Arniston v Glenrothes
Whitburn v Preston

Friday 24th May 2024
SF:

Sauchie v Arniston/Glenrothes
Whitburn/Preston v Haddington

Saturday 1st June 2024
Final

Fantastic results for Arniston and Preston last night. 

An East Lothian semi final. 

Great for the region.

Hopefully Preston get a bumper gate on Friday ,they most certainly deserve it. 

14 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Fantastic results for Arniston and Preston last night. 

An East Lothian semi final. 

Great for the region.

Hopefully Preston get a bumper gate on Friday ,they most certainly deserve it. 

Hopefully Sauchie don't.....a fecking Tenner admission😳

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, guinness said:

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but I agree with you. 

£10 might only be £2/£3 more than other EoS Premier League teams normally charge for home matches. However, this equates to 25%/43% more. Not sure the product coming out of Beechwood Park is that much better than other grounds. 

Given (I think) that Sauchie keep the gate money for this time, a goodwill gesture would be to reduce the gate-price on the night. 

Edited by Casey Jones

8 hours ago, guinness said:

Have to admit to being surprised when I saw the Facebook graphic yesterday. £10 & £5 is on the high side and will put people off, but I suppose the club will justify it as being in line with the prices all season.

20 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but I agree with you. 

£10 might only be £2/£3 more than other EoS Premier League teams normally charge for home matches. However, this equates to 25%/43% more. Not sure the product coming out of Beechwood Park is that much better than other grounds. 

Given (I think) that Sauchie keep the gate money for this time, a goodwill gesture would be to reduce the gate-price on the night. 

Not tongue & cheek...they've a cheek asking supporter's to pay that. Plus Sauchie's manager has posted this tonight asking for Support 🤡 

Screenshot_20240523_212959_X.jpg

7 minutes ago, guinness said:

Not tongue & cheek...they've a cheek asking supporter's to pay that. Plus Sauchie's manager has posted this tonight asking for Support 🤡 

Screenshot_20240523_212959_X.jpg

Cheers for that. Good to see a Sauchie supporter calling this out. I went to the match at Beechwood Park at end of match as I try and go to all Haddington games, but I do think they are taking the Michael. Even Bo’ness still only charge £8 for match entry and they have been in the lowland league for past 3 seasons. 

I think when we were in the East Region Junior set-up, I think all clubs within a particular division charged same entry fee. Now in the EoS set-up, we have 3 different main entry prices for the Premier League. Interesting to see what the crowd is tomorrow night AND if Sauchie will increase the price again in 2024-25?

48 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Cheers for that. Good to see a Sauchie supporter calling this out. I went to the match at Beechwood Park at end of match as I try and go to all Haddington games, but I do think they are taking the Michael. Even Bo’ness still only charge £8 for match entry and they have been in the lowland league for past 3 seasons. 

I think when we were in the East Region Junior set-up, I think all clubs within a particular division charged same entry fee. Now in the EoS set-up, we have 3 different main entry prices for the Premier League. Interesting to see what the crowd is tomorrow night AND if Sauchie will increase the price again in 2024-25?

I can't remember the pricing in the East junior's but it must have been around a fiver & that'll be only about five year's ago. Which is some increase in that time. Going to the fitba is a lot of people's wee treat but they are going to price a lot of people out of going to a  game. 

10 minutes ago, guinness said:

I can't remember the pricing in the East junior's but it must have been around a fiver & that'll be only about five year's ago. Which is some increase in that time. Going to the fitba is a lot of people's wee treat but they are going to price a lot of people out of going to a  game. 

Sauchie were £6 in 2019, only four clubs were £7. I created a thread on admission prices back then, maybe I should update it for the start of next season to see what the state of play is.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Unsurprisingly there is a pitch inspection before tonight’s semi final at Prestonpans. 

I'm sure the Pennypit pitch will be it's usual bowling green surface

swamp.jpg.4a2b0ce8b444e2031caf79ba4f41a7db.jpg

On 25/05/2024 at 09:42, Sergeant Wilson said:

I vote Bathgate.

It's actually Station Park in Deans, Livingston, on Friday, 7.15 kick off. 

Odd one but hey ho, I haven't been there for a while. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

It's actually Station Park in Deans, Livingston, on Friday, 7.15 kick off. 

Odd one but hey ho, I haven't been there for a while. 

That’s the under 20s league cup final🤦🏻‍♂️

Haddington v St Andrews

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

That’s the under 20s league cup final🤦🏻‍♂️

Haddington v St Andrews

ach well.. you live and learn. It was the shock of Hadyingtong getting to two cup finals that threw me :lol:

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

ach well.. you live and learn. It was the shock of Hadyingtong getting to two cup finals that threw me :lol:

FS Tam. Had my flight booked and everything!