National Team Kit

The Adidas designers' aim is as much to stimulate the maximum number of purchases over a 3-4 kit cycle as it is to design a 'classic kit' every time. One way of doing this is via rotating between plain designs and more intricate, 'out there' ones.

10 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

That's not correct I'm afraid.

Have you evidence of that? Are you honestly saying that the manufacturer dictates exactly what our country wear? I find that incredible if true.

At my club the manufacturer provides different designs and it’s up to the club board (or sometimes fans) to chose. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Adidas designers' aim is as much to stimulate the maximum number of purchases over a 3-4 kit cycle as it is to design a 'classic kit' every time. One way of doing this is via rotating between plain designs and more intricate, 'out there' ones.

Ah, I get it now.  Thanks for pointing that out.  "We need to make this strip really terrible so that we do not need to put much thought and effort into the next one as loads will buy it thinking well the last one was shite so I will buy this one"

Home is awful. Might have been marginally better without the stupid yellow stripes. But it’s up there with the stupid tartan + white kit (the Griffiths free kick one) as the worst in recent memory.

Away is boring but relatively inoffensive at least.

Adidas are getting away with murder here - the same 1 or 2 templates for every team at the Euros. Pishy templates should be reserved for Sunday league teams.

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Have you evidence of that? Are you honestly saying that the manufacturer dictates exactly what our country wear? I find that incredible if true.

At my club the manufacturer provides different designs and it’s up to the club board (or sometimes fans) to chose. 

Of course they do, they are an Adidas template.

Do you think all of these countries were presented multiple designs, and by coincidence all decided to pick the exact same one?

adidas-2024-european-national-team-kits%20%289%29.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Of course they do, they are an Adidas template.

Do you think all of these countries were presented multiple designs, and by coincidence all decided to pick the exact same one?

adidas-2024-european-national-team-kits%20%289%29.jpg

Change kit looks like pale blue in that pic yet is white in the official pics.

33 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I actually asked  somebody at County why we got Macron to make us such ghastly kits while Motherwell got, for the most part classy retro, despite having essentially the same agreement.   Seemingly Motherwell specifically asked for kits that were retro chic, whereas County specifically asked for “challenging” because they felt they sold better.   To cut a long shit shirt story short, that policy lumbered us with an unusable away kit so we now have to use last season’s,

I have absolutely no doubt that the SFA have asked for a modern version and been lumbered with what might be the worst Scotland home kit in the last 40 years. 

What Scotland fans need to do is pull a Morton and not buy it. They’ll change it for us.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

I don't mind the home, especially with the white shorts 

jd_702660_a.jpeg

But the away is horrific and needs to get right to f**k

jd_702664_b.jpeg

The home looks like a Citylink seat cover.