National Team Kit

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

I accept your concession.

3 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Even for this subforum, I've never seen so many terrible opinions posted in one place. Belter of a top.

The 1994 - Euro 96 tartan kit got the same amount of abuse from memory. I reckon it's a cool kit. Modern design but as stated above will be a classic in 30 years. 

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Quite possibly, who really knows. 

You initially made out that you knew 100% that Adidas just told Scotland what we were wearing.

Beep beep reverse gear engaged? 😂 

8 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

The 1994 - Euro 96 tartan kit got the same amount of abuse from memory. I reckon it's a cool kit. Modern design but as stated above will be a classic in 30 years. 

1996 Euro was a smart looking kit. 

Let’s compare this image when we face Germany this summer. 

IMG_8050.thumb.jpeg.91d340756b5a6b58a66b00e39cea170e.jpeg

Might also be worth comparing which players from 1996 would make the squad for 2024 if they were playing today? 

I think I will give these new shirts a miss and take the 1990 home and 1992 away for my trip to Germany. 

That said, I might buy the 150 Anniversary shirt from DH Gate. Can anyone that has used them before tell me what the sizing is like?

I am usually a size large, 42-44. Would it be better going a size up or are they true to size?

29 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I think I will give these new shirts a miss and take the 1990 home and 1992 away for my trip to Germany. 

That said, I might buy the 150 Anniversary shirt from DH Gate. Can anyone that has used them before tell me what the sizing is like?

I am usually a size large, 42-44. Would it be better going a size up or are they true to size?

I got a large and I'm a size down from that so maybe go for XL. 

When I see them asking £75 for the new kit the £16 I spent on it looks better and better. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I got a large and I'm a size down from that so maybe go for XL. 

When I see them asking £75 for the new kit the £16 I spent on it looks better and better. 

Cheers mate. I will put my order in for an XL. 

For the princely sum of £11.21 with free shipping. 

Edited by qos_75

Having seen the official launch pics I think it’s howffing bowffing tbh

I’ll trek down to jd in Elgin today see if that can change my opinion

At least they’ve had the decency to make the away kit even worse jeezoh 

Hopefully the only own goal scored in the next few months

Edited by MarkoP

11 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Go for an XL. Same size as myself and that's what I'm wearing

11 hours ago, andyg83 said:

Agreed.

The Euro-96 kit is so different to the classic Scotland kits that I'd be surprised if it didn't get panned by the majority at the time - it's always like that. Our new kit will be at least memorable because it will be associated with Euro-2024. If we get out of the groups or beat Germany in it then that'll move it towards classic territory. 

25 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Agreed.

The Euro-96 kit is so different to the classic Scotland kits that I'd be surprised if it didn't get panned by the majority at the time - it's always like that. Our new kit will be at least memorable because it will be associated with Euro-2024. If we get out of the groups or beat Germany in it then that'll move it towards classic territory. 

I do get what you mean, but I can’t remember a top being quite so universally disliked as this one. 

A more out there style top generally has a more even split, but you are only seeing the very odd person that likes it. 

It's a perspective thing. All we are seeing is close up images of the pattern and for some reason a lot of the shots look washed out making it appear dull. 

On a player from in real life with numbers on it the kit will probably look a lot better and appear navy blue. The detailed pattern will not be as in your face either.

I'm a big advocate of having a simple classic scotland shirt, plain navy white collar very little fuss. That said sometimes you've got to say what the f**k and do something different. 

My days of wearing football shirts are pretty much done but my teenage daughter thinks it's brilliant. 

I do think the away kit is a grower though. 

12 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

There is absolutely nothing about that top that will make it a classic in thirty years.

Unless we win the Euros, of course.  

If we win a game it will be considered a classic.

13 hours ago, Molotov said:

1996 Euro was a smart looking kit. 

Let’s compare this image when we face Germany this summer. 

IMG_8050.thumb.jpeg.91d340756b5a6b58a66b00e39cea170e.jpeg

Might also be worth comparing which players from 1996 would make the squad for 2024 if they were playing today? 

None of them.  Even if by some miracle they were still playing they'd be far too old to compete at that level.  Honk honk honk. 

I think the tartan-type pattern on the home kit is okay, but I'm not a fan of the yellow flashes on it. 

I am a bit old for wearing a football shirt so leave that to others.  Added to that I had a stroke on New Year's eve and the upside of it, I have been of a healthy eating plan and have lost 2 1/2 stone already, so no idea what a DH Gate sizing to get as I don't know what size I will be when I go to Germany in June! 🤣

But I have wondered how Scotland seemed to have picked 2 strips that come from templates and are not liked by the majority, yet Belguim (who have never won anything) get to pick unusual kits (not for the first time).

Yes they are higher ranked  nation and a bigger country but I can only assume it has something to do with the SFA contract and Adidas...or somebody from the SFA has no taste,  is having a laugh or is colourblind.

Belgium Euro 2024 Away Kit Leaked (1).jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army