The Dons v Motherwell

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can we use this to retrospectively void hearts championship league title and resulting promotion? 

Yes, also Rangers winning the league and St. Johnstone winning two cups.

20 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

When was the last time we won away from home? I'm pretty sure it was against Hearts at the start of the season?

20 hours ago, dezz said:

Yup, 0-1 at Tynecastle on the 3rd of September. Over 5 months ago ... 

@Div just posted this on the P&B Twitter - we've only won 1 away game in the league all season (at Tynecastle) but apparently we've only lost 4 which is a record only the top two can better.

I mean, we'll lose this one but still, what a weird season.

Miovski against Butcher & Mugabi is giving me the fear. However it’s fine we have Kelly behind offering a solid protection….

Cant see anything other than an Aberdeen win. 

Vale and Devine should start for me. For Paton and SODs. Potentially Halliday on aswell but would have to be at the expense of Miller which I’m not keen on. This game would suit him more than Morton away. 

Being greedy, I would also start Casey & Blaney but we know that won’t happen. Butcher needs dropped imo. Actually heard someone on Scoreboard, a Motherwell fan saying Butcher needs to be put in the middle for the wee ‘Polish’ fella. Yes, for Davor our Macedonian….. actually made me dry boak a wee bit. 

Can see Aberdeen winning this 3-0 tbh. Miovski with 2 and Duk with the other. 

Have Blaney's last two appearances not been getting hauled out of position for Pittman's goal against Livingston and an absolute shocker of an afternoon against Rangers? 

No harm to him, I think he's alright, but I'm not sure he's the difference between good and bad for us. Similarly Casey; stinking this season.

I'd play SOD at RCB before I'd play Bevis or Casey there going on this season's form. Similarly I don't think Blaney's really been up to much. 

Devine should start, as should Vale. Paton needs dropped if only to prevent my head from exploding clean off my shoulders when he makes the worst possible decision for the 500th time this season

14 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It's somewhat nicer to remember the opposition goalie blundering than your own 😂

Aberdeen fans may correct me but Joe Lewis seemed to save his bad games for us. He looked perfectly capable against other teams when I saw him.

It was weird. Even if we'd hammered you, he'd still have chucked one in but there was a two year spell that I'd say he was the best keeper playing in the country.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Have Blaney's last two appearances not been getting hauled out of position for Pittman's goal against Livingston and an absolute shocker of an afternoon against Rangers? 

No harm to him, I think he's alright, but I'm not sure he's the difference between good and bad for us. Similarly Casey; stinking this season.

Similarly Butcher

Similarly Kelly

Stinking this season...

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

@Div just posted this on the P&B Twitter - we've only won 1 away game in the league all season (at Tynecastle) but apparently we've only lost 4 which is a record only the top two can better.

I mean, we'll lose this one but still, what a weird season.

That's a mental stat! Very much sums up our weird season. 

A bit off topic, and probably one for the Motherwell thread, but it made me take a look at the wider league table. We've scored more goals at home (24) than anyone outside the Old Firm; only 3 less than Rangers, 4 less than Celtic, and double the number Aberdeen have at Pittodrie (12). The problem is clearly at the other end where only the bottom two have conceded more than us. 

To bring it back on topic, the stat above clearly shows the majority of our away games are fairly tight - we've conceded 14 in 11 games, but only scored 8 times on the road - and I think it'll be the same tonight. The two goal deficit in the 2-4 game at Fir Park massively flattered us, and although I expect we'll be more competitive tonight, I think we'll see a similar difference in the scoreline. 

Stating the obvious here, but a win for us would be huge with Hearts, Celtic and Rangers making up 3 of our next 4 fixtures. I can't see it though - 2-0 Dons; Miovski penalty and someone from a corner/freekick crossed into the box (obviously). 

Edited by dezz

1 minute ago, eliphas said:

Wouldn't make wholesale changes as we'd likely completely lose balance.

- Mugabi out, SOD to RCB, Devine to start at RWB

- Paton for Nicholson 

We win 

End 

We know Kettlewell isn't one for wholesale changes, but I'd go along with this. SOD is less prone to a calamitous error than Bevis and, dare I say it, has looked relatively competent on the right of a back 3. Young Devine definitely has something about him and is worth a shot at a starting berth. 

Paton has fairly tidy feet in the middle but when he reaches advanced positions, deary fucking me. Nicholson looks to be far more adept and positive in the final 3rd and I think he could be really effective if given a run, assuming he's fit enough for a longer run out. Get him in there.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I get that, I really do about Blaney & Casey, however I feel that both would offer more than Butcher does at the moment in terms of athleticism and speed of play. 

Three of our five league fixtures since the break have ended 1-1.

I am almost conditioned to accept that is probably the most likely scoreline this evening.............with the team giving the impression they're not that disappointed with it, despite injecting a little more urgency into the aimless huff and puff during the last ten minutes.

The clock is ticking for Aberdeen’s chances of qualifying for Europe, with an 11-point gap to bridge. It’s crucial that we capitalise on our upcoming home games to secure the points. Although our historical record against Motherwell at home isn’t stellar, let’s remain hopeful for a positive result tonight

Edited by betting competition