National Team Kit

38 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

That's not correct I'm afraid.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Have you evidence of that? Are you honestly saying that the manufacturer dictates exactly what our country wear? I find that incredible if true.

At my club the manufacturer provides different designs and it’s up to the club board (or sometimes fans) to chose. 

14 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Of course they do, they are an Adidas template.

Do you think all of these countries were presented multiple designs, and by coincidence all decided to pick the exact same one?

adidas-2024-european-national-team-kits%20%289%29.jpg

@Molotov is 100% correct, certainly as regards club deals anyway. Clubs are presented with a range of design artworks from within the manufacturer templates and select what design they most prefer. Or they can design their own. I'm involved in this.

I don't know what the specifics of the SFA Adidas deal are but there's almost certainly no chance they are told "here's your new kit, who can we have wear it for promotion?". At the very least they'll get input in the actual colours and design effects within the available range of style templates for it (which may be more limited). They almost certainly work directly with designers to do what they think best.

For what it's worth, our fans are currently choosing from a range of 3rd kit designs drawn by primary schoolkids around the region for next year. Shirt manufacturers can basically work to anything their asked to do. I assume Adidas have 2 or 3 international range templates they are currently working with but colours and design print (tartan / brush strokes, etc) within that are all fair game to change as you wish.

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

@Molotov is 100% correct, certainly as regards club deals anyway. Clubs are presented with a range of design artworks from within the manufacturer templates and select what design they most prefer. Or they can design their own. I'm involved in this.

I don't know what the specifics of the SFA Adidas deal are but there's almost certainly no chance they are told "here's your new kit, who can we have wear it for promotion?". At the very least they'll get input in the actual colours and design effects within the available range of style templates for it (which may be more limited). They almost certainly work directly with designers to do what they think best.

Strongly suspect that you are wrong.  Queen of the South getting to decide what off the shelf Joma template they want is not really the same as the big money kits from the large designers. When you are getting "bespoke" kits from Adidas, they'll be deciding what it is, and them alone.

All conjecture, so absolutey no point in me yapping about the topic tbh.

Edited by Jives Miguel

Don't mind the different patterns on the front but the yellow is horrid. I get that the template demands the wee flashes on the hip, but did they have to be so bright, so noticeable, so different from the rest of the kit? And the added "bonus" of the yellow on the shorts? Ghastly. At least the white shorts don't look quite so bad. 

The away? Very Meh for me. Don't like it, don't hate it. 

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't mind the different patterns on the front but the yellow is horrid. I get that the template demands the wee flashes on the hip, but did they have to be so bright, so noticeable, so different from the rest of the kit? And the added "bonus" of the yellow on the shorts? Ghastly. At least the white shorts don't look quite so bad. 

The away? Very Meh for me. Don't like it, don't hate it. 

I'd say the white shorts make it look significantly worse.  Just no relation to the rest of the design.

2 very poor kits imo, disappointing

44 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Strongly suspect that you are wrong.  Queen of the South getting to decide what off the shelf Joma template they want is not really the same as the big money kits from the large designers. When you are getting "bespoke" kits from Adidas, they'll be deciding what it is, and them alone.

All conjecture, so absolutey no point in me yapping about the topic tbh.

Well no it's not the same. But neither is it an off the shelf template (Macron incidentally). Even at our level we get to design our own actual bespoke kit. And that's not conjecture.

The difference with the Scotland contract is Adidas are paying the SFA an actually significant sum for the rights to make and sell the kit. That's different to a low level club deal where the club gets some free kit and maybe a small cash payment but then buys the replica kit to sell themselves. Principle's the same though and the contract will have some sort of SFA veto in it absolutely. To suggest only Adidas decide is silly to be honest. That's not even in Adidas interest to agree never mind anyone else.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no it's not the same. But neither is it an off the shelf template (Macron incidentally). Even at our level we get to design our own actual bespoke kit. And that's not conjecture.

The difference with the Scotland contract is Adidas are paying the SFA an actually significant sum for the rights to make and sell the kit. That's different to a low level club deal where the club gets some free kit and maybe a small cash payment but then buys the replica kit to sell themselves. Principle's the same though and the contract will have some sort of SFA veto in it absolutely. To suggest only Adidas decide is silly to be honest. That's not even in Adidas interest to agree never mind anyone else.

"Adidas are paying the SFA an actually significant sum for the rights to make and sell the kit". Exactly, this is why IMO it makes it significantly less likely that we they have any say in what's being put out. Adidas are paying the SFA to use their branding to sell on Adidas product. Why on Earth would one of the biggest fashion/clothing companies in the world  give a tinpot organisation like the Scottish or Hungarian football association any agency whatsoever in how their products look? 

Edited by Jives Miguel

12 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

"Adidas are paying the SFA an actually significant sum for the rights to make and sell the kit". Exactly, this is why IMO it makes it significantly less likely that we they have any say in what's being put out. Adidas are paying the SFA to use their branding to sell on Adidas product. Why on Earth would one of the biggest fashion/clothing companies in the world  give a tinpot organisation like the Scottish or Hungarian football association any agency whatsoever in how their products look? 

Because these things are a two way street. Its not in Adidas interest to piss off their clients either. Or their client's supporters (customers). They are never in a month of Sundays going to impose a kit against wishes. Yes, it probably has to fit within a template 'look' with the side panels as Adidas have this year, a standard collar, etc, but there will still be an element of choice and a veto for the SFA within the agreement. The exact colours and style of print will be within the SFA remit though.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because these things are a two way street. Its not in Adidas interest to piss off their clients either. Or their client's supporters (customers). They are never in a month of Sundays going to impose a kit against wishes. Yes, it probably has to fit within a template 'look' with the side panels as Adidas have this year, a standard collar, etc, but there will still be an element of choice and a veto for the SFA within the agreement. The exact colours and style of print will be within the SFA remit though.

I think you are overestimating the associations hand greatly here. This is ultimately a mass marketed fashion product. There is not a chance a company of this size is letting anyone have anything approaching a decisive sway in how they look.

Ultimately neither of us know, so lets leave it there and stop boring people.

2 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I think you are overestimating the associations hand greatly here. This is ultimately a mass marketed fashion product. There is not a chance a company of this size is letting anyone have anything approaching a decisive sway in how they look.

Ultimately neither of us know, so lets leave it there and stop boring people.

Well ultimately one of us has significant dealings with various kit manufacturers and one of us apparently doesn't. Happy to leave it there though.