Clyde vs Elgin City

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Really good result today and we're gonna need a few more nervy, tight wins like that to hold onto our slim chance of staying up.

Need to hope one of Sula, Howie or Dunachie can get their fitness back for next week though as we can't depend on Peter Grant at all.

Need to hope Howie is fit, Sula it complete bombscare

Don't think Sula has done too badly. I think the result has papered over it, and I know he's not a natural left back, but I though King was awful yesterday. If only we had an actual left back sitting on the bench whose done OK when given the chance. Oh, wait. We do. 

9 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Need to hope Howie is fit, Sula it complete bombscare

I think bombscare is very harsh. To me Sula is a very good defender at this level but prone to the odd stupid mistake, though well short of bombscare levels.

Especially bearing in mind he spent most of last season and the first half of this with utter shite around him.

I thin Sula is decent. I didn't think he had his best game yesterday. I'm not convinced he'll look too clever when we see the Elgin goal back.

That said, I'd rather him in the side than Dunachie or Grant. Or probably most backup centre halves at this level.

Edited by David W

For me, there was a wee period right after Elgin scored where Sula looked absolutely rattled. Once he settled down, he was mostly fine. The issue is we now have one of the best centre halves we’ve had in years who is too good for this level playing along side him, which shows him up.

King wasn’t good yesterday at all. He was involved in the build up for one of the goals, but generally he looks miles out of position. It’s not his fault though, I feel bad whenever I see managers do that to a player.

Leitch should be starting from here on out. Every time he comes on he makes a difference. Scullion has been mostly fine this season but Leitch is just a much better option. He drifts out of games occasionally but will generally do *something* positive. You can say similar about Kabia.

I haven’t minded King at left-back at all. He didn’t have the best game yesterday but I felt that was mostly down to poor distribution which is unusual for him. There are a couple of times where he was done by a ball in behind him but there were a fair few times he was doubled up against. He’s a massive improvement there compared to Hendji, Rodden, Craig or most others we’ve had there in recent memory. McGinn could maybe count himself a bit unlucky but we’ve won three of the last four with King at left-back so I understand why we’re persisting with it.

Sula is usually fine too but is prone to a wee spell of being overly rash. I felt overall, he dealt with Golding fairly well where his height and aggression probably helped with that. He’s by no means perfect but he’s playing in League Two for a reason after all.

The distribution from the back was dreadful in the first half, and King’s didn’t get any better in the second. He’s not a left back granted but at least puts a shift in. 

Cuddihy at right back from now on for me, we can’t persist with Lyon. 

I thought Sula and Hamilton paired up well together yesterday and P.Grant continues to show he's done when he comes on. 

Half time changes were massive. Moving Cuddihy to defense and brining Leitch and Kabia on changed it. Lyons wasn't terrible defensively but still 1 or 2 times the Elgin attack just walked by him and his distribution and crossing aren't even as good as shite. 

I also thought Rennie maybe should've been taken off as he looked flat on his feet for the last 10-15 but thankfully we got over the line with 2 exceptional goals. Gave ourselves a glimmer of hope again. 

Need to continue this run against that utter gang of bridies next week

At least if you still finish bottom you've shown you can hit some sort of form. I'd absolutely love whoever finishes 10th to skud East Kilbride (assuming they win their play off)