Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Cant have escaped your notice how well Lewis MacGregor and Charlie Telfer played last night.

Telfer in particular looked like he couldnt be arsed when he was at Cappielow.

Couldn't give a toss in all honesty and didn't watch the game. 

26 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

No offence taken but youre offering the same/usual analysis of Morton as most pundits.

There's a bit more to us than just physicality!

Understandable point - but it's fairly obvious to me that parsboi's comment wasn't about the usual 'Morton thugs and hammerthrowers' shite. He was paying us a genuine compliment about our ability to get right stuck in there.

On 29/01/2024 at 08:48, Stellaboz said:

4 0 easy home win against Scotland's most bang average club.

Well well well don't you just look like a Fanny.

The boy playing at RB/RCB is comfortably the worst defender I’ve seen at this level, somehow worse than the boy Ahui who sadly departed Ayr. 
We couldn’t have started the game any better and I don’t think Mullen touched the ball for the first 15 mins. 
We could’ve got a couple more goals but can’t complain with the scoreline, everyone excellent but thought Power and Wilson in the middle were superb. 
It’s quite the turnaround compared to our last visit to EEP where we looked in a sorry state and somewhat in proper relegation trouble. Great to keep this run going and hopefully we can pull off a result at home to Motherwell on Friday. 

1 minute ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable point - but it's fairly obvious to me that parsboi's comment wasn't about the usual 'Morton thugs and hammerthrowers' shite. He was paying us a genuine compliment about our ability to get right stuck in there.

Yeh and I understand that but I (and hopefully YOU) am starting to see a sharp-edge developing ....which is why I'm so pleased young Garrity scored today.

43 minutes ago, parsboi said:

I’ll bet that wasn’t even the best you’ve played this season? 

Thankyou. TBH our boys have turned in some stellar performances over the last few months, several of which haven't been reflected in the scorelines. A lack of killer-instinct, ruthless finishing - but now well on the way to being fixed. Having an (almost) fully fit and available squad is probably the single most important factor in our turnaround. I know Pars have injury problems just now - but at the start of the season, we were at Arbroath-levels of barely being able to field a team. 5 x major surgeries on key players, and a run of horrific luck. Desperate for defenders for example, we took in Jack Harkness on loan from  Rangers. He immediately got injured in training and eventually returned to Glasgow without ever kicking a competitive baw for us. Result - bottom of the league, and lots of very worried supporters. Legend has it that our bench once consisted of an academy lad, Agnes the Cappielow cleaning lady, her pet Scottish Terrier (Angus) and a dustbin lid which someone had painted blue and white hoops on. Trust me - we feel your pain.

Edited by Chippyminton

15 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Legend has it that our bench once consisted of an academy lad, Agnes the Cappielow cleaning lady, her pet Scottish Terrier (Angus) and a dustbin lid whioch someone had painted blue and white hoops on. Trust me - we feel your pain.

W6fMmp.gif.80a9272b51a89e6cbd34fd69e0a4c986.gif

To say we were atrocious would be a massive understatement. 
 Chalmers was terrible, McCann was terrible, in fact MOH and Hamilton were the only ones who got a pass mark IMO. . 

Morton were excellent today all over the park, apart from the keeper who did absolutely nothing. Some turnaround from their last visit to EEP. The boy in the middle Alan Power is everything we aren't. Quality.

I'm lost for words at how pish we were and where we go from here. It's also really sad to see so many young fans after a game like that. I've witnessed a few pumpings at  home in my 40 odd years watching the Pars but that one was just about the worst I've ever seen. 

What a result. Thought we played well but Dunfermline were so poor. The boy at right back looked a weak link from kick off and that continued. Don't understand why Dunfermline continued to try and play out fro the back when it was apparent early on that it wasn't working.

Not a bad performance from us but Wilson and Crawford outstanding. Delighted with another 3 points and a clean sheet. 

Pars fans being very fair with their comments. I will say that if I was a home fan I'd be pissed off with the ref. Thought he was lenient at times with us but don't think it had much of an impact on the result.

Onto next week and Motherwell!

Our gaffer's take on today. Pretty direct and to the point as usual.

Subtle hint to Mr. McPake = Dougie's away to watch Motherwell vs. Ross County on Tuesday night. To suss them out and look for any weaknesses which his team can capitalise upon. He'll then pick what he considers to be the best starting XI for the job and set his gameplan & tactics accordingly, just as any switched-on manager should do - especially with a Friday-night BBC-televised cup game against Premier League opposition. If we play like we did today, I see no reason why we shouldn't put Motherwell to the sword. I'd like to think that a few Pars supporters will be rooting for us;

Edited by Chippyminton

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Morton were excellent today all over the park, The boy in the middle Alan Power is everything we aren't. Quality.

Take it back 2 months and this isn’t a comment I envisioned myself reading the turnaround from us has been phenomenal 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Take it back 2 months and this isn’t a comment I envisioned myself reading the turnaround from us has been phenomenal 

Absolutely. Pars supporters have been universally magnanimous in defeat. Fair play to the lot of yous. You're a credit to your club.

That was abysmal today but fair fucks to Morton, came and put their game plan on us, were physical, aggressive and thoroughly deserved the big win.

Calling for McPake’s head is wild but he has to change up the tactics. Why we persevere with the back five when it doesn’t actually work with current available personnel.

QP game next week is massive, go a goal down there and by f**k it’ll be poisonous. Minimum of six points from the next two games (home to QP & Arbroath).