SFA New Ticket System

I just set up the app and can see the ticket for the N Ireland game though it says that the QR code will activate on the morning of the game.

right after I did this an email came through saying that the digital ticket is now available and to download the app.  A coincidence? 🤔

17 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I just set up the app and can see the ticket for the N Ireland game though it says that the QR code will activate on the morning of the game.

right after I did this an email came through saying that the digital ticket is now available and to download the app.  A coincidence? 🤔

Coincidence. I got the exact same email before I downloaded it.

20 minutes ago, BigTidy said:

Is the ticketing app sophisticated enough to award SSC points to everyone that scanned and entered a turnstile or does it still hand them out based on purchase history?

You'd like to think so. Though I doubt points harvesting is a significant issue at home games anyway.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Logged in this morning and don't see a problem with it.......no doubt that'll change on match day haha

Yeah, all looks pretty efficient so far. Mine is showing the Northern Ireland ticket albeit with no QR code until matchday. My son's is showing his also despite me having bought his actual ticket for him on my account (but using his number). All seems in order.

On 07/03/2024 at 13:59, the snudge said:

Take you got them? I was willing you on! 

I'm flying into Charleroi (£70 return) on Friday morning before the train to Amsterdam and back on the Saturday night the same way. Ticking off two countries I've never visited so quite pleased. 

Dutch match tickets arrived this morning.

Just been reading all the guidelines for the tickets on the app.

Am I right in thinking you can transfer/sell your ticket to another member as long as they have the Hampden ticket app? And the original owner of the ticket still gets the point?

I think that's right but it's not massively clear.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/ticket-information/hampden-park-ticket-app/?fbclid=IwAR1L-ZTg_uiw7-IyKOYt-yTOLjdjSotyazabNYha5AAS63X_bAztLurDjK0

Also it says QR codes that have been screen shotted will be blocked. I'm calling absolute bullshit on this. I don't think they can do this without having a system in place in the background way more complex and expensive than they will have. 

I'm going to the game next week and will screenshot my own ticket to test entry.

Will be useful to know for future games and for anyone who needs to sell tickets or get a printed version for someone without a smartphone or access to one. 

13 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Also it says QR codes that have been screen shotted will be blocked. I'm calling absolute bullshit on this. I don't think they can do this without having a system in place in the background way more complex and expensive than they will have. 

I'm going to the game next week and will screenshot my own ticket to test entry.

Will be useful to know for future games and for anyone who needs to sell tickets or get a printed version for someone without a smartphone or access to one. 

If it’s like any other ticket app then you won’t be able to screenshot it. I would be surprised if they went to the bother of launching an app for it still to be completely open to scammers and harvesters like that.

Help needed. Bought the package for myself and my son. Now, I've always bought for the two of us and we've been SSC members for so long I can't remember what details are held in my son's account. Never had to bother with it, just bought tickets which got sent to my email and I'd print them off. I got my email and got the app and can see my ticket but nothing for my son. He didn't get an email with the app details.  He's tried all his emails/password combinations to log into his SSC account to see what email is held there but no joy. He started  emailing/tried phoning the SFA on Monday and sent a message to the SFA Twitter to try and get it resolved but not had any responses. Any words of wisdom to help will be good. 

24 minutes ago, drobton said:

Help needed. Bought the package for myself and my son. Now, I've always bought for the two of us and we've been SSC members for so long I can't remember what details are held in my son's account. Never had to bother with it, just bought tickets which got sent to my email and I'd print them off. I got my email and got the app and can see my ticket but nothing for my son. He didn't get an email with the app details.  He's tried all his emails/password combinations to log into his SSC account to see what email is held there but no joy. He started  emailing/tried phoning the SFA on Monday and sent a message to the SFA Twitter to try and get it resolved but not had any responses. Any words of wisdom to help will be good. 

If you've bought both will you not have him in your family and friends section which will show you the email address he's signed up with and then you've got a starting point for him resetting his password?

Login then My Account then Friends and Family and it should show his details.

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

They had it working for the last Euros no problem, the scanners they use at the stadium gates detect screenshots, the qr codes have to be dynamic whatever that means. 

29 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If you've bought both will you not have him in your family and friends section which will show you the email address he's signed up with and then you've got a starting point for him resetting his password?

Login then My Account then Friends and Family and it should show his details.

While his name and SSC number are shown, there isn't an email address.

4 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

If it's similar to Ticketmaster (spit!!!), then you won't be able to capture screenshots, and there are a few other ticket providers for gigs that have similar policies.

4 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Everywhere within the App that I've tried to screenshot, results in a black screen.

Would highly assume this will be the same case, once the actual code for entry is in place as well.