SFA New Ticket System

5 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Yeah this was what I had for the first 10-15 mins or so then timer appeared with countdown

Just purchased my tickets for me and wife using the phone, was a bit of a pain trying to actually select seats as the stadium view was pretty bad certainly worse than the old system for selecting seats

Will have to try use a desktop for next time 

3 minutes ago, BMG Spider said:

Was the same, though I‘m about 75% across and a timer has appeared. 10 minutes 

Thanks folks. That explains it. I'm about 50% across now and no timer yet. Approaching half an hour sitting in this waiting room though.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Assigning seats seems to have moved a page further into the process as you select 'buy now' before it. Was looking for a place to change it before and couldn't see it. 

Good tip. I would have been too. Thanks.

Still waiting patiently........

12 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Yeah this was what I had for the first 10-15 mins or so then timer appeared with countdown

Just purchased my tickets for me and wife using the phone, was a bit of a pain trying to actually select seats as the stadium view was pretty bad certainly worse than the old system for selecting seats

Will have to try use a desktop for next time 

The desktop is just as bad. I was using my work one and it was an absolute nightmare, the page froze after every click of the mouse so I was waiting for the map to move for a few minutes every time to navigate it. Much worse than the old one.

Just to add - if you get the choice wait on page or exit page, I always waited and eventually the page does load. It just takes a very, very long time. 

Edited by Jambomo

I managed to get two match packages ,one for me and one for Scrappy Doo.

About 40 minutes wait, a few minutes to do the transaction, although it isn't exactly intuitive.

I had done all of the registering for the new system last week, and used my laptop instead of a phone/tablet, as I find selecting seats on these things on a touch screen infuriating.

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

Ive been in the queue for close to an hour now having started at bang on 10

4 minutes to go now it says.

Mine's just come up with a Timer now. 10 mins it says. I've been logged in since about 10:15 so if it's right it will be about an hour's wait just to get in. I'm looking for South Stand though so hopefully it's not the one most people are chasing.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mine's just come up with a Timer now. 10 mins it says. I've been logged in since about 10:15 so if it's right it will be about an hour's wait just to get in. I'm looking for South Stand though so hopefully it's not the one most people are chasing.

Only selling the South stand seats inline with the 18 yard boxes just now 

1 minute ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Only selling the South stand seats inline with the 18 yard boxes just now 

Pretty much where they do only sell them to be honest. We were parallel to the 6 yard box for the last campaign. If it's anything like that getting two together will be the problem. I'll find out in 52 secs apparently............

After just over an hour of trying I was able to purchase for the 5 people in our group, almost the same seats as the last time which considering the number that were gone, im happy with

Glad I read about putting the names in after the seat selection etc on here

My concern was that they have merged my Debenture account and SSC accounts together now and they have 1 log in to the two separate sites. I had my debentures long before joining the SSC as I never used to go to away games and when trying to link up my friends and family my SSC number has been replaced by my debenture number for logging in. (no one could find me last night when we were trying to join up our accounts) .The points however have been transferred over and thankfully I was able to buy with the rest of the group as I tend to just use the debenture seats for club games now.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Huge shock the new system is a shambles… 

I think I’m going to patch the NI game at those prices, and just attend the rest. 

Id not say its a shambles but it just cannot cope with 1000s trying to buy at the same time.

I do reserve judgement however until we see how the app works and how easy it then is for people to get into the games.

Just now, realmadrid said:

Id not say its a shambles but it just cannot cope with 1000s trying to buy at the same time.

I do reserve judgement however until we see how the app works and how easy it then is for people to get into the games.

If a ticket system designed for thousands of people accessing it at the same time can’t cope with that then surely it’s a shambles… 

That’ll be interesting at the next game though!

Not impressed.

An hour's wait to get in, at which point there's literally only about 20 seats left in the South Stand in P2 and I2 which are the only two areas for sale. To get two together the only option was right at the front. I picked them, then suddenly two decent ones towards the back came up so I picked them too. Then had four tickets in my cart. Couldn't work out how to delete only two of them, accidentally deleted one of the good ones, deleted them all to start again and couldn't get any of them again!

Then asked it to pick the best seats, didn't realise you could pick the section so it put me in the North which I didn't want. Start again. Two seats in P2 please? No problem, two seats allocated in different fecking rows! You couldn't make this up. There's a whole stadium here they've not released for sale yet. I'm not taking my child to a game and having him sit a row away. Why can't I book P3 instead of one of a dozen seats left in P2?

I was actually just going to let it lapse and try again later and got a warning saying I had 4 mins left then suddenly two together appears in row T which is lower than I'd like (potentially get wet if it rains) but I took them.

Rubbish though.

Edit - Main frustration is losing the decent pair I had in EE though and accept that's my own fault though it was far from clear how to delete individual seats from your cart.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not impressed.

An hour's wait to get in, at which point there's literally only about 20 seats left in the South Stand in P2 and I2 which are the only two areas for sale. To get two together the only option was right at the front. I picked them, then suddenly two decent ones towards the back came up so I picked them too. Then had four tickets in my cart. Couldn't work out how to delete only two of them, accidentally deleted one of the good ones, deleted them all to start again and couldn't get any of them again!

Then asked it to pick the best seats, didn't realise you could pick the section so it put me in the North which I didn't want. Start again. Two seats in P2 please? No problem, two seats allocated in different fecking rows! You couldn't make this up. There's a whole stadium here they've not released for sale yet. I'm not taking my child to a game and having him sit a row away. Why can't I book P3 instead of one of a dozen seats left in P2?

I was actually just going to let it lapse and try again later and got a warning saying I had 4 mins left then suddenly two together appears in row T which is lower than I'd like (potentially get wet if it rains) but I took them.

Rubbish though.

The place is going to sell out for the majority of these games, so I don’t really understand not adding all the available sections right at the start…

The whole point of the season ticket is getting your preferable seating too, as there isn’t any cost benefit for some reason this time.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The place is going to sell out for the majority of these games, so I don’t really understand not adding all the available sections right at the start…

The whole point of the season ticket is getting your preferable seating too, as there isn’t any cost benefit for some reason this time.

This.

The idea that someone wanting a pair of seats with a child has to pick separate seats from about a dozen available in one section when you KNOW they haven't even opened the next section for sale yet is a complete nonsense. In hindsight I'm now thinking I should just have let it log me out and gone back in later but it was an hour to even get in and there's no guarantee that by the time you do the next section's not in the same boat. Like you say just put them all up for sale at the same time, or at least a wider selection than they do.

I appreciate part of the reason it looks like there are only a dozen seats left is there are probably dozens in somebody else's cart at any given time. Hence why sometimes better seats reappear if they lapse their order or something.

How on earth do people booking for groups of multiple people manage if I can't get two together? Do their options somehow change?

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This.

The idea that someone wanting a pair of seats with a child has to pick separate seats from about a dozen available in one section when you KNOW they haven't even opened the next section for sale yet is a complete nonsense. In hindsight I'm now thinking I should just have let it log me out and gone back in later but it was an hour to even get in and there's no guarantee that by the time you do the next section's not in the same boat. Like you say just put them all up for sale at the same time, or at least a wider selection than they do.

I appreciate part of the reason it looks like there are only a dozen seats left is there are probably dozens in somebody else's cart at any given time. Hence why sometimes better seats reappear if they lapse their order or something.

How on earth do people booking for groups of multiple people manage if I can't get two together? Do their options somehow change?

A large proportion of the South lower is either allocated to hospitality or held back for comp tickets, players families, away delegation etc. They usually put individual games on sale nearer the time in the best seats since they know what they need to give up for any particular game. 

I compared buying a ticket with Aberdeen FC to the Scotland national team, and the truth is getting tickets from Aberdeen is so much easier. Aberdeen has set up Hampden for three sides of the ground previously, but it's much more straightforward compared to Scotland, which involves various additional steps you have to navigate. Additionally, the seating map for selecting your seat for Scotland was horrendous, even with the big screen I use at work. I would hate to see it on a mobile device.

Edited by betting competition

13 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

A large proportion of the South lower is either allocated to hospitality or held back for comp tickets, players families, away delegation etc. They usually put individual games on sale nearer the time in the best seats since they know what they need to give up for any particular game. 

I'm aware of that and it's why P1 and the back seats in P2 are not available. It's not why P3 isn't available at the same time as P2 though.