Championship Sunday

lichtie23

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

No idea how we did that but f**k it we are going to Vegas. I better get the Monday off. 

One of the few real benefits of being constant nightshift and not starting until Monday night is being able to stay up until silly o'clock on a Sunday night. Beer and wings will be the order of the day.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Watch redzone most weeks so don't really hear that much of the co-commentators, but Greg Olsen is miles better than Romo.

I like Romo and usually find Olsen a bit irritating but he was okay last night.

I think if the lions had played like a “normal” team in the 2nd half and taken the points any time they were in FG range they’d have probably won. Instead, they went for every 4th down they could, which on top of a few very unlucky plays cost them the game.

But I suppose you could argue they wouldn’t have been up 17 if they weren’t playing Campbell’s DGAF style, so it probably balances out anyway.

I do think the 9ers are better placed to beat the Chiefs anyway, but ugh. Not sure I can even bring myself to watch those hillbilly scumbags win yet again.

Having caught up on this I'm still a bit bemused by the Lions not "taking the points", I'd assumed it was 2 chip shot field goals they'd turned down, not 46 and 48 yards. 

That kicker has a 50/50 hit rate over 45 yards, and Lions on 4th and short were 16/22 on the season, seems like going for it was the sensible play. 

If that defender catches the INT which rebounded off his grille then Lions probably win regardless.