Falkirk v Montrose

13 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We were pretty wasteful again in front of goal and lacked composure at times. 

This has been true in several games this season, yet we’re the country’s top scorers by a fair chalk. Says a lot for this team. 

2 minutes ago, StuartA said:

This has been true in several games this season, yet we’re the country’s top scorers by a fair chalk. Says a lot for this team. 

The chances we are creating every week is quite incredible. I also think it's incredible that we haven't absolutely pumped anyone yet (over 6), as some games we are creating 20 plus chances. I think it might just click and happen before the season ends in 12 games time.

25 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The chances we are creating every week is quite incredible. I also think it's incredible that we haven't absolutely pumped anyone yet (over 6), as some games we are creating 20 plus chances. I think it might just click and happen before the season ends in 12 games time.

To be fair I think this has been a tactic by McGlynn to keep players fit because when we go 3 up we tend to take the foot off the pedal. No reason to risk going in hard and injuring players when you are already far ahead. To me I'd rather keep players injury free and keep winning having gone 2 or 3 up than score 6 in one game! 

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

After the slating the ref got earlier in this thread, he certainly done you a favour here. Red all day long.

Ref has a decent game and if that tackle is a red card, then there will be reds most weeks in every game, those challenges happen most games and we saw plenty of them at the weekend v Hamilton. They could've been down to 7 or 8 and us a player or 2  if we used your red card standard

I'd understand if Henderson just kicked his legs like a recent red down south but there was an attempt to play the ball, yep late but that is what happens when you foul. 

You could argue your player could've seen red for kicking out at Mackie but no the ref again made the right decision.

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

After the slating the ref got earlier in this thread, he certainly done you a favour here. Red all day long.

Behave yourself 🤣

That almost made being awake at 0345 this morning worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

A long lie-in for you then? Try 2.45am. 😋

🤣 certainly didn’t feel like it at the time, it’s going to be a long day in the office.

Probably the easiest game we’ve had against Montrose since we’ve been down here, the replacements In the starting line up did little wrong and great to see guys like Mackie getting game time. Olivers goal was a peach and roll on Saturday. Another 4K+ for a Tuesday game, great effort by all.