Motherwell v Kilmarnock: The KVV Derby

Second time this season we travel to Motherwell having had Ndaba start the previous game but miss this trip. Last time I felt we should have fired in a like for like replacement and stuck with the system that had been working, but we changed shape. 

Be interesting to see who starts. Does Balagizi come in? Does Dennis take the gloves back, which would be harsh on O'Hara? Does Stewart come in for Vassell, who has now missed one-on-ones in our last three games, two of them having a massive impact on the outcome of the game?

Edited by deadasdillinger

I was really impressed by Killie in the first half of that early game but we changed things at half time and a draw would have been fair (a late winner is always welcome though). We've regressed since then though and are plagued by injuries so are relying on making some decent signings this week. This game will probably come too soon for them but we desperately need to change some of our draws into victories.

Feel like I could just cut and paste this again but would take a point...

Killie have been excellent, not only well positioned but seemingly getting stronger towards May rather than clinging on to what they've banked already.

We've steadied the ship somewhat but are still fragile as f**k and with clean sheets out the question you certainly wouldn't be betting on a home win.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Killie going well. Would take another point.

However, we are at home and always the chance of a new signing before the weekend that could come in and light up the last 20 minutes.

Alen Ozbolt come on down! 😆

We need a win in the next couple of games to kick start things.  Might as well start on Saturday.

On 28/01/2024 at 09:27, deadasdillinger said:

Second time this season we travel to Motherwell having had Ndaba start the previous game but miss this trip. Last time I felt we should have fired in a like for like replacement and stuck with the system that had been working, but we changed shape. 

Be interesting to see who starts. Does Balagizi come in? Does Dennis take the gloves back, which would be harsh on O'Hara? Does Stewart come in for Vassell, who has now missed one-on-ones in our last three games, two of them having a massive impact on the outcome of the game?

Even though Dennis has done well (and far better than most thought) I still don’t feel as if he is saving us every game or a huge stand out (not a Danny Bachman type). Due to this, and O’Hara being our own signed player, I wouldn’t mind seeing O’Hara continue in goals for the time being.

On 28/01/2024 at 10:20, Archie McSquackle said:

I was really impressed by Killie in the first half of that early game but we changed things at half time and a draw would have been fair (a late winner is always welcome though). We've regressed since then though and are plagued by injuries so are relying on making some decent signings this week. This game will probably come too soon for them but we desperately need to change some of our draws into victories.

We have a good few missing also

3 minutes ago, SeaCider said:

I think Vassell will most probably start, just hope he’s learned to shoot from a one-vs-one this week. 

If he shoots directly at Kelly he will save it, get someone to cross in from wide, that’s less predictable 

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

If he shoots directly at Kelly he will save it, get someone to cross in from wide, that’s less predictable 

Mind you, depends wether or not a certain Mr. van Veen returns to these shores in the next day or two. Don’t see it happening personally.

Edited by SeaCider

15 minutes ago, SeaCider said:

Mind you, depends wether or not a certain Mr. van Veen returns to these shores in the next day or two. Don’t see it happening personally.

The big Dutch weirdo is a grass man 

5 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

0-1 Killie. Van Veen winner. 

I'll be surprised if he makes the squad. He's obviously no gonna arrive until the mora. The dutch slaughtered his fitness anaw but I think the dutch manager was a helmet. 

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'll be surprised if he makes the squad. He's obviously no gonna arrive until the mora. The dutch slaughtered his fitness anaw but I think the dutch manager was a helmet. 

If I was them I'd have him on the bench...why not when you have 253 subs these days. If the game is 50-50 or Killie clinging on leave him there but if not the quickest way to match sharpness is matches.

You'd also assume that Killie, before signing a wage this alleged size, will have done some rudimentary fitness checks though maybe they're just copying us in that regard and thinking stuff it.