Clyde vs Elgin City

Surely Clyde will be on a high and much more confident after that stenny result which will make it even tougher for us yet our results recently have been on the up so hopeing maybe more than just a draw and a win would be a bigger positive obviously but will be a tough one I think 

In our last nine games, we've faced each side in the league; three wins, three draws, three losses. Much-improved form, no doubt, but the losses were all ruinous six-pointers against Elgin, Stranraer and Forfar. If we're to stand a chance of avoiding the play-off then we need to take points off these sides in the next quarter; we've seen ample evidence now that it's a mentality thing and not a quality thing in these fixtures, so hopefully that big win at the weekend instils some belief and swagger in them ahead of what will be a very tough game, in spite of Elgin's poor away record. Howie back in for Sula if he's fit but other than that, no changes please (maybe Kabia in for Scullion if he's fit). 

2 hours ago, cityloon said:

Surely Clyde will be on a high and much more confident after that stenny result which will make it even tougher for us yet our results recently have been on the up so hopeing maybe more than just a draw and a win would be a bigger positive obviously but will be a tough one I think 

Think I saw on the P&B Twitter that over the last 6 games Elgin are top of the form table for the league. This won’t be easy, despite Elgins poor away record.
Looking at the Forfar game it seems we struggle more against teams that sit in, no doubt what Elgin will do given their away form and the fact a draw suits them a lot more than us.

Just please somehow find a way to win this Clyde!

This is the most certain away win in the history of football.

I'm trying to remind myself this Clyde team can actually play but, as mentioned, the complete reluctance to even turn up for the six-pointers, never mind win them, is far more overpowering.

I think Elgin's strengths lie in attack so I believe it won't be like the Forfar game don't think they will set up to defend . But if Allan and Rennie work as hard and link up like on Saturday we will create chances.  Confident but not overly so as Goldon and Cameron are dangerous . At Elgin only game I've seen Hamilton struggle a bit. Need to be watched carefully. 

I hope I don't sound partisan or OTT when I say Elgin are, quite frankly, scum if they don't chuck one in here to square us up for Leighfield's efforts in our last meeting.

Really should be a good game between two sides on decent enough runs of form. Hoping the result and performance last week puts some confidence into us. Telling myself this is the first 2024 six-pointer where we're not away and/or playing midweek, as if that makes any significant difference. I think we can do it though. The boys really clicked last weekend.

As for Elgin, a draw would suit them fine but any sort of win sees them safe for another year unless they start failing to show up for matches ir something. Even on total autopilot, you'd fancy them pick up a few draws between now and the end of the season to put a bow on things.

Two highly motivated sides with the winds in their sails. Excellent stuff!

Yip at Elgin they played as a collective team with drive and determination that night, we never laid  a glove on Draper, they played very well with good performances from auld timers Cooper & Cameron, and of course Gallagher, Dingwall & Golding. This game after last weeks performance should see us stretch them with more energy and commitment. Lets face it we're back in the dung if we don't follow up. There is a team in there if we can find some sort of consistency over the next ten games regardless of our bombscare season. Team talk should be that Elgin are "top of the league" not a bottom half club🤔....

Never change a winning formula. I’d go with the same starting XI from last week barring any injuries or suspensions I don’t know about.

Will be a tough one, though. 
I’ll never attend a football match in my life again if Rob Jones scores the winner for Elgin.

Would broadly agree with keeping the continuity of team selection and try and ride the wave of last weekend. Only question for me will be Howie or Sula at the back, would be tempted to bring Howie back as I think he’s a more solid performer but not gonna criticise keeping things the same.

11 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Never change a winning formula. I’d go with the same starting XI from last week barring any injuries or suspensions I don’t know about.

I’ll never attend a football match in my life again if Rob Jones scores the winner for Elgin.

Came on as sub against us on Saturday looks some player 🤪 Golding stood out for Elgin.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I'd go unchanged, Howie hasn't even been playing well enough that he should come back in.

Three defeats since new year, and we didn't start with Cuddihy/Grant paired in midfield for any of them. I think that will make a difference.

Looking forward to this one. First away game I’m making in ages and I do love New Douglas Park for it’s convenience to get to as well as the view you get anywhere in the stand.

Clyde have had a pretty awful record in ‘must win’ games this season but I it wonder if last weeks result will have shaken that out of them.

We’ve drawn our last two matches against good opposition, the first half against Stenhousemuir especially was phenomenal. Clyde recent form has thrown the club 42 question up in the air and a win here would help us go a long way to being out of that conversation.

I’ll go for another (score) draw tomorrow.

Edited by CrispyMelon
Grammar

If we win tomorrow and Forfar do us a favour we can go 2 points behind Stranraer albeit they’ll have a game in hand.

Tomorrow is a huge game for us. Let’s hope last weeks convincing win has bred some confidence amongst the team.

Does anyone know if there's a stream of this for folk based in the UK?

Won't be able to make it but I'd like to watch and the stream I've found on the club website says you need to have an IP address based outside the UK.

8 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Does anyone know if there's a stream of this for folk based in the UK?

Won't be able to make it but I'd like to watch and the stream I've found on the club website says you need to have an IP address based outside the UK.

Get a VPN and you can digitally be outside the UK.