save, a couple of other very good stops and coming for then catching the right balls, Morgyn Neill looked like player I thought we'd signed in the summer, Kurtis Roberts - where does he get that energy., and finally Sammo - big call to start him, but it proved the correct one, he caused their defence problems and took his goal really well.

Have to say I really enjoyed the game and the great backing from our fans. Motherwell were OK, but I probably expected more. Three top class finishes from them though.

Not sure why you expected more ? We genuinely have the smallest squad in the top flight. The players playing today were pretty much the only ones available to us. We have one fit striker 🤷‍♂️.

Not Alloas fault and I get that even our paltry resources are still a higher level. 

Actually was very impressed with Alloa in the 1st half. They passed the ball well and for a while looked the better footballing side. Genuinely. Sammons goal was well taken but the defence was awful. In some ways I was surprised that Alloa did not cause us more problems after they scored. 

Job done. Decent support from Alloa. Best of luck for the rest of the season 👊.