Queens v Montrose

Not often that I leave before the final whistle, but today I was away after the second penaly.

Absolutely atrocious - again.  Even the generosity of the officials was no help to this lot.  Must be one of the most blatant penalties/reds I've seen at Palmerston for some time yet they all managed to miss it and Kilsby stayed on.

The back three were totally devoid of options to get the ball forward thanks to McKay being totally stationary (other than pointing at nothing in particular) when he should have been offering himself.   As a result Cochrane got dragged further and further back to become a second sitting midfielder so with two defenders as wing backs, three centrebacks and two deep midfielders we resorted to long balls and misplaced hit and hopes.

Ferguson was a total waste of space when actually took his invisibility cloak off.  Why Bartley persisted with him and hooked Connelly, our only midfielder to look busy and try to be creative and probably our MOM, is another howler to add to the catalogue of mystifying decisions he continually makes.  Reilly looked isolated at first and seemed to continually get the ball stuck under his feet, and just as I thought Bartley was going to go two up front when Mumbongo came on Reilly was moved back into more of a number 10 role as he persisted with the same formation shambles.

At the back, Brydon was good, Ambrose had his usual fair share of brainfarts and McClelland cannot play in a back three for me as he drifts into no man's land and leaves acres of spaces around him too often.

No atmosphere in the ground, and it was bloody cold, I'm hungry due to the stupid o'clock kick off time and have now had enough for this season.  See you in 2024/25, unless Bartley has been sent packing before then.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Not often that I leave before the final whistle, but today I was away after the second penaly.

Absolutely atrocious - again.  Even the generosity of the officials was no help to this lot.  Must be one of the most blatant penalties/reds I've seen at Palmerston for some time yet they all managed to miss it and Kilsby stayed on.

The back three were totally devoid of options to get the ball forward thanks to McKay being totally stationary (other than pointing at nothing in particular) when he should have been offering himself.   As a result Cochrane got dragged further and further back to become a second sitting midfielder so with two defenders as wing backs, three centrebacks and two deep midfielders we resorted to long balls and misplaced hit and hopes.

Ferguson was a total waste of space when actually took his invisibility cloak off.  Why Bartley persisted with him and hooked Connelly, our only midfielder to look busy and try to be creative and probably our MOM, is another howler to add to the catalogue of mystifying decisions he continually makes.  Reilly looked isolated at first and seemed to continually get the ball stuck under his feet, and just as I thought Bartley was going to go two up front when Mumbongo came on Reilly was moved back into more of a number 10 role as he persisted with the same formation shambles.

At the back, Brydon was good, Ambrose had his usual fair share of brainfarts and McClelland cannot play in a back three for me as he drifts into no man's land and leaves acres of spaces around him too often.

No atmosphere in the ground, and it was bloody cold, I'm hungry due to the stupid o'clock kick off time and have now had enough for this season.  See you in 2024/25, unless Bartley has been sent packing before then.

A fair but damning summary, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Hard to argue with any of that.

2 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Apart from a 5 minute spell in the first half we were by far the better team and deserved the 3 points. It’s also nice to be hitting form at the business end of the season for once especially with Blair and Webby being on fire at the moment.

Would maybe say the spell was more like 15 mins but yeah the rest is accurate. Didn’t think we were awful but it’s the same stuff every week. 

Poorly set up and players being like robots not wanting to do anything outwith the really boring game plan. Connelly was having a decent game and he hooked him. From then on it was a really tough watch. 

26 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Mumbongo is the only positive of the last few weeks. Continues to look decent. 

Agree so it’s fitting that he is only getting twenty minutes at a time. Hopefully with a half decent manager til May we might get to see more of him. 

I never seen a Manager who exudes so much self confidence who is so far out of his depth. I think the term in management speak is UNCONSCIOUS INCOMPETENCE.

He seems to be the only person who doesn’t see how poor we are as a team and how responsible he is for the shambolic position we find ourselves in.

Second bottom simply can’t be contemplated but if this bunch of losers continue to free wheel to their summer holidays we might just be facing our biggest crisis in a long time.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I never seen a Manager who exudes so much self confidence who is so far out of his depth. I think the term in management speak is UNCONSCIOUS INCOMPETENCE.

That's exactly it.

The mismatch between what he projects and what he achieves is colossal.

Firstly to acknowledge that Montrose thoroughly deserved that win. They should a level of ability and tactical nous that we can currently only dream of. It would have been an absolute travesty if we'd scored at the end to level the game (not that we in any way looked like we might).

We were awful again and continue a home record that is beyond abysmal and a decline that shoes no signs of halting. There were of course individual errors and no doubt Bartley will focus on these but we were dreadful yet again.  

It's simultaneously astonishing and yet all too believable that this charlatan is allowed to continue as our manager. 

Heard from a few that we don’t owe him compensation if we don’t get play offs this year today, presume it’s just about waiting for the season to finish before starting again next year. Also, Ferguson is an absolute waste of a shirt anytime I’ve seen him (quite an achievement to be singled out amongst this gang) 

Edited by QoS99

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Heard from a few that we don’t owe him compensation if we don’t get play offs this year today, presume it’s just about waiting for the season to finish before starting again next year.

Which play offs? Up or down? Hope the contract was specific.

Edited by Otis Blue

That wee half time film of him droning on about drones and how much he's learned about himself, against a backdrop of him leading sessions in a classroom, as these spectacularly inadequate footballers nod away sagely, just looks ever more ridiculous.

He's a wee boy playing at being a manager.  It's time he was called in for his tea.

3 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Heard from a few that we don’t owe him compensation if we don’t get play offs this year today, presume it’s just about waiting for the season to finish before starting again next year. Also, Ferguson is an absolute waste of a shirt anytime I’ve seen him (quite an achievement to be singled out amongst this gang) 

You heard wrong it will cost us over a year's wages to get rid of Bartley no matter what position we finish in the League .

1st half we got a goal looked half decent 

2nd half was very poor Montrose deserved the win.

What gets me is teams don't have to do much to beat us .

We have nothing it is  a real worry of the relagation playoffs 

Just now, Greenacres said:

You heard wrong it will cost us over a year's wages to get rid of Bartley no matter what position we finish in the League .

1st half we got a goal looked half decent 

2nd half was very poor Montrose deserved the win.

What gets me is teams don't have to do much to beat us .

We have nothing it is  a real worry of the relagation playoffs 

I guess we will wait and see.

4 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Still looking upwards are we Marvin? Two weeks time and it will be 4 pts off Annan with 8 to play. Worst FT team to ever grace the Scottish leagues. 

If Bartley looks upwards all he will see is his digestive system, his head's so far up his own backside.

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Any chance this clown gets punted tonight?

If I thought there was a chance of that I'd be content with tonight. I just can't see him going before the end of the season which makes it so depressing. 

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

And there it is . A foul throw. f**k me. 

Walker was a bricklayer last year. I'll argue the point with anyone. No chance he played football before this season. 

2 hours ago, Scorge said:

Super result.

Even objectively, it isn't. It's a good result for Montrose but a win at Palmerston is only a super result if you're a QoS fan. 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Heard from a few that we don’t owe him compensation if we don’t get play offs this year today.

I can't see that being the case tbh. I mean I hope you're correct but who in their right mind signs a two year deal with there being a big chance you won't get paid your second years wages? 

Absolute shower. The players clearly have no idea what the game plan is. Bartley goes on and on about it every week but whatever he's instructing them to do they clearly can't do (unless his instructions are indeed for them to play utter shite). If that's the case it's down to him to find a game plan they understand can adhere to. I'm a fan of Cochrane but how he and Ferguson got 90 minutes is incredible. 

Struggling to even get angry now. Thankfully the Bookies are as useless as Bartley and 3/1 on Montrose was easy money. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That wee half time film of him droning on about drones and how much he's learned about himself, against a backdrop of him leading sessions in a classroom, as these spectacularly inadequate footballers nod away sagely, just looks ever more ridiculous.

He's a wee boy playing at being a manager.  It's time he was called in for his tea.

Never saw the clip, but the set up you describe makes me think he must have been rambling on about professionalism again?

Strange that earlier in the season he went on a rant about players sitting down too much, then proceeds to hold training sessions which involve the players doing little else but sit down.  Instead of concentrating on their playstations they now have to sit and listen to him instead, by the sounds of it.

I know our players aren't great (I think there are one or two that are potentially OK at this level) but they just look totally lacking in confidence and self-belief.  I think its just been beaten out of them by the management team.