SFA New Ticket System

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

Why was there a need to change it in first place? Old system wasn't bad was it? I never had any issues before

In terms of getting in, my experience of both systems has been fairly similar in recent years. You either time it right and get in bang on time, or you are not so lucky and end up in a big queue. Getting in too early and getting kicked out just before sale time is a problem I've had with both systems. 

My problem with the last system was that it had a habit of rejecting cards for no reason. They fixed that latterly but it was a pain for a while. 

This has gone about as well as you'd expect with anything of this nature that the SFA have tried their hand at in recent years. My name was greyed out on the "Family and Friends" list which meant they couldn't buy me a ticket, and when I logged on myself I'm getting a "Coming Soon" message which seems to imply I'm not a member.

After spending the first part of the morning being arrogant and condescending to folk who were clearly having genuine issues with their system, the SSC Twitter account has now gone quiet, and when you try to phone the number is engaged.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I take it you can't log back in now if you've already purchased?

You can log in but you can’t access the five match package area as it says “Member Limit Reached”. 

Makes sense I suppose but I do like keeping an eye on it. 

So was trying to buy 2 five match packages for myself and a mate email registered couple days ago

tried this morning and again now 

same story will only register me so I can’t buy two tickets together 

everything for his account greyed out

any clues?

5 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Why was there a need to change it in first place? Old system wasn't bad was it? I never had any issues before

Nah the old system had serious issues and couldn't take payments properly. We had issues several times with both Visa and Mastercard on the old system.

What they should have done though, was test this out for the Women's Nations League before going all-in on the ST Member Sales with 38,000 members trying to log-in at once. 

3 hours ago, MarkoP said:

So was trying to buy 2 five match packages for myself and a mate email registered couple days ago

tried this morning and again now 

same story will only register me so I can’t buy two tickets together 

everything for his account greyed out

any clues?

Try linking the accounts using account number and surname instead of email address. I saw someone mention that elsewhere.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Try linking the accounts using account number and surname instead of email address. I saw someone mention that elsewhere.

Ended up buying 1 package for myself 

Will hopefully get a chance for add-ons nearer the games

everything was greyed out after the one purchase

southstand upper so hopefully a good view.

Can’t be any quieter than south stand lower that I had last year

8 hours ago, MarkoP said:

southstand upper so hopefully a good view.

Can’t be any quieter than south stand lower that I had last year

Best view in the house, but comes at the expense of atmosphere, mostly in with polite society types. What game(s) were you in the Lower last year? as that can have a bearing.

Edited by 2426255

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Best view in the house, but comes at the expense of atmosphere, mostly in with polite society types. What game(s) were you in the Lower last year? as that can have a bearing.

Didnt realise they were on sale or is it just the sections closest to the east and west?

Aye me and my mate have picked SU for our 3rd season ticket/5 match package in a row and while the views brilliant wherever you sit the atmosphere isn't great. We've sat at the corner flag at the East End the last twice but were hoping for a wee change and a move more central or towards the West End but yet again it was only the same sections open initially and the rest greyed out. It's quite stupid they don't just put the whole stadium on sale straight away, especially with 38,000 SSC members and groups/families who might struggle to get seats all together while other sections aren't even open for sale yet.

2 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Didnt realise they were on sale or is it just the sections closest to the east and west?

Don't know about now but when sales opened yesterday it was only sections at the East side

I didn’t see any SS upper for sale when I bought mine yesterday afternoon. 
Ended up going for the West Stand as the atmosphere can be best there, even if the view isn’t the best.

The South Stand certainly gives you the best views, but it annoys me that only the end bits are usually available for the 5 match option. There are usually better options near the middle available nearer the actual game when they know what isn’t being used by debenture and hospitality. 

22 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Only selling the South stand seats inline with the 18 yard boxes just now 

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why can't I book P3 instead of one of a dozen seats left in P2?

I've been sitting in the South Stand since my lad started coming to games, so for about 8 years now (give or take the covid years) and it's always been the case. When I moved from the North Stand, I asked the woman at the Ticket Office why was this the case and the answer was that every section from the middle up to that point, is ear marked for comps, competition winners, sponsors and potentially an over spill for media. Once they know the numbers then they will release the unused seats in a General Sale...so I'm assuming that is still the case. 

That was obviously at a time where Hampden was nowhere near sold out, so I could get why sections were released in chunks but the SFA know fine will these games will be close to a sell out if not sell out, so I don't get the logic in selling tickets in this manner now (except that central section of the South Stand), is means that alot of actual members will accept poorer seats than sections that get them on General Sale. Surely you keep your members happy before general public....is that not one of the advantages of being a member, guaranteed ticket and a higher chance it's in a better seat? 

46 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I didn’t see any SS upper for sale when I bought mine yesterday afternoon. 
Ended up going for the West Stand as the atmosphere can be best there, even if the view isn’t the best.

The South Stand certainly gives you the best views, but it annoys me that only the end bits are usually available for the 5 match option. There are usually better options near the middle available nearer the actual game when they know what isn’t being used by debenture and hospitality. 

29 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I've been sitting in the South Stand since my lad started coming to games, so for about 8 years now (give or take the covid years) and it's always been the case. When I moved from the North Stand, I asked the woman at the Ticket Office why was this the case and the answer was that every section from the middle up to that point, is ear marked for comps, competition winners, sponsors and potentially an over spill for media. Once they know the numbers then they will release the unused seats in a General Sale...so I'm assuming that is still the case. 

That was obviously at a time where Hampden was nowhere near sold out, so I could get why sections were released in chunks but the SFA know fine will these games will be close to a sell out if not sell out, so I don't get the logic in selling tickets in this manner now (except that central section of the South Stand), is means that alot of actual members will accept poorer seats than sections that get them on General Sale. Surely you keep your members happy before general public....is that not one of the advantages of being a member, guaranteed ticket and a higher chance it's in a better seat? 

I don't particularly have an issue with the fact they have to hold tickets back in the South for potential commercial needs and release them later. So be it. I'm responsible for running ticketing operations at QoS (don't laugh, we have had near capacity crowds several times in the last decade despite where we are right now) and I've also sold our tickets for big away games at Ibrox, Hampden, Challenge Cup Finals, etc. I know there has to be a bit of juggling about and you always need a fall back safety net. I also understand why in a non capacity situation you release tickets section by section and block by block. It's financial lunacy to potentially have a half full stadium with every section open.

But that's not where we are here. As pointed out, these games are stick on sell outs and there's no need to hold sections back, certainly not in the South where they are rationed from the word go anyway. Open up P3 and P4 at the same time as P2 and let us decide if we'd rather be at the back behind the touchline slightly or near the front level with the penalty area.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

25 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

We were sitting on the padded seats last campaign as only bought individual tickets for the games we could make and wanted to take our son to his first matches and as he hasn’t got ssc membership thought this was best idea, really enjoyed it and def best views, but it cost us in the ballot for tickets for the euros as I missed out by a point ( would have easily have got if bought the season ticket) because i was at sea and missus bought a junior ticket instead of buying through my ssc number for son.