Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 24/01/2024 at 18:19, Richey Edwards said:

I am not allowed into the armed forces due to being diagnosed with a mental illness.

I wouldn't anyway. This country means nothing to me. No way would I fight for it.

I read this like a lyric from a The Smiths song.

ill be 41 in 3 years time. My knees are knackered now no way I’m getting selected 

Fight for a class of people , whose leader said, when faced with a genuine threat to the country (not this made up shite), “let the bodies pile high” .

I’ll pass. 

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

I would go to war as long it was with some mad dictator and I get to keep his 24 carat gold lavvie as spoils of war. In all seriousness if they called me up and there was no get yerself tae f**k option I'd skip out the country. 

Obviously in the event of a hypothetical WWIII the idea Britain would be fighting with a mass conscription force is a stretch and whatever dickhead general said this was doing some scaremongering to try and get more of a budget for the advanced technology which would actually decide such a war. It's also a war that would be lost rapidly what with all the aircraft carriers with no aircraft to defend them crashing into each other all the time.

Fairly sure I would be useless in terms of fitness if not medically exempt, also I fired a shotgun once and the recoil was hurting my shoulder for days so I somehow doubt I'd have much to offer, but if we ignore those issues and assume I was both eligible and capable then I struggle to think of a realistic scenario where I would willingly fight for this backwards far-right shitehole. Going to prison for conscientious objection, defecting to whoever we're fighting against dependent on how comparatively evil they are - I would not be fighting for Russia - or being part of a domestic resistance movement all seem less awful alternatives than dying for that jug-eared c**t or contributing to whatever monstrous aims Sunak or Starmer would go to war for.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously in the event of a hypothetical WWIII the idea Britain would be fighting with a mass conscription force is a stretch and whatever dickhead general said this was doing some scaremongering to try and get more of a budget for the advanced technology which would actually decide such a war. It's also a war that would be lost rapidly what with all the aircraft carriers with no aircraft to defend them crashing into each other all the time.

Fairly sure I would be useless in terms of fitness if not medically exempt, also I fired a shotgun once and the recoil was hurting my shoulder for days so I somehow doubt I'd have much to offer, but if we ignore those issues and assume I was both eligible and capable then I struggle to think of a realistic scenario where I would willingly fight for this backwards far-right shitehole. Going to prison for conscientious objection, defecting to whoever we're fighting against dependent on how comparatively evil they are - I would not be fighting for Russia - or being part of a domestic resistance movement all seem less awful alternatives than dying for that jug-eared c**t or contributing to whatever monstrous aims Sunak or Starmer would go to war for.

^^^^^

You could have condensed this to 'No, because I don't want to cut my hair'

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

^^^^^

You could have condensed this to 'No, because I don't want to cut my hair'

It is unavoidably the case that any army worth fighting in will have long hair and beards on display.

havanajanuary1959.thumb.jpg.bb84a8f8b459a714c97da1e653d1b251.jpg

Fun times when there's talk of conscription and being sent to the trenches in eastern Europe, which historically always ends well for everyone who gives it a bash. Still, at least that loony Corbyn didn't get in.

Hopefully the days of an uninformed public being propagandized into supporting wars based on lies are far behind us, so it's unlikely the population would accept any attempt from the mob in charge to drag us into it.

If we were invaded by a foreign force then I'm sure we'd all take up arms (golf clubs & hammers) to defend our families and property, but despite the EuRopE wIlL bE nExT stuff about Russia, there wont be a hostile force trying to swallow up the continent any time soon. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is unavoidably the case that any army worth fighting in will have long hair and beards on display.

To the right of the photo it's nice to see Callum Davidson took part in the Cuban Revolution 

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Meth riddled Johnny Depp in the foreground.