Stirling Albion v Edinburgh City

What a difference today with Callum Crane in midfield running the show 👏 👏👏 willing to fetch, carry the ball and make the right pass, no panic...added to that i thought Leitchy played well also, willing to show for the ball & some great deliveries..

Was a heavy pitch today, a bit bobbley...but we got the result that mattered.. able to make a few subs & rest a few legs for Tuesday against Hamilton 

Happy Bino tonight 

Thought Cammy did ok today also 👌

Not really the strongest opposition but its a much needed victory....take some confidence going into Tuesday night 

Hmmm, kind of agree with Beepee, but where I 100% agree is in the statement regarding Crane, what a fantastic performance by him, totally bossed the centre of the park before being replaced and looked a player that could play at a higher level, although he wasn’t up against much. I totally get why Pabs was voted sponsors Man of the Match but for me it was Crane.

The First Half was disjoined and we were very wasteful on the ball for long periods, but as this squad does, we just found the ability to dig in and come up with a goal, and it was great when we did. They don’t have to be pretty all the time, scrambles count as well.

I think it was then a case of how many and thankfully, we managed to get 3 more and play some really good football in the mix, with McPake and Offord playing a big part in a lot of what was positive. Thought the substitution of Hilson for Spence was positive as well and was delighted when “the other Dale” managed to get himself on the score sheet at the end.

i did feel for Edinburgh a bit, I don’t think they’re necessarily awful, McIndoe has set them up well, but they’re a mix of guys that are simply not good enough for this level and remind me a bit of when we were in League 1 under Greig McDonald and then Stuart McLaren. Disappointed in the support the Edinburgh bench showed Deane after his Red Card, that was an awful challenge, he got it totally wrong and was lucky not to do some real damage to McPake. He’s a young lad, who’ll probably learn from it, but from where I was sitting, that was bad.

Anyway, pleasing afternoon and delighted to have suffered no hiccups and extended the lead over Annan.

Started off very sloppy snd scrappy and shape was all over the place.

Settled as the first half went on and we were worthy or our half time lead.

Crane was excellent and formed a good partnership with leitch. Both wingers had the beating of their men constantly but were very wasteful with the final ball.

Sending off gave us a chance to play some nice stuff  even if we were guilty of trying walk it in at timed

Looked a red to me. Reckless and dangerous.

An unimpressive performance with an excellent result at the end. The first half was pretty much a non event, Edinburgh tidy. enough in possession without posing a threat, we were flat and apart from one good save by the City keeper  and a scrambled goal didn’t contribute very much to the entertainment.

The red card right at the start of the second settled the result, and let us win comfortably without raising our level of performance.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Doubt it seeing as he died about 30 years ago. 

@Flybhoy Benny Hill on a scarecrow pole... dead or alive might just have performed a bit better down at Annan...certainly wouldn't have sprinted 30 yds off his line 🙈