SFA New Ticket System

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m really not sure points harvesting at home games was an issue that needed addressed tbh. 

Things come up for people, and they can’t make games - particularly given how far in advance tickets are purchased. To not have the option to transfer on to someone, even for free is poor. I don’t see how they couldn’t install a transfer option but you lose your point for example. 

Will there not be any option to print out the tickets any more?

A couple of years ago I had tickets for the Poland friendly at Hampden, I tested positive for COVID a few days before and just gave the ticket on to my son to use. It would be a shame if we weren’t able to do that now. 

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Loads of people upset they can't harvest home points now

Hmmm.  If you're selling someone a ST for games a year in advance, coupled with the fact groups will want to be sat together should you be taking the money off them then punishing them if they can't get along to a game.  Maybe if there was a facility to re-sell the ticket then fine but this seems overly punitive.

You're actively making an already over priced item with two duff friendlies to pad it out less attractive

41 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Loads of people upset they can't harvest home points now

I think the perfect solution to this was given by someone above.

Allow transfer of member tickets but cancel the home point accumulated if you do it.

I can't see a downside to this.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

I think the perfect solution to this was given by someone above.

Allow transfer of member tickets but cancel the home point accumulated if you do it.

I can't see a downside to this.

The downside is if no-one wants to buy it.  Then you're paying for a ticket you can only give away and aren't even getting the point for it.

Clubs don't take LPs off fans if they can't make a game.  

Take the point if you give me the money back, fine

7 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Still not working' have emailed them !!!

Got it sorted eventually. They "reset" my account and it worked fine.

On the app tickets, my ST and any bought cup tickets are on an app for Saints game but it's still just a QR code which is scanned at the turnstiles. You can screen shot the QR code, WhatsApp or email it to anyone and it scans fine. I'm pretty sure same will work with these.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If they're going doling out points for midweek home friendlies they should start holding them away from Glasgow occasionally.

They are going to be selling 30k+ tickets for these midweek home friendlies.

There are plenty of games where demand exceeds supply, doesn't mean they should all be held at Hampden.

It really does. The notion that we should take games to Aberdeen or Edinburgh for the sake of it when demand outstrips the size of any stadiums there (unless you're advocating Murrayfield) isn't one I'd agree with.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It really does. The notion that we should take games to Aberdeen or Edinburgh for the sake of it when demand outstrips the size of any stadiums there (unless you're advocating Murrayfield) isn't one I'd agree with.

Why not hold them at Wembley and make room for another 40 thousand?

There are plenty of games where demand exceeds supply, doesn't mean they should all be held at Hampden.

I do sympathise as I have to travel for games, but with 38,000 members what do they do? Plus, these games will be close to sell outs probably. The days of games at Pittodrie or Tynecastle are possibly over, but it's because of the success of the team so I'm fine with that.

I had intended to buy the season ticket but my wife bought me tickets to see James at The Hydro the same night as the Finland game

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Got it sorted eventually. They "reset" my account and it worked fine.

On the app tickets, my ST and any bought cup tickets are on an app for Saints game but it's still just a QR code which is scanned at the turnstiles. You can screen shot the QR code, WhatsApp or email it to anyone and it scans fine. I'm pretty sure same will work with these.

I think they’re moving away from the static QR codes to something like the UEFA or SRU set up which can’t be screenshotted.

I'm not sure moving a game to Edinburgh solves any problems that comes with a midweek game in Glasgow. It's not like folk from Edinburgh can't get home and it's no better or worse for everyone else north of the Forth 

So unless Montrose are getting a 50k seater any time soon just leave it.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think they’re moving away from the static QR codes to something like the UEFA or SRU set up which can’t be screenshotted.

On the SRU app (which is pretty poor) you can easily transfer tickets to others. They just need the app to use it.