Reform UK going from strength to strength.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Britain is dumber than i thought. I kind of knew how parochial it was and how mean spirited, but thought that was well enough served by the conservative party. 

Bunch of Spode c***s. 

is this a reference to the PG Wodehouse character, or is it some form of youngpeoplespeak?

Roderick Spode

image.webp.69684663575b916ce6353c1f830f183d.webp

If the Tories haven't sorted themselves out in time, there's a very good chance these c***s will skoosh the next local ections down south when the voting system will work for, rather than against them.

36 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If the Tories haven't sorted themselves out in time, there's a very good chance these c***s will skoosh the next local ections down south when the voting system will work for, rather than against them.

Farage will be the next Pm after starmer ,the only sorting out the tories will be doing is getting Nige in as leader at some point before the next general election 

43 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

is this a reference to the PG Wodehouse character, or is it some form of youngpeoplespeak?

Roderick Spode

image.webp.69684663575b916ce6353c1f830f183d.webp

I am not a young person. It was indeed the former.

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Boston and Skegness is not just the town of Skegness.  It is a large rural consituency.  Flat as a pancake.

"We don't care if it is a shithole.  Shit is good for growing stuff."

Boston and Skegness.jpg

image.thumb.png.d7882e082a081f245be860e2df5c0d01.pngAlso interesting they don’t want to acknowledge climate change. Voting for a party presumably against our net zero targets, I wonder if flood defences are an election issue yet

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

image.thumb.png.d7882e082a081f245be860e2df5c0d01.pngAlso interesting they don’t want to acknowledge climate change. Voting for a party presumably against our net zero targets, I wonder if flood defences are an election issue yet

Once you get rid of all the imergants, right, the country will be lighter and we'll just bob up in the sea.

Common sense, innit.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Farage will be the next Pm after starmer ,the only sorting out the tories will be doing is getting Nige in as leader at some point before the next general election 

I don't think Farage ever wants to be PM.  He might turn out to be another Truss.

Instead he can remain the worldly wise outsider who always has all the right answers but never needs to prove it.

Posted (edited)

I could see Farage joining the Tories if given Shadow Home Secretary job as long as it doesn't affect the Grifting too much, he would would only have to say Hang 'em, Flog 'em & Send 'em 'ome.

Edited by btb

3 minutes ago, btb said:

I could see Farage joining the Tories if given Shadow Home Secretary job as long as it doesn't affect the Grifting too much, he would would only have to say Hang 'em, Flog 'em & Send 'em 'ome.

Given the previous incumbents of that gig have included Boris Johnson and Liz Truss, the furriners might be impressed at his competence. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Given the previous incumbents of that gig have included Boris Johnson and Liz Truss, the furriners might be impressed at his competence. 

Suella Braverman twice & Priti Patel too, it's the sorta position that's been given to the bonkers end of the Tory Party in recent years.

Off Topic :offtopic - lovin' Grant Shapps current wiki entry!

Grant Shapps (born 14 September 1968) is a former British politician and not a good one.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If you've ever been to Thurrock you'll understand why.

It makes hell look inviting.

To adapt an old political comment: "If I owned Hell and Thurrock, I'd live in Hell and rent out Thurrock."

Do they still have that massive shopping centre in Thurrock, or did woke furriners and work-shy scroungers have it shut down?

It still baffles me that out of the 28.5m people who voted, that 4m people made what they thought was a logical and rational choice to vote for Reform.

While the numbers voting for these bampots up here was lower (7% rather than 14% in England) I am still amazed than anyone actually walks out the door and considers - let alone votes - for them.

41 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It still baffles me that out of the 28.5m people who voted, that 4m people made what they thought was a logical and rational choice to vote for Reform.

While the numbers voting for these bampots up here was lower (7% rather than 14% in England) I am still amazed than anyone actually walks out the door and considers - let alone votes - for them.

The reform leaflet we got through the door was quite softly softly in its messaging on one side. A picture of the candidate (some Perth bint) with lovely messages of a brighter future for our community, we will fight for you and your family etc etc.

The other side was effectively just Nigel Garage saying “darkies out” though.

7% is worryingly high but not surprising. Would be interesting to see age demographics on that.

Folk need to stop being surprised that the BNP/UKIP/Reform or any other quasi Nazi party are getting votes. The economy is utter shite and people's lives are generally worse. Add in the complete lack of community and sense of belonging and we have a large group of people with a whole lot of anger that's just waiting to be given form. 

Add to that a political elite that are increasingly out of touch and mendacious and we have a recipe for "f**k it, might as well give this lot a shot" voting. 

I'm frankly amazed it hasn't happened up here. I imagine it's because we have our own sense of nationhood that is apart from the Little Englander mentality of Farage and his ilk, but the decline of the SNP and the inertia of independence will see the same frustrations come to the surface in the near future.

It's a grey and rainy day in Aeberdeen

I wouldn't be surprised to see Reform doing a reverse takeover of the Tory party in the next parliament, but that could end up with it splitting into a smaller centre right party with the less deranged MPs, and a bigger right wing party with the likes of Jenrick, Patel, Braverman, Badenoch, etc.