SFA New Ticket System

13 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Was anyone calling for this for the upcoming campaign?

The time to do that would’ve been the first League C campaign where we had 17k and 21k rattling around Hampden. We’re thankfully far past that point now.

We'll be back there at some point.

I totally forgot about these going on sale on Thursday. Managed to get two tickets for Poland and Croatia, in shite seats behind the goal, but couldn’t get 2 together for Portugal. The seat map was showing as 2 available but when I tried to add them to my basket it wouldn’t let me. Not sure what was going on with that.

The new system seemed to work pretty well but it was a bit confusing trying to select adult and junior tickets. Only took a minute or two to get my head around but when you are only given 15 mins to complete the checkout and want to try and get tickets for 3 different games it made me panic a bit.

20 hours ago, strichener said:

We'll be back there at some point.

Can't understand why people are still talking about moving Scotland games to other stadiums around the country - has everyone forgotten that the SFA now own Hampden? It would make no logical business sense for them to have the stadium sitting empty & to pay clubs to use their stadium.

I personally think that out of the 5 games at Hampden this year, that 4 of them will sell out & Northern Ireland won't be a full house. In fact I'd be very surprised that the Finland game doesn't sell what with it being the last game before the Euro's and the official send off for the players 

9 hours ago, HighlandWarrior said:

Can't understand why people are still talking about moving Scotland games to other stadiums around the country - has everyone forgotten that the SFA now own Hampden? It would make no logical business sense for them to have the stadium sitting empty & to pay clubs to use their stadium.

I personally think that out of the 5 games at Hampden this year, that 4 of them will sell out & Northern Ireland won't be a full house. In fact I'd be very surprised that the Finland game doesn't sell what with it being the last game before the Euro's and the official send off for the players 

I wasn't talking about moving the games around the country.  We are going through a purple patch at the moment but when results start to fall off then so will the fans.  My point was that we will be back to Scotland having 20k at midweek games at some point in the future.

I genuinely cant go to the N Ireland game.  I have bought the 5 game package and wondered if there was anyway i could pass my electronic ticket onto someone else (the son of one of the guys I usually go with)  Happy to share log-in details with him if need be but currently unsure if it is possible. Anyone able to advise?

14 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Am I right in saying we're due an app to store our tickets on?

Knowing the SFA it will be available the  day before the N Ireland game and trying to get through the turnstiles at that game will be a nightmare as folk try to access their tickets! 

I would hope they make it available sooner so people have time to figure out how it works and resolve any issues with it. 

13 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I genuinely cant go to the N Ireland game.  I have bought the 5 game package and wondered if there was anyway i could pass my electronic ticket onto someone else (the son of one of the guys I usually go with)  Happy to share log-in details with him if need be but currently unsure if it is possible. Anyone able to advise?

Don't know how the system works or if it's specifically linked to your phone number, but if there's no other way you could always lend him your phone if you trust them enough. There's probably a way to just download it onto his phone though.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know how the system works or if it's specifically linked to your phone number, but if there's no other way you could always lend him your phone if you trust them enough. There's probably a way to just download it onto his phone though.

Nah, I will be approx. 150 miles from Hampden so thats not really an option.  I have only missed three competitive home games since 1994 and was thinking of going to this friendly until I found out I just couldnt change work obligations.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Nah, I will be approx. 150 miles from Hampden so thats not really an option.  I have only missed three competitive home games since 1994 and was thinking of going to this friendly until I found out I just couldnt change work obligations.

I'm sure it will be possible to give him your log in details and password to download the ticket if there's no easier way. It's the way some people do it for UEFA tickets.

You would hope the system would have a way to officially transfer the tickets to someone and forfeit your SSC point, but I feel like they'll f**k that up and just have either empty seats or needing folk to lend login details etc.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You would hope the system would have a way to officially transfer the tickets to someone and forfeit your SSC point, but I feel like they'll f**k that up and just have either empty seats or needing folk to lend login details etc.

Yes I would phone the SFA and explain the situation telling them you don't deserve or want the point due to a change in circumstances, but don't want to waste the ticket.

They might send you a PDF you can forward to your pals son.

Must be worth a try!

Edited by Anfield 1977

On 12/03/2024 at 08:31, Caledonian1 said:

15 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Surely when the tickets do come through they'll be a QR code like previous?? If so, when it becomes available, log in via your phone, screenshot the codes and then send them onto your son.

15 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Surely when the tickets do come through they'll be a QR code like previous?? If so, when it becomes available, log in via your phone, screenshot the codes and then send them onto your son.

With the new app it's dynamic QR codes, you won't be able to screenshot them.

So the Northern Ireland home game is just over a week away. When exactly is this App being launched? Or have I missed that somewhere along the line?

Surely they need to get that out there asap and make sure everyone has their tickets before the damned day of the game!

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So the Northern Ireland home game is just over a week away. When exactly is this App being launched? Or have I missed that somewhere along the line?

Surely they need to get that out there asap and make sure everyone has their tickets before the damned day of the game!

The app is already available. Have dowloaded it, but until the SFA/SSC activate it properly, not a lot that can be done. Screenshots not possible, the below are photos a friend took of my screen. 

Edited to add some screenshots from how the app shows up in the Apple store 

1eacba96-6123-45aa-a175-f033192dd5e0.jpeg

1ccce3a2-6870-4389-9afb-ecf6cd67e0c4.jpeg

IMG_6957.png

IMG_6958.png

IMG_6959.png

Edited by German Jag