Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think I now realise now why I was barred from the Morton Forum.

You are not banned at all, you are free to post in the section of the forum that exists for opinions and comments like yours - The General Nonsense Forum.

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

I don't understand why any clubs do this, especially from a goal-kick. Teams will wise up to this - they press high and errors will happen.

3 hours ago, Mr Toon said:

It is the fashion of the moment with clubs determined not to put any hopeful long ball into the opposition's possession. [Snip]

What frustrates me our use of the tactic is that often we make reasonable progress only for the ball to end up back where it started and be shelled up the park.

The theory is sound and even at Scottish Championship level when you beat the press and have the whole pitch in front of you it opens up all sorts of opportunities. 

However... on the few occasions we do beat the press then we are so slow it totally negates the reasons for doing so. Worst example from yesterday was Chalmers (who else) receiving the ball, turning slowly then playing the ball behind Moffat rather than in front of him when he had about 50 yards of open grass ahead of him. It it any wonder I can't stand the useless waste of a wage?

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think I now realise now why I was barred from the Morton Forum. The abuse directed towards me was growing to an unacceptable level, so they took away the common denominator, or the source of the problem. I get that, and I can still go on ad read the threads without being able to contribute, which I suppose I brought on myself to an extent by my persistence in sticking by my original point. 
I must say though it’s a crying shame that it’s now the most sugar coated forum in Scotland. It’s less controversial than the Club’s official forum or the local newspaper.

Unfortunately they’ve turned into the Stepford Supporters!

Listen, for the last time (some chance), you didn't 'make a point'... you made up something utterly ridiculous - the suggestion that Imrie was picking a team according to an 'agenda', rather than on the basis of the team he thinks is most likely to win games.

Then, rather than accept that was bollocks in general and not borne out by the amount of young players who had been given an opportunity, you doubled down by claiming that it definitely had been a problem... but that Imrie had now, somehow, 'learned the error of his ways'.

You're persisting in a lie that you made up to cover your original nonsense; that's what folk can't stomach, not your precious 'opinion'.

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think I now realise now why I was barred from the Morton Forum. The abuse directed towards me was growing to an unacceptable level, so they took away the common denominator, or the source of the problem. I get that, and I can still go on ad read the threads without being able to contribute, which I suppose I brought on myself to an extent by my persistence in sticking by my original point. 
I must say though it’s a crying shame that it’s now the most sugar coated forum in Scotland. It’s less controversial than the Club’s official forum or the local newspaper.

You tell em fella. What the hell does everyone else know. Club should have you on the Board no question. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Takes something special for a team to win 5-0 away from home and it be one of their fans getting involved in  a Sunday rant 

Sorry PFL, if you look back you’ll see I was responding to abusive posts, not starting them. Also at 12pm I said I’ll stop and let people discuss the match. There seems to a magnetic agenda in place here that people simply can’t resist being drawn into. 

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

More like boke agenda if you ask me!

Stop digging an ever deepening hole for yourself. It really is becoming tedious. Best to stay silent for a wee while, then maybe come back and see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Sorry PFL, if you look back you’ll see I was responding to abusive posts, not starting them. Also at 12pm I said I’ll stop and let people discuss the match. There seems to a magnetic agenda in place here that people simply can’t resist being drawn into. 

Jesus wept…

People are actually trying to discuss the game… until you come crashing back in complaining about getting banned from a different forum!

Never thought I’d put another Morton supporter on ignore, but life really is too short…

7 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m glad that post was removed, although my hand was forced a bit by the cut & paste of my horrendous rant. 
I actually don’t care what Dougie wears or what he bets  on, especially with the hypocrisy of a league who have betting firms as sponsors. My only concern was our youth development programme. That has now been restored so I no longer have any concerns about Dougie or the club.

If I had a penny for every time DOT said something to the effect of "I regret that previous moment of madness", I'd be a billionaire!

4 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

But its acceptable to mention someone's addiction on a public forum?

Edited by Mr.Blue

I think I now realise now why I was barred from the Morton Forum. The abuse directed towards me was growing to an unacceptable level,  blah, blah, blah

Hilarious that you're getting a petted lip about so-called 'abuse' being directed towards you, after you posted a vile, expletive laden rant directed at the best manager we've had in decades. 

I told myself I wouldn’t rise to this, but again, you’ve reeled me in, against my better judgement.

As cappiecat told you, you haven’t in fact been banned from the Morton Forum- your posting has been restricted, and that may well be reviewed.

Personally, I was against restricting your posts for a couple of reasons- firstly, your main “crime” was the outburst against Imrie, which had already been dealt with. The only other one was the minor irritation of spamming the forum with nonsense, and while I’ve got no sympathy for you, I didn’t think it merited such restrictions, but it’s not my decision. Secondly, I predicted you’d be on here moaning about it and talking the forum down, which you have this week.

What did surprise me was that even the guys on here who have no time for the Morton Forum and its mods/regular posters, have no time for your carry on either. I expected it to be the perfect opportunity for them to stick the boot in, but you’ve really united the masses, well played.

What I will say though, is that some of the treatment you’ve had on here from one individual in particular- actively encouraging even Dunfermline fans to completely disregard you, and hammering you on this thread and the Morton thread, is pretty outrageous, and hypocrisy at it’s finest, given that the same person tagged myself, vt and Mr. Blue just before Christmas, accusing us of bullying you.

I admit that I spat the dummy with you, and called you some not very nice things I probably shouldn’t have, just like you’ll regret your own outburst at Imrie.

I’ll do him the courtesy of not naming him like he did me, but it won’t take a rocket scientist to work out who I’m talking about.

Parsforlife has it spot on though- this weekend should be one that we’re all absolutely buzzing, but again this minor episode has snowballed. At least if your posting wasn’t restricted across by, everyone’s (your) dirty washing wouldn’t be getting such a public airing.

Hope you, and my pal who I’ve not named, have had as lovely a weekend as I’ve had.

Another topic ruined by D.O.FECKIN.T... just feck off!

On the game yesterday btw,  does that stadium announcer not do your tits in Pars fans? Painful pre match but thankfully the exuberance poured out of him as the goals rained in...

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You seem to be unaware that magnets can both attract and repel. Ask yourself which is happening here - and, once you reach the only logical answer, ask yourself why that might be……...   AND THEN JUST STOP BLOODY DOING IT.

2 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

If I had a penny for every time DOT said something to the effect of "I regret that previous moment of madness", I'd be a billionaire!

Nah, you might have about 70 pence. And even that is about 68 pence too much…….    🙄

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I told myself I wouldn’t rise to this, but again, you’ve reeled me in, against my better judgement.

As cappiecat told you, you haven’t in fact been banned from the Morton Forum- your posting has been restricted, and that may well be reviewed.

Personally, I was against restricting your posts for a couple of reasons- firstly, your main “crime” was the outburst against Imrie, which had already been dealt with. The only other one was the minor irritation of spamming the forum with nonsense, and while I’ve got no sympathy for you, I didn’t think it merited such restrictions, but it’s not my decision. Secondly, I predicted you’d be on here moaning about it and talking the forum down, which you have this week.

What did surprise me was that even the guys on here who have no time for the Morton Forum and its mods/regular posters, have no time for your carry on either. I expected it to be the perfect opportunity for them to stick the boot in, but you’ve really united the masses, well played.

What I will say though, is that some of the treatment you’ve had on here from one individual in particular- actively encouraging even Dunfermline fans to completely disregard you, and hammering you on this thread and the Morton thread, is pretty outrageous, and hypocrisy at it’s finest, given that the same person tagged myself, vt and Mr. Blue just before Christmas, accusing us of bullying you.

I admit that I spat the dummy with you, and called you some not very nice things I probably shouldn’t have, just like you’ll regret your own outburst at Imrie.

I’ll do him the courtesy of not naming him like he did me, but it won’t take a rocket scientist to work out who I’m talking about.

Parsforlife has it spot on though- this weekend should be one that we’re all absolutely buzzing, but again this minor episode has snowballed. At least if your posting wasn’t restricted across by, everyone’s (your) dirty washing wouldn’t be getting such a public airing.

Hope you, and my pal who I’ve not named, have had as lovely a weekend as I’ve had.

Okay Toby, as always you’ve taken the time to address the issue in a balanced way, which I appreciate, given my misdemeanours.

Lately I’ve found it difficult not to respond to accusations of lying etc., but you’ve somehow managed to calm me down and realise I probably just need to let it go.

With Dougie and the Ton doing so well just now, I’ll try to just shut up for a while and attend the matches.

Thanks for your measured response.