Wasps v Binos

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

After the behaviour at the pre-season game and at the first league meeting, I know of 4 older supporters that aren’t going, who would normally be there, so there’s probably about £100, all in, that the club have lost. 

Onto the game, I hope we play better than we did in the last meeting, we were awful at Forthbank. Not sure about changes in all honesty, the 1 that I would definitely make is Cooper coming in for Leitch, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

@BB_Bino after Tuesdays performance none of the players can have any gripes about being dropped with the exception of Blair in goals or Pabs 

Leitch certainly wasn't the worse, i don't think Cooper gives you the same in the middle of the park from the start (again just my opinion) 

Biggest change needs to be at LB it's a no brainer, Cammy isn’t the answer, Crane has to come in...also at RB surely after Tuesday Geach has to come back...

Like i said earlier in a post loyalty has to go out of the window after being badly let down on Tuesday, 

Maybe Cooper or Wilson for Milne, rather than Leitch 

Offord for Hilson,

But again anyone who's dropped has no excuse..

Teamsheet is going to be interesting 

If its the same team again I'll be banging my head off the wall.

I can't see Leitch being dropped anyway.

Replace the full backs for sure. Clark is out of form and Cummins isn't a right back.

I'd like to see some sort of a change further up the park too

I think Leitch has talent but he never seems to do the simple thing and runs around like a headless chicken. Maybe it looks that way because others aren't offering him options.

Hilson has actually played really well in the last 2 games and I'd be reluctant to drop him. 

We need to find the creativity shown in the Kelty game to unlock defenses.

Please, please, please stop passing to the opposition.

6 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

I think Leitch has talent but he never seems to do the simple thing and runs around like a headless chicken. Maybe it looks that way because others aren't offering him options.

Hilson has actually played really well in the last 2 games and I'd be reluctant to drop him. 

We need to find the creativity shown in the Kelty game to unlock defenses.

Please, please, please stop passing to the opposition.

Jack always looks like he's blawin out his arse after 20 mins, i was also thinking what young Murray Millar did wrong to get benched, he's never got a sniff since, strange one 

Agreed Hilson probably had his best game against Kelty, Cove he was ok too, but Montrose he was awful, I'd like to see a bit more of Offord & that will help Carrick too, Offord has a bit of pace about him... 

We all have opinions & that's not a bad thing & we are all passionate about our team, i just think that this teamsheet is going to tell us alot on Saturday, anyone dropped can't have a complaint, a few are having a charmed life being selected, that surely has to be over.

4 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

@BB_Bino after Tuesdays performance none of the players can have any gripes about being dropped with the exception of Blair in goals or Pabs 

Leitch certainly wasn't the worse, i don't think Cooper gives you the same in the middle of the park from the start (again just my opinion) 

Biggest change needs to be at LB it's a no brainer, Cammy isn’t the answer, Crane has to come in...also at RB surely after Tuesday Geach has to come back...

Like i said earlier in a post loyalty has to go out of the window after being badly let down on Tuesday, 

Maybe Cooper or Wilson for Milne, rather than Leitch 

Offord for Hilson,

But again anyone who's dropped has no excuse..

Teamsheet is going to be interesting 

For all the justified criticism of Cammy, he is regularly hung out to dry with Milne going awol and giving him no cover. Add to Milne’s weakness, his fear of making or taking a tackle. He’s a skilful player who could be an asset if he had a heart.

We need to score 3 goals to win any game our defence is just not good enough. Expect a 2-2 tomorrow.  Both too good to go down and mid table . 

Great to have a proper derby on the calendar still albeit both have seen better times. 

Alloa in good form and at home. Think they’re still a shade better than us at the moment. We also played midweek so will be some fatigue. I’d take a draw.

Really disappointed the manager didn’t rotate a little in midweek, he seems quite regimented with not changing a winning team but then again I’m sure he know 1000 times more than me how best to manage a football team.  

Think this will be a home win but I’d be delighted to be wrong. 

On 08/02/2024 at 14:05, Flybhoy said:

Do Alloa still have an issue with the wee fannies behind the Clackmannan Road end goal who rush out the exit gates early to confront away fans exiting past KFC ?

CP Company being available at Sports Direct has a lot to answer for.

Defence has been weak in times but as @printersays if our attacking threats of Wales and Steven are at their A game they will give the Stirling defence a real hard day at the office. Think Miko needs to start again today as I thought he was excellent down at Annan last week. Repeat what has been said previously that if Devine is back fit then he will be the only replacement from last week. 

Defence can be tightened up without doubt and there are also plenty of players knocking on the door for positions further up the field so we're a work in progress. The difference between the team of the last couple of months and the absolute shambles of those two derbies at the start of the season is stark though, we were way less than the sum our parts and didn't look like a team at all. Need to keep the upward momentum going now and see where it takes us, then the fascinating prospect of seeing what the manager does with the squad in the summer. 

Stevie will be missed in the middle again today. The argument on the podcast about dropping back Scougall to a deeper role is a good one and I wouldn't be disappointed with that. At the same time, Miko has been getting stuck in and I'd like to see him get a run and give him the chance to really show what he can do. 

I'd also be temped to put Cammy in at LB if he's fit. Plenty of promise from Sutherland last week but perhaps a bit raw defensively at this stage. But the manager will have seen more of him and better qualified to make the call! 

Need to make sure we're up for it - and I'm sure that will be the case. After that it's just a case of getting on the ball and having a go. Do that and the talent is there to cause Stirling a lot of problems. 

Edited by Waspie

I have no idea what to expect today. A week ago, I would have been relatively confident. We were playing well and creating loads of chances. It all turned to shit on Tuesday night, though. Our worst performance since our last game against Alloa.

I'd bring Crane into midfield today. Josh Cooper also surely deserves a start. I'd like to see more of Offord, but Hilson has turned a corner these last few matches, so would be harsh to drop him.

48 minutes ago, MrBeeno said:

I would expect Sam Bird the defender we signed from Stockport to make an appearance today,unless he is injured.

Hopefully Crane to come in from the start too.

Confused why Bird wasn't even in the squad for Tuesday against Montrose, unsure if he's injured, no mention, Crane has to start in place of Clark... McGeachie might come in at right back now he's fit.. but you never know with DY he's quite stubborn & will see how far his loyalty stretches after Tuesdays embarrassing performance 

2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

I have no idea what to expect today. A week ago, I would have been relatively confident. We were playing well and creating loads of chances. It all turned to shit on Tuesday night, though. Our worst performance since our last game against Alloa.

I'd bring Crane into midfield today. Josh Cooper also surely deserves a start. I'd like to see more of Offord, but Hilson has turned a corner these last few matches, so would be harsh to drop him.

@unitedbino I'm exactly the same as you.... normally I'd be buzzing for today like every bino's game.... but I'm absolutely flat after that performance on Tuesday,, the silence is deafening....the final whistle was end of the torcher.... 3 formation changes before a sub... it was crying out for change... so predictable...never makes a sub before 60 minutes 

I'd expect Crane to come in for Clark at the very least....Clark simply isn't good enough at this level...I think McGeachie could also come back in at RB 

Maybe Wilson for Milne..... Milne thinks he's exempt from making a tackle & doesn't offer any defensive cover.... 

I'd also like to see Offord given a start possibility in place of Hilson....he gives a bit more pace & i think that would help take the defender's focus away from Carrick 

I think Cooper deserves a start too...but i don't think DY trust's him in the middle of the park, he definitely offers us a lot more going forward...

I also don't know what Murray Miller has done wrong, i thought he had settled in & was playing some good stuff, suddenly he's benched & not had a sniff  

Will be an interesting team sheet 

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Sutherland  ?

The very man! 

Clearly short at the back today with no Devine or Mackay but we know how good Taggs can be in the middle. Mon the Wasps.