This reminds me of the time when Brora had a similar situation when they couldn't be arsed joining the spfl leagues why win a league when another team could easily go up and want to go up for example Brechin im pretty sure they’ll be a bit peeved off

Buckie's emails presumably going into the SFA's Junk folder; good prep for life in the big leagues.

You really wouldn't like to be Brechin's dug tonight.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Perhaps Scottish cup entry requirements should also be brought in line with SPFL entry requirements to stop teams getting plumb ties at Celtic park but deliberately blocking the pyramid. 

Your club haven’t got a ground so your not in the best position to have a pop. 

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

"At 5pm today, Buckie Thistle FC received an email from the SPFL, stating that because the club do not comply with the SFA Bronze Licence criteria, and did not apply for a waiver or period of grace in respect of this non-compliance by the deadline of 31st March 2024, there will be no Play-Off Tie between Buckie Thistle FC and East Kilbride FC, and East Kilbride will automatically go forward to the Pyramid Play-Off Tie with Club 42.

However, we can confirm that the club has been in regular contact with the SFA in regard to the Bronze Licence criteria items, and we were in fact asked by the SPFL to ask for a period of grace for four of these items on Tuesday 23rd April, which we duly did.

Our Club President Garry Farquhar attended a meeting with the SFA on Wednesday 24th April, and we were granted Derogations for 3 items - Floodlights, Safety Officer and Diversity & Inclusion. One item - Medical – has been deferred until the 15th of May, but the club has committed to resolving the matter by May 10th.

It goes without saying that everyone at the club is stunned and devastated by the timing of this decision. It’s particularly harsh on the players and management, who put so much hard work into winning the Highland League title, that they don’t get the opportunity to go for promotion."

So they didn’t apply before the deadline?

Still strange that they were having meetings with the SFA about the matter and the fact the SPFL stated that there had been no response at all.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

When a suitable pyramid involving teams that want to be promoted and/or aren’t competing in a joke leauge with B teams we will welcome it. Until such times close the door. 

What about clubs with ploughed fields masquerading as a pitch?

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

There is a point to be made there, aside from whatever incompetence Buckie have been guilty of in not getting the licence sorted or failing that applying for a grace period.

The previous cut off level where a bronze licence was required before it was extended to the whole SPFL was the Championship. Cove were in it last season with an entry licence and Airdrie are in it now with an entry licence. Did these clubs apply for a grace period to achieve their bronze licence prior to 31 March in the seasons they won promotion, or were they just granted it without asking? If it's the latter I think it's reasonable to point out the double standard here, regardless of a) that not being an excuse for Buckie and b) everyone who is entry level needing to have applied for a grace period by 31 March 2024 if they want to remain in the SPFL in 2024/25.

That's not true. The rules before this season was tiers 1&2 required a Bronze ground with Silver floodlights, and tiers 3&4 required a Entry ground with Bronze floodlights. There was no requirement for anything above Entry level for anything else.

See rule D4 in the 2022-23 rules https://web.archive.org/web/20230518043723/https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 14-Oct-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

If a reserve team finishes top of the Lowland League, the play-off spot goes to the runner-up, right?

Other than "we never agreed on it", I dunno why the same wouldn't be true when the Highland League champions aren't eligible for promotion.

1 hour ago, cityloon said:

This reminds me of the time when Brora had a similar situation when they couldn't be arsed joining the spfl leagues why win a league when another team could easily go up and want to go up for example Brechin im pretty sure they’ll be a bit peeved off

Nobody in the Highland League have the Bronze license......nobody can go up.

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

That's not true. The rules before this season was tiers 1&2 required a Bronze ground with Silver floodlights, and tiers 3&4 required a Entry ground with Bronze floodlights. There was no requirement for anything above Entry level for anything else.

See rule D4 in the 2022-23 rules https://web.archive.org/web/20230518043723/https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 14-Oct-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

Thank you, I'd misremembered that. So Airdrie were always Championship compliant then, and presumably have either a grace period or already everything in place to move to bronze with whatever else is holding them back. Cove's ground is now at bronze level, but was definitely at entry level last season so the question still stands with them.

22 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Nobody in the Highland League have the Bronze license......nobody can go up.

Just realised that just now i honestly thought Brechin might of had bronze license but then it kind of makes a shambles that the spfl have done as no team can make it up to league 2 by the looks of it next season unless they do the amendments needed . At least the teams wanting to progress into league 2 next season have a clue now of whats needed after that lesson

The Scottish authorities do seem to like trying to block virtually everyone from promotion to a higher league.

You could easily take it personally.

Edit: if the Bronze licence requirement was only agreed upon in December, that'll be another Scottish football favourite - changing the rules mid-season out of panic.

Edited by BFTD

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If it's Dumbarton you are referring to, we've had not one home fixture postponement this season. 

Your turn.....

I don't believe I mentioned postponements at all, however the state of your pitch at a Broomhill game is the worst I have seen at any level for many, many years. I believe there are pictures on here somewhere of it.