Stranraer vs Clyde

22 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

By deflection, do you mean "Hi boys and girls, if you thought the result on Saturday was woeful, wait & you see the fucking shitehole we're going to" ...that kind of deflection ?

That's exactly what I mean. But try and dress it up like some kind if positive news. 

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Surely McCall should be under more scrutiny from the fans than he is? He really strikes me as a fossil who's completely past it.

That team selection for Clyde today doesn't make a kick of sense. Surely can't go to the bother of improving on the muck that was there before and then benching Kabia, Leitch and McGinn? Where was the keeper?

He's been well backed, more than any other manager in the league in January, and is showing no signs of having a clue what he's doing in my opinion.

I was thinking the same.

It feels like Yogi Hughes at Raith a few years ago now. Where he's not actually that arsed and things are going badly, but he knows he'll wash his hands of Clyde when he leaves and probably still get a decent gig somewhere else.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was thinking the same.

It feels like Yogi Hughes at Raith a few years ago now. Where he's not allowed that arsed and things are going badly, but he knows he'll wash his hands of Clyde when he leaves and probably still get a decent gig somewhere else.

Team selection today was baffling no questions about that but the quality of player he has managed to get bottom of l2 is something that should be commended really dont think he is to blame as he has had to make a whole new team in the middle of the season which people take for granted. Blame still lies on board duffy etc imo

Agree completely about the team. Absolutely criminal that parry and Ross Lyon started. Ross Lyon summing up how he should started on the pitch today. Definitely the darkest day for Clyde in recent history. AM and IM have definitely tried their hardest to steer us away from 10th but we need to start preparing for the playoffs. I’m not confident, and don’t think we will be in league 2 next season. Maybe time for a break from the football at the weekend.

4 minutes ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

Agree completely about the team. Absolutely criminal that parry and Ross Lyon started. Ross Lyon summing up how he should started on the pitch today. Definitely the darkest day for Clyde in recent history. AM and IM have definitely tried their hardest to steer us away from 10th but we need to start preparing for the playoffs. I’m not confident, and don’t think we will be in league 2 next season. Maybe time for a break from the football at the weekend.

Agreed mate im in two minds to stop being so invested in the club because its just constant depression

Seven of today's starting XI were already at the club when McCall arrived three months ago, and he's worked with two of the other four since the end of December. The argument about building a whole new team would maybe fly if he played the whole new team, but he didn't. To perform in that manner today against an opponent that has been struggling for form even worse than ourselves (and is depleted by injuries to some key players!) is embarrassing, and the blame for that has to fall on the manager's shoulders. There are obviously some extenuating factors; we were in a horrific state in so many ways when he arrived, and it's never going to be easy to conduct a rebuild of this magnitude mid-season, but we have not built on the initial improvement he oversaw whatsoever. Elgin's starting team today featured more January additions than ours...

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

Seven of today's starting XI were already at the club when McCall arrived three months ago, and he's worked with two of the other four since the end of December. The argument about building a whole new team would maybe fly if he played the whole new team, but he didn't. To perform in that manner today against an opponent that has been struggling for form even worse than ourselves (and is depleted by injuries to some key players!) is embarrassing, and the blame for that has to fall on the manager's shoulders. There are obviously some extenuating factors; we were in a horrific state in so many ways when he arrived, and it's never going to be easy to conduct a rebuild of this magnitude mid-season, but we have not built on the initial improvement he oversaw whatsoever. Elgin's starting team today featured more January additions than ours...

Baffling all new signings aren't starting after what the others contributed first half of the season

16 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Football aside disgusting what those stranraer fans did attacking our fans with golf clubs absolute scum 

Is this actually true? I assumed the golf club/taser comment was someone taking the piss!? You sure someone’s auto correct hasn’t made sandwich into sand wedge?

12 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Is this actually true? I assumed the golf club/taser comment was someone taking the piss!? You sure someone’s auto correct hasn’t made sandwich into sand wedge?

Apparently there was a van in the car park that had golf clubs in it and they went and got them and used them on Clyde fans and were later tasered by police

I take my hat off to anyone still going along. I packed it in about 2 yrs ago because of how much it was pissing me off but have been to a couple of games but not like before. I still look in on this and Twitter obviously. Heartbreaking stuff. Not one of those players will be too bothered apart from getting a gig next season somewhere else. Will this mob actually be up for a fight. I don’t think so . 

6 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

I take my hat off to anyone still going along. I packed it in about 2 yrs ago because of how much it was pissing me off but have been to a couple of games but not like before. I still look in on this and Twitter obviously. Heartbreaking stuff. Not one of those players will be too bothered apart from getting a gig next season somewhere else. Will this mob actually be up for a fight. I don’t think so . 

Ye agree even people like cuddihy r grant howie people who have been at the club for a while (thruough various spells) dont even seem up for the fight sad times