Stranraer vs Clyde

3 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Guessed it was this guy when you said one of the back room staff giving Churchillian signal to your fans

Embarrassed by the guy and he should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

Nah. No time for fans that spend 90 mins calling everyone a c@nt and giving it the big un then pearl clutching when they get something back. No idea what happened but I’d bet that guy has had some abuse given the reports on fans behaviour pre/post game.

7 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

It all kicked off

Clyde fans getting attacked with golf clubs

Stranraer fans getting tasered by police 

Know that we are frustrated and not helped by Stranraer players goading fans after first goal

But it is only a game of footy

Honestly thought this was trolling/sarcasm, until I read the report on the Sun website. 

Horrendous. I've been to a fair few Stranraer games as both an away fan and neutral and it's one of the most sedate and nondescript grounds in regards to trouble. Usually only about 350 folk there, 70% of which are old dotes and kids. Genuinely shocked all this occured at Stair Park of all places

Edited by Thereisalight..

8 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Guessed it was this guy when you said one of the back room staff giving Churchillian signal to your fans

Embarrassed by the guy and he should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

He did the same v East Fife in the play offs. Absolute weirdo behaviour 

Just now, sirscottyoung said:

He did the same v East Fife in the play offs. Absolute weirdo behaviour 

Last seen being summoned to see the referee after yesterday’s game. Referee supervisor also in attendance. Supervisor was surrounded by Clyde directors after the game - suspect they were trying to persuade him not to include the guy’s antics in their report.

Also let's not begin to pretend a section of the Clyde support will be the victim in all of this. You don't just get set about with golf clubs for being shrinking violets and minding yer Ps and Qs.

You can clearly see some of them absolutely out their skull when that Stranraer first goal goes in and something being thrown towards the Stranraer players which is particularly scumbag behaviour.

9 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Also let's not begin to pretend a section of the Clyde support will be the victim in all of this. You don't just get set about with golf clubs for being shrinking violets and minding yer Ps and Qs.

You can clearly see some of them absolutely out their skull when that Stranraer first goal goes in and something being thrown towards the Stranraer players which is particularly scumbag behaviour.

Even at that, I’m not sure being attacked with weapons is justified, though, is it? The whole thing was clearly pre-planned as they were stored in a van outside the stadium.

There’s no justification for a group of folk getting golf clubs out a van to attack people, it’s complete thuggery. 

People getting wound up and frustrated when conceding a goal, especially in our situation, happens every week. 

39 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Even at that, I’m not sure being attacked with weapons is justified, though, is it? The whole thing was clearly pre-planned as they were stored in a van outside the stadium.

You're suggesting this guy loaded his van up with golf clubs in the morning with the sole intention of battering Clyde fans?

Just now, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

on reflection, probably not. First part of my post still stands, though.

Absolutely agree with your first part. It just feels like Clyde fans are putting a lot of blame on Stranraer for what happened when the likelihood is both sides had some mutants go overboard after some bantering. 

12 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

There’s no justification for a group of folk getting golf clubs out a van to attack people, it’s complete thuggery. 

People getting wound up and frustrated when conceding a goal, especially in our situation, happens every week. 

Frustration at conceding goals has no justification for throwing objects at players though does it? That surely doesn't happen every week?

If that's normal behaviour I think people should question if football is for them.

If anyone really believes someone has loaded his van in the morning to take to the football to purposely attack Clyde fans then I question their sanity. 

There's clearly been an edge to the day/game and there will be blame on both sides let's not kid on all Clyde fans have turned up and behaved impeccably on the day after being on the swally for 5-6 hours pre game.

Let's live in the real world lads.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I agree, it was their fault and they should apologise for headbutting the golf clubs

Edited by Clyde_MM

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Frustration at conceding goals has no justification for throwing objects at players though does it? That surely doesn't happen every week?

If that's normal behaviour I think people should question if football is for them.

If anyone really believes someone has loaded his van in the morning to take to the football to purposely attack Clyde fans then I question their sanity. 

There's clearly been an edge to the day/game and there will be blame on both sides let's not kid on all Clyde fans have turned up and behaved impeccably on the day after being on the swally for 5-6 hours pre game.

Let's live in the real world lads.

Nobody should be throwing objects at players either. 

Whatever the reason someone has had a van full of golf clubs at the ground, you can’t justify using them to attack folk. 

I don’t think anyone’s pretending there won’t have been Clyde fans giving it back to Stranraer fans during the game.