Stranraer vs Clyde

11 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

It all kicked off

Clyde fans getting attacked with golf clubs

Stranraer fans getting tasered by police 

Know that we are frustrated and not helped by Stranraer players goading fans after first goal

But it is only a game of footy

Jesus Christ :lol:

Tasering at the fitba. What a time to be alive.

38 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

What's this I'm hearing about some scrapping at the end of the game? 

Anyway. I've said all along Clyde will be fine. But I may have to change my mind on that now lads. 

Two players booked in the dressing rooms - Cameron and Forrest - for squaring up to each other. One member of your back room team summoned to referee’s room for raising his fists to Stranraer players and making Churchillian signs to fans as he walked down the tunnel. 

Pity how this all turned out. Nice friendly atmosphere in the Pavilion Bar before the match but punches thrown as Clyde fans walked past home fans to take their places at kickoff. Pyrotechnics at the start of the second half and a missile thrown at Stranraer players celebrating first goal. Police had to be called for the first time in many seasons at Stair Park. 

And five yellows and a red during the game. 

Edited by EdinburghBlue

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Two players booked in the dressing rooms - Cameron and Forrest - for squaring up to each other. One member of your back room team summoned to referee’s room for raising his fists to Stranraer players and making Churchillian signs to fans as he walked down the tunnel. 

Pity how this all turned out. Nice friendly atmosphere in the Pavilion Bar before the match but punches thrown as Clyde fans walked past home fans to take their places at kickoff. Pyrotechnics at the start of the second half and a missile thrown at Stranraer players celebrating first goal. Police had to be called for the first time in many seasons at Stair Park. 

All sounds very unsavoury. Usually I would call for the match to be replayed as a result, but a 2-0 defeat is probably about the best we could ask for tbh.

When the highlights come out, look where Parry's positions himself before the second goal. He places himself into the right back position WITHOUT the ball. WTF?

He then literally sauntered back towards his area as Stranraer picked up the ball.

If I was being mischievous I could jokingly suggest he had  Stranraer to win 2-0 on his coupon.

12 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This all sounds absolutely tremendous fun, I can't lie.

(Assuming nobody was actually hurt, and the tasered folk deserved it...)

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

When the highlights come out, look where Parry's positions himself before the second goal. He places himself into the right back position WITHOUT the ball. WTF?

He then literally sauntered back towards his area as Stranraer picked up the ball.

If I was being mischievous I could jokingly suggest he had  Stranraer to win 2-0 on his coupon.

Parry is a ringer. 

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

If I were being mischievous I might jokingly say it was the referee who had a wager on - a draw 😉

Looking forward to the highlights. Ecrepont’s goal might just be the best at Stair Park since Jim McCabe’s against Falkirk in 1976 

Surely McCall should be under more scrutiny from the fans than he is? He really strikes me as a fossil who's completely past it.

That team selection for Clyde today doesn't make a kick of sense. Surely can't go to the bother of improving on the muck that was there before and then benching Kabia, Leitch and McGinn? Where was the keeper?

He's been well backed, more than any other manager in the league in January, and is showing no signs of having a clue what he's doing in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

Surely McCall should be under more scrutiny from the fans than he is? He really strikes me as a fossil who's completely past it.

That team selection for Clyde today doesn't make a kick of sense. Surely can't go to the bother of improving on the muck that was there before and then benching Kabia, Leitch and McGinn? Where was the keeper?

He's been well backed, more than any other manager in the league in January, and is showing no signs of having a clue what he's doing in my opinion.

I haven’t been forensic on the stats but I think every other new League 2 manager has done better than McCall

Two  great goals from Stranraer. Not the best game for large spells but once we got going we deserved to win. One or two big misses by clyde meant we had a clean sheet. Least said the better about the antics of some "supporters" . I'll stick to the fitba.

Edited by Blue1870

I don't think I'll ever believe that team selection. Ray Grant, McGinn, Kabia dropped after a decent performance last week. New goalie should surely come straight in. Compounded by poor performances by Cuddihy, Ballantyne, Dunachie and others.

Jordan Allan is rubbish when the ball is launched up to him. He's also rubbish when he gets the ball to his feet. The only reason he is in the team is to net the rebound from King's one-on-one, and the later chance for an equaliser. Not to mention the chance last week, and the one at Elgin. 

We deserved nothing today.

2 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Can't wait for the club to try and deflect all of this by announcing were moving to Glenconner Park. 

By deflection, do you mean "Hi boys and girls, if you thought the result on Saturday was woeful, wait & you see the fucking shitehole we're going to" ...that kind of deflection ?

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Two players booked in the dressing rooms - Cameron and Forrest - for squaring up to each other. 

That will be the first time Cameron has ever squared up an opposition player.