Stranraer vs Clyde

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Frustration at conceding goals has no justification for throwing objects at players though does it? That surely doesn't happen every week?

If that's normal behaviour I think people should question if football is for them.

If anyone really believes someone has loaded his van in the morning to take to the football to purposely attack Clyde fans then I question their sanity. 

There's clearly been an edge to the day/game and there will be blame on both sides let's not kid on all Clyde fans have turned up and behaved impeccably on the day after being on the swally for 5-6 hours pre game.

Let's live in the real world lads.

Youre right, objects shouldn’t be thrown on the pitch.

but trying to justify fans being attacked with weapons because “there was an edge to the game” and fans had been drinking pre-match is a joke.

I think your dislike for Clyde as a club is clouding your judgement on this one.

Jesus H Torbett they highlights are grim viewing. Had to laugh at the commentary thinking Ballantynes challenge was a red card though when Lyon scissor challenged someone in the same phase of play right before it.

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Youre right, objects shouldn’t be thrown on the pitch.

but trying to justify fans being attacked with weapons because “there was an edge to the game” and fans had been drinking pre-match is a joke.

I think your dislike for Clyde as a club is clouding your judgement on this one.

No one should be attacked with weapons I completely agree. I never justified that part that's the act of a coward. I'm merely stating it takes two to tango and there will have been wallopers on both sides as shown by the need to use golf clubs and throwing objects on the park. Both could have devastating consequences.

I don't dislike Clyde as a club so certainly no clouding of judgement. I pity them if anything and really want them to beat EK in the play off. 

Just now, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

wtf is Parry doing for the second goal? Watching him attempt to get back his like watching the highlights in slow motion.

That was utterly pathetic from Parry.

If there was a fish supper on the goal line he would have been there in a flash.

Looks in awful shape.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Also let's not begin to pretend a section of the Clyde support will be the victim in all of this. You don't just get set about with golf clubs for being shrinking violets and minding yer Ps and Qs.

You can clearly see some of them absolutely out their skull when that Stranraer first goal goes in and something being thrown towards the Stranraer players which is particularly scumbag behaviour.

If someone took a golf club to someone else that’s inexcusable and he will deserve whatever he gets.

Reportedly started with a visiting fan throwing punches at the start of the game. Objects thrown on the park at the end as well as after the first goal celebration. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If someone took a golf club to someone else that’s inexcusable and he will deserve whatever he gets.

Reportedly started with a visiting fan throwing punches at the start of the game. Objects thrown on the park at the end as well as after the first goal celebration. 

You can see on the highlights something landing on the pitch when your players are celebrating the first goal. Can’t tell what it is, though. 

Arsehole behaviour whatever it was.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

11 minutes ago, CM. said:

Jesus H Torbett they highlights are grim viewing. Had to laugh at the commentary thinking Ballantynes challenge was a red card though when Lyon scissor challenged someone in the same phase of play right before it.

Suspect if the boot had been on the other foot you would have been shouting for a red card. 

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

That was utterly pathetic from Parry.

If there was a fish supper on the goal line he would have been there in a flash.

Looks in awful shape.

We sign a new keeper who is 23 and ex-Rangers and West Ham then leave him on the bench for that…

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

14 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

wtf is Parry doing for the second goal? Watching him attempt to get back is like watching the highlights in slow motion.

We are just a poor, poor football team.

He’s got the mobility of a filing cabinet. He’s been caught off his line like this and lobbed several times before. Also a low shot into the corner is as good as a goal. At least he can stop a ball straight at him which is an improvement on Leighfield but perhaps Mr McCall can explain why the new keeper was sat on the bench for such an important game.

Those highlights are atrocious. The only team scoring more in that game would have been Stranraer, though King & Allan should have scored between them when Grant put them through.

I have a small amount of sympathy for Ross Lyon as he was completely sold by Kabia giving the ball away with near enough our entire team in the Stranraer box. Still, a bit more composure from Lyon and he could have probably covered better and not dived in when he did.

Parry showing again that he should have retired 2 years ago. If you can't run from the edge of your box back to your goal in half the time it takes him, you shouldn't be playing 11s any more. I'd say he should stick to five-a-side as that box is more his size, but he'd still be beaten by every low shot that wasn't straight at him.

McCall should be ashamed of that performance. 

44 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Suspect if the boot had been on the other foot you would have been shouting for a red card. 

Absolutely. For the Lyon challenge not the Ballantyne one.

Approaching halftime yesterday I had a wee chuckle to myself when the Stranraer toddlers (ultras) started singing that they wish they played us every week. I found it funny because up to that point it was still 0-0 in a match that was devoid of goals, skill and any entertainment. Why the hell would you want to watch that every week?

Anyway, I suppose the last laugh was on me

Edited by haufdaft

5 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Approaching halftime yesterday I had a wee chuckle to myself when the Stranraer toddlers (ultras) started singing that they wish they played us every week. I found it funny because up to that point it was still 0-0 in a match that was devoid of goals, skill and any entertainment. Why the hell would you want to watch that every week?

Anyway, I suppose the last laugh was on me

Joke's on them, they won't be able to play us at all next season!

Oh. ☹️

3 hours ago, Moonball said:

Tremendous highlights package once again. The production level is consistently excellent, especially considering it's a bunch of volunteers and the quick turnaround to get the editing done and get it uploaded. Impressive stuff.

I wonder if Ian McCall is instructing the players to hoof the ball up the park towards the shortest player on the pitch in Jordan Allan. Is that actually the game plan or is McCall trying to get us to play it on the deck but the players shite it and resort to to hoofball despite what he's telling them?

Would genuinely love to know.

5e83be08-007c-4e7e-9ee8-cdd7d2ada86d_text.gif