Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

8 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Don't forget the even crazier logging truck drivers who can only drive at speeds of 80+, on virtually every road.

Those b*****ds too. Anyway lets hope Stranraer survive, even it is means they have to beat EK.

8 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Those b*****ds too. Anyway lets hope Stranraer survive, even it is means they have to beat EK.

Eh no, we want rid of EK (in the nicest possible way) in this sub-forum. 🤣

On 01/05/2024 at 16:16, An Absolute Imposter said:

Only we in the forgotten county can criticise oor tractor road. 😉

It's actually a very important part of the Trans- European- Transport-Network; or the E18 if you prefer. Linking the beautiful emerald isle with the greater European landmass via Gt.Britain &Norn Iron, or the UK if you prefer.

I know you wouldn't think it was a vital link driving it, especially after the Wigtonshire Roundabout.

One of the most pleasing sights for us Gallovidian's is viewing a big green claas coming 'hurtling' toward you on the opposite carriageway followed by 'hunners' of ferry traffic all of whom have the look of abject despair on their wee faces.

What makes it more comical is knowing that the 12 year old tractor driver is perusing old episodes of Emmerdale on his on-board entertainment system completely and absolutely oblivious to the carnage and seething hordes crawling behind him. 🤣🤣🤣

Watching Emmerdale when not on the phone, frightening.

On 01/05/2024 at 16:16, An Absolute Imposter said:

Only we in the forgotten county can criticise oor tractor road. 😉

It's actually a very important part of the Trans- European- Transport-Network; or the E18 if you prefer. Linking the beautiful emerald isle with the greater European landmass via Gt.Britain &Norn Iron, or the UK if you prefer.

I know you wouldn't think it was a vital link driving it, especially after the Wigtonshire Roundabout.

One of the most pleasing sights for us Gallovidian's is viewing a big green claas coming 'hurtling' toward you on the opposite carriageway followed by 'hunners' of ferry traffic all of whom have the look of abject despair on their wee faces.

What makes it more comical is knowing that the 12 year old tractor driver is perusing old episodes of Emmerdale on his on-board entertainment system completely and absolutely oblivious to the carnage and seething hordes crawling behind him. 🤣🤣🤣

Don't be under any illusions the farming community are mild mannered country bumpkins. Maybe i was just unlucky but the few i met were politically to the right of Ghengis Khan.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Don't be under any illusions the farming community are mild mannered country bumpkins. Maybe i was just unlucky but the few i met were politically to the right of Ghengis Khan.

Pffft. Time to worry is if they are physically to the right of 'ol Ghengis, and you've just said they live in banjo country.😜

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

"mild mannered country bumpkins", oh the grand delusions of the ethereal city folk.

The same farmers who know the machinations of the grant system better than any politician.

All Daily Mail readers, the odd Daily Express liberal.

Don't think I've ever seen a Morning Star in any shop, probably be a burning if any  shopkeeper has a copy.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

"mild mannered country bumpkins", oh the grand delusions of the ethereal city folk.

The same farmers who know the machinations of the grant system better than any politician.

All Daily Mail readers, the odd Daily Express liberal.

Don't think I've ever seen a Morning Star in any shop, probably be a burning if any  shopkeeper has a copy.

The Morning Star in Castle Douglas 😀

Now you're really having a giraffe.

History of Mosley's 1930s far right British Union of Fascists, highest local membership in Scotland in those towns and villages from Dumfries to Stranraer. Must be something in the water down there.

25 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

The Morning Star in Castle Douglas 😀

Now you're really having a giraffe.

History of Mosley's 1930s far right British Union of Fascists, highest local membership in Scotland in those towns and villages from Dumfries to Stranraer. Must be something in the water down there.

High concentrations of iron and manganese. Makes the water brown, but as far as i know there are no studies suggesting a link to Fascism.😜

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bottom of the table Stranraer v top of the table Stenhousemuir is the key match.  

Stranraer MUST win if they want to avoid the "club 42" tag.

Nah, Elgin v Clyde is where it's at. Clyde win and it's game over.

...unless Forfar and Stranraer both race off into early leads  :eek:

On 21/02/2024 at 08:26, Uncle Albert said:

Well after last night's 0-2 loss to Forfar it looks like we (Clyde) will be joining you guys down here next season, There is no way on earth we will win the required amount of games to catch up now and as for the playoffs, well the less said the better.

When you started this thread Clyde were 8 points behind Stranraer having played a game more, and only 11 games left. In that time you turned round 10 points on them, taking 20 points from 11 to their 10 points from 12.

Clyde were the best team in the league in those 11 matches, with Peterhead next best with 18 points.

Not many teams would have the testicular fortitude to pull that off. That's worth celebrating.

Screenshot2024-05-04at19_45_24.thumb.png.1aae411bf2f9e0aa827074cea081566e.png

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When you started this thread Clyde were 8 points behind Stranraer having played a game more, and only 11 games left. In that time you turned round 10 points on them, taking 20 points from 11 to their 10 points from 12.

Clyde were the best team in the league in those 11 matches, with Peterhead next best with 18 points.

Not many teams would have the testicular fortitude to pull that off. That's worth celebrating.

Screenshot2024-05-04at19_45_24.thumb.png.1aae411bf2f9e0aa827074cea081566e.png

It probably feels like a disappointment at this point.

If East Kilbride has put them down, they'd have had a shot at a title next season.

16 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Fair play to Clyde and McCall, turned it around.  Stranraer in a bit of soapy bubble.

Both Clyde and Elgin changed their managers at the right time and brought in better players. Stranraer sleep walked into it probably felt at the turn of the year that Clyde wouldn't turn it around.

One win in their last nine against a side who are on holiday mode after winning the title dosn't inspire confidence.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Both Clyde and Elgin changed their managers at the right time and brought in better players. Stranraer sleep walked into it probably felt at the turn of the year that Clyde wouldn't turn it around.

One win in their last nine against a side who are on holiday mode after winning the title dosn't inspire confidence.

I would also imagine the K Park will be a bit of a culture shock for Stranraer as well. If EK manage to get couple of goal lead I don't see Stranraer recovering it at Stair Park, but I guess anything can happen in the play-offs.

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I would also imagine the K Park will be a bit of a culture shock for Stranraer as well. If EK manage to get couple of goal lead I don't see Stranraer recovering it at Stair Park, but I guess anything can happen in the play-offs.

Not any positive vibes coming out of Stair Park. Feeling is they will struggle to attract the players needed to even survive the LL. 

Could be first SPFL club to drop to Tier 6.

13 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Not any positive vibes coming out of Stair Park. Feeling is they will struggle to attract the players needed to even survive the LL. 

Could be first SPFL club to drop to Tier 6.

A hellish prospect. But it would present a quandary. If it were to happen, how would they deal with the Reserves? Can't demote them. Nowhere to demote them to. They would have to cease to exist. Unless both teams are allowed into the WoSFL, with the first team in the Prem and the Reserves in Div 2. 

Then again, if we drop to Tier 6 the likelihood is that the Reserves will become the first team anyway as we wouldn't be able to afford to bus in a team every week. 

What interesting times we live in.