Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

13 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

I think Accies are going to win. I have a real bad feeling 

They need to win and we don’t, so I expect Accies to be more desperate for a result. We don’t have good record in the cups and this is like a cup final for them. 

The other thing is I think we a due a sending off, for all the crap refereeing, I don’t think we’ve had a man send off, but most importantly the fans are too confident and winding up Accies fans are setting themselves up for a fall. 

the unofficial motto of expect the unexpected isn’t just for wins.

While Accies definitely need to win, I think ultimately they will be content with a point. They'll know that if they open up we have the pace to get at them. 

We don't have a good record in cups? IIRC we reached the Scottish cup semi final last season! If you mean we don't have a good record in matches where there's a big crowd up for it then we would all agree with that. 

Colin Steven is the referee tomorrow, he always looks like an angry wee man and loves a red card. I expect at least 1 red card tomorrow but its 50/50 which way

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Part of the reason I don’t do social media, way too many lunatics have access to it. I am all from friendly banter, which I know can sometimes get heated but that’s part and parcel of football.

Unfortunately some people think that if folk do podcasts etc it makes them fair game, like they think it’s alright to shout anything they like at players and are surprised when players bark back at them.

There is a line that shouldn’t be crossed and threatening to kidnap someone’s child is most definitely that line. As could be seen after the TNS game we have some zoomers in our fan base, hopefully when they grow up they will regret and be embarrassed by their actions.

I am sure most Falkirk fans would feel the same.

Totally agree- all for a bit of banter between fans but any personal abuse and threats are totally over the line.

33 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Colin Steven is the referee tomorrow, he always looks like an angry wee man and loves a red card. I expect at least 1 red card tomorrow but its 50/50 which way

He actually hasn’t given a red this whole season, 70 bookings in 22 games though

42 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

He actually hasn’t given a red this whole season, 70 bookings in 22 games though

Which actually equates to him being due to dish one out unfortunately. Be no surprise if that was tomorrow…..

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Appears Hamilton have only sold 70 tickets for this.

Do they need tickets for the game or can away fans PATG? If not, then it sounds as if a few supporters bus convenors are going to be out of pocket. I think that I read somewhere on P&B that some convenors had booked 2 buses instead of the usual 1. I am genuinely sorry for them, they put in a lot of hours and work to help their fellow fans and then get let down.

Plus, you always hope for some away fans to add to the atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do they need tickets for the game or can away fans PATG? If not, then it sounds as if a few supporters bus convenors are going to be out of pocket. I think that I read somewhere on P&B that some convenors had booked 2 buses instead of the usual 1. I am genuinely sorry for them, they put in a lot of hours and work to help their fellow fans and then get let down.

Not sure to be honest, just based on our Tweet saying only 15 total short of 5k for the match and 85 short of 5k home fans alone.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

There is patg but it’s only 1 gate so it won’t just be 70 fans probably closer to 250,Hamilton fans can give a better estimate on numbers. I think we all feel sorry for the people who run buses being let down by fans that are unhappy but they should’ve expected the low numbers with points gap behind us, the poor results, poor playing style and other factors but at the end of the day it’s sad seeing 70 away tickets sold for a top of the table clash when the other one this weekend is close to sold out (250 tickets left 3hrs ago)

2 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

There is patg but it’s only 1 gate so it won’t just be 70 fans probably closer to 250,Hamilton fans can give a better estimate on numbers. I think we all feel sorry for the people who run buses being let down by fans that are unhappy but they should’ve expected the low numbers with points gap behind us, the poor results, poor playing style and other factors but at the end of the day it’s sad seeing 70 away tickets sold for a top of the table clash when the other one this weekend is close to sold out (250 tickets left 3hrs ago)

Especially when you consider the other one is on cooncil telly. That's good going to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Especially when you consider the other one is on cooncil telly. That's good going to be fair.

7660 according to raith which is good going for them

1 minute ago, Hisingdoon said:

7660 according to raith which is good going for them

Especially when you consider that Raith have lost their last 3 league games, their fans still believe and are doing their bit.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Especially when you consider that Raith have lost their last 3 league games, their fans still believe and are doing their bit.

Tbf I believe Dundee United have sold 3500 of those tickets with Raith shifting 3800.

Just shows how impressive our backing is.

Saw someone on the facebook page talking about replacements for Morrison when he departs this summer, which opposition players have impressed you this season?

For me:

Ruairidh Adams had a cracker against us for Edinburgh City.

Luke Graham, young left sided centre back at Montrose on loan from Dundee. 

Scott Martin for Hamilton, can see why they've struggled losing a player like that to injury.

Miller Thomson was impressive whilst on loan at Montrose from Dundee United earlier in the season.

Taylor Steven & Bobby Wales for Alloa both look promising talents.

Great effort to have over 5k Falkirk fans. Reckon that surpasses the Ayr game last season, next target should be to get to the 5.3k that came along to the first Dunfermline match. Hopefully we can produce a more memorable display than we managed in that game 

ETA: As the next best supported team in the league, Hamilton selling 70 tickets demonstrates exactly why it is so important for us to get promoted this season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Great effort to have over 5k Falkirk fans. Reckon that surpasses the Ayr game last season, next target should be to get to the 5.3k that came along to the first Dunfermline match. Hopefully we can produce a more memorable display than we managed in that game 

Where are you seeing this?

13 hours ago, AcciesAllTheTIme said:

I’m pretty sure if you were getting relentless mentions and most of it crossing the line between banter and just unneeded name callings etc then you would remove yourself from giving the scope for that to continue. 

Just an FYI one of the OA guys has to deal with a Falkirk fan mentioning he was going to kidnap his 1 year old daughter, there’s banter then there is just plain out of order.

Unfortunately a lot of folk don't realise the impact a pile-on can have as they just want to feel like "part of the gang." With tensions already high between two sets of fans with a history of scrapping as well as the example you've pointed out, I don't think it's unreasonable if someone doesn't want to put themselves even more out there.

37 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

A bit of a different situation that Raith are only 4 points behind on the same number of games, compared to being 8 points behind having played a game more.

Had we won against Annan I’d expect uptake would be a bit higher but you can’t really blame Accies fans for patching this game given the league is all but over.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Saw someone on the facebook page talking about replacements for Morrison when he departs this summer, which opposition players have impressed you this season?

For me:

Ruairidh Adams had a cracker against us for Edinburgh City.

Luke Graham, young left sided centre back at Montrose on loan from Dundee. 

Scott Martin for Hamilton, can see why they've struggled losing a player like that to injury.

Miller Thomson was impressive whilst on loan at Montrose from Dundee United earlier in the season.

Taylor Steven & Bobby Wales for Alloa both look promising talents.

if we get promoted it's a different conversation. We need to recruit to be in the too half of the league and pushing for the play offs as a minimum. Not sure if anyone mentioned is of that calibre but then maybe they are.