Relegation thread - who's going down?

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's certainly a last chance situation and after getting thumped on our last visit, I'm still on edge. Will there be a cash gate for the away fans like me who remains stubbornly non digital! 

Not a chance in hell of a cash gate.

12 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's certainly a last chance situation and after getting thumped on our last visit, I'm still on edge. Will there be a cash gate for the away fans like me who remains stubbornly non digital! 

“Stubbornly non-digital” is an interesting self-categorisation for someone who has racked up thousands of posts on an online football forum.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

“Stubbornly non-digital” is an interesting self-categorisation for someone who has racked up thousands of posts on an online football forum.

That's a fair point and maybe I should have been more careful indeed. It's mainly the need to buy phone tickets and I can't seem to get it to work! 

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No chance

59 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I presume you mean for Arbroath to avoid 10th place but it's a funny old game? Realistically however, you're right. 

There is more chance of us surviving, than there being a cash gate

On 31/03/2024 at 13:53, Sir Tarmo said:

We are doomed to 9th and League One. 

Still a chance to avoid 9th, however, the next two games are clearly critical. 

How poor are Caley compared to last season? Looking at your squad, there should be enough to stay up. Are Gilmour and Longstaff injured? Where's Austin Samuels, thought with his pace he'd be a shoe-in and grab a fair share of goals at that level.

Looks like it will be either us or Mo you will face in the semis. IF it's us, our defence is made of glass, somehow even worse than last season. Montrose would likely give you a better game. Likely to be Accies or Alloa to beat to retain Championship status.

Accies have shown in spells this season to be a very capable L1 side and will naturally be most likely from L1 to go up.

And that's Arbroath locked into 7th (and, in reality, 8th) or worse with the loss to Airdrie. They could theoretically draw level with Ayr, but they're "unlikely" to close the 26 GD gap. Effectively, everyone but Queen's, ICT and Arbroath are now clear of the trapdoor...and Queen's and ICT are (justifiably) much more worried about 9th. A win by ICT this weekend would effectively relegate Arbroath, with their winning out total only allowing them to catch the ICT side that would then be at least 36 goals ahead of them.

This weekend had Airdrie able to put some distancer between them and Morton, or even watch Morton pass them...the Pars needing a win to worry Partick a bit, while Partick can probably secure 3rd with a win...Queen's Park able to secure at least 9th with a win, and really amp up the pressure on ICT, while DU need to win to at least keep, if not increase, the gap on Raith...and Raith needing a win to try to stay in touch of DU, while Ayr look to get points to avoid any threat of 9th.

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

C'mon Arbroath, give it one final thrust!

If Arbroath avoided the drop at the expenses of Caley it would be scenes on par with Morton 04 or Falkirk at any point since 2019.

Arbroath effectively need 3 wins and a draw just to overtake Caley, and that would mean ICT not winning their remaining fixtures (which on paper are horrendous), considering they play ICT on Saturday a defeat would all but relegate Arbroath.

On 25/02/2024 at 20:34, Highlandmagar said:

Airdrie are beginning to stink of a relegation side

On 25/02/2024 at 20:42, D'Jaffo said:

I called it weeks ago that they would start to drop off. They’re a soft side with no real goal threat. Still think Arbroath will finish bottom and whoever finishes 9th will stay up. 

Ach, we all get it wrong at times!

In fairness to @D'Jaffo I can understand why Ayr fans thought that way.

14 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Ach, we all get it wrong at times!

In fairness to @D'Jaffo I can understand why Ayr fans thought that way.

Airdrie are by some distance the worst side we’ve faced. In four games McCabe hasn’t worked out how to beat us which is strange as it isn’t exactly rocket science. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Airdrie are by some distance the worst side we’ve faced. In four games McCabe hasn’t worked out how to beat us which is strange as it isn’t exactly rocket science. 

Yep it's bizarre. 

However, the most recent defeat actually has seemed to galvanise the team and 3 wins from 3 since has seen us almost secure the playoffs.