Accies Vs Montrose

Got potential to be a difficult game here. Montrose haven't been on the best of run recently and haven't won any of their last 4 games in the league but have managed to get 3 draws and still sit in that 4th place. I am looking forward to this game after last week's game getting postponed. Be nice to get see some of the new signings here as well obviously Williamson is suspended here but I would expect Lyon (if he's signed by Saturday) Hastie and Kirk (and if there's anymore done by Saturday) to feature in this game. This could be a potential slip up as Montrose are a decent side but I am confident we will get a important win here Accies 3-0 Montrose. 

34 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Good point to extend our lead on Cove in the battle for second. 

Job well done Rankin 👏 

Never mind, you've got Queens up next ... and we all know how that ends ...

42 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Tait looks quality under a good coach, surrounded by good players and playing in front of more than 2 men and a dog. 

Fido was at the vet's today, worst crowd of season apparently. Glad Dylan got the move he wanted. It was clear when he tried to knock out the ref with the ball v Kelty that he was working against us. 

Another abysmal display today. Does Rankin know how to make 1 good sub? Those subs again where just embarrassing going to 3 center half's at home to Montrose is just embarrassing no Joe McGlynn again. Could see it coming as the game was going on. Rankin is not the answer and will never be got us relegated last season bottled the league this year and if he stays he will f**k the playoffs up as well in May for the second year in a row. There's no reason why Rankin should still be here unless it was down to finance reasons and if that is the case then he shouldn't be allowed to bring in anymore players under his tenure I would genuinely be cancelling ang players we were planning on bringing in this week and we should be getting rid of him at the end of the season when his contract is up. 

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

How are the Mo playing?

Pretty good. After they lost the goal, they kept plugging away and finally got their goal. I feared Hamilton were going to overrun us on the left wing which created the pressure that led to their goal.. However they seemed to lose their way after that. Dillon was superb this afternoon and Gill was none to shoddy either. He and the other defenders definitely kept us in the game, despite Dillon's trademark living dangerously pass backs, which stress me out never mind our goalie. Felt Lyons and Hester weren't getting the decisions when being rough-housed off the ball by the substantial Accies defenders. We seemed pretty toothless up front as a result. But credit to the team, including the subbies for keeping going. The Accies fans really tore into their team following the equaliser, which probably made the Mo's task of seeing the game out for a well-deserved point, easier. Hopefully Montrose can take encouragement from today and make it maximum points in their next game.

Edited by Brummo

5 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Another abysmal display today. Does Rankin know how to make 1 good sub? Those subs again where just embarrassing going to 3 center half's at home to Montrose is just embarrassing no Joe McGlynn again. Could see it coming as the game was going on. Rankin is not the answer and will never be got us relegated last season bottled the league this year and if he stays he will f**k the playoffs up as well in May for the second year in a row. There's no reason why Rankin should still be here unless it was down to finance reasons and if that is the case then he shouldn't be allowed to bring in anymore players under his tenure I would genuinely be cancelling ang players we were planning on bringing in this week and we should be getting rid of him at the end of the season when his contract is up. 

Rankin should have been sacked in Oct 22.  Horrendous manager and only morons like Strain think he is competent. As an aside have a club dropped as much as Accies in the time that a new DOF has been in place.

And very worryingly there were only 14 more at the game than there were at the Linlithgow game today.

Edited by FuzzyBear

5 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Is this an admission that the rumour has some substance………??  

13 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

if that is the case then he shouldn't be allowed to bring in anymore players under his tenure I would genuinely be cancelling ang players we were planning on bringing in this week 

You think that pulling out of your deals to sign Morrison, Miller and Agyeman is going to help your efforts to get promoted?

6 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Is this an admission that the rumour has some substance………??  

No. What I was saying that would be the only valid reason I could think of on why he's still here

20 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Surely you wouldn't cancel the signings of Morrison, Miller and Agyeman. Give the man time he has after all assembled the best squad in the division