SFA New Ticket System

Don't think there's any way of telling how many are left on the new system unless the SSC tweet it out again but it's still on sale over an hour after it dropped to 10 points which suggests it's going down to 9 at least.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Any idea how many left?

I hope to f**k you're lucky just to stop you whining about not using social media. :P

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I hope to f**k you're lucky just to stop you whining about not using social media. :P

You do know that "social media" isn't interchangeable with "Twitter /X" do you? The SFA don't appear to certainly. 😉

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of the SSC to put news out somewhere other than Twitter. Especially now that post-Musk Twitter doesn't let non members read tweets, whereas they could before.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You do know that "social media" isn't interchangeable with "Twitter /X" do you? The SFA don't appear to certainly. 😉

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of the SSC to put news out somewhere other than Twitter. Especially now that post-Musk Twitter doesn't let non members read tweets, whereas they could before.

You can still use twitter for free, and put Musk on block which annoys the f**k out of him. Just saying...

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You can still use twitter for free, and put Musk on block which annoys the f**k out of him. Just saying...

Many of us are not interested in using Twitter, Facebook or any other of that shite, so you can get that attitude fired right into the bin Welshbairn. The SFA have a duty to keep the membership informed, and frankly their communications to their clients have been lacking for quite a while now. The lack of attention to detail is becoming a more regular feature (including getting the date of the Netherlands game totally wrong last Friday). 

It would not surprise me if they are delegating these responsibilities to younger people who have no significant record in effective customer communication. The evidence certainly points in that direction.

Whoever is in charge of the communication strategy, and on signing off on what is sent to the membership needs their backside kicked up and down Carmunnock Road. The information we are receiving at the moment does not fully meet the service we pay for.

And that is not acceptable under any serious analysis.

Edited by Barney Rubble

There's no reason why members couldn't be updated as quickly by email as social media, it would require them to regularly check if they had any new ones though. Letters would be a stretch.

Got mine on 10 despite it taking almost an hour with a different F+F being greyed out every time we tried for some reason, thank god it finally let us all have one and there was enough left!

Edited by AlloaAdam

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There's no reason why members couldn't be updated as quickly by email as social media, it would require them to regularly check if they had any new ones though. Letters would be a stretch.

Getting an email every three hours telling me how many tickets are left for a game that I’m not going to would be a pain in the arse.

Any decent ticket system should have the ability to clearly show how many tickets are available. Aside from that, twitter is fine. Is it really that much of an issue to set up a blank account and turn on notifications for SSC?

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Getting an email every three hours telling me how many tickets are left for a game that I’m not going to would be a pain in the arse.

Any decent ticket system should have the ability to clearly show how many tickets are available. Aside from that, twitter is fine. Is it really that much of an issue to set up a blank account and turn on notifications for SSC?

Yes. I don't want Twitter. I didn't want it before Musk, I certainly won't give it the time of day now. I'm not getting it just because the SFA can't seem to be bothered sticking updates anywhere else. They have  Facebook page, they have their own website and they have the ability to send round group emails. As you say, they also could just have a messaging system within the actual members area of the SSC or at least an update of some sort on tickets available.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

160 tickets left before it dropped to 9 points this morning.

Appears we've a small chance of getting in at 7 points. They sold about 700 to 19,000 people yesterday. There are 2,500 people roughly on 8 or 9 points. If ratio of take up is the same there might be 50 or 60 tickets get to 7 points.

Anyone got any guidance on whether there's merit in logging in before 11am or not? Does it just suddenly become available if you are already logged in or do you need to log in after 11am for it to check you are eligible and allow you in? Logging in at the minute just tells me it's "Coming Soon".

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's obviously got to 8 points. It's sticking me in a queue now if I try to log in (I'm on 8 points)

Massive queue due to the public sale starting at 10am. 

I got into the system ok having been put in a queue at about 10 to 10. Picking seats is awkward on a phone, I kept having seats added to my order when I tried to move the map. A bit fiddly but I managed to get Portugal tickets, the checkout and adding my son for the second ticket was easy enough. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Massive queue due to the public sale starting at 10am. 

I got into the system ok having been put in a queue at about 10 to 10. Picking seats is awkward on a phone, I kept having seats added to my order when I tried to move the map. A bit fiddly but I managed to get Portugal tickets, the checkout and adding my son for the second ticket was easy enough. 

Didnt realise that was launching at the same time. That's a damned pest.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, see that. I can buy now to be fair but it will only let me buy one. My son's not eligible till 11am. I assume it will revert to allowing 2 at that point?

It should do but there's been enough problems with the new system I wouldn't say anything with any confidence.